Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Lakers 2012-01-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:51 am
Starting to think ScoreBot is bad luck... either that or not having a healthy starting 5 is...

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:45 am
this was as beautiful a loss as it can be, in a big picture, not in that dorrel wright awful turnover on the break and three attempt at the end.
kwame, and thank gods, though i guess it's more up jackson's alley than mine, for biedrins sitting out, managed to put breaks on bynum. i predict with biedrins starting, bynum would have 4 points in two first possesions. also kwame the passer, who would have thought?!
nate robinson! i'm about the same height as him, so it's only natural for me to cheer for the guy and he delivered, up to that fast break clumsiness. seriously - when will the warriors start making fast break work?! from being amazing fast break team under nelson, they are at ground zero this year most of the time.
udoh played as solid as he could untill that awful travel call on his nice fake and slide under to the basket move.
ellis was great, making kwame look good on offense, sadly kwame is heavy with short hands, so he can't finish with authority of these dish offs, not much vertical leap for this fellow.
david lee, i thought did a decent job in first quarter denying gasol the ball, somehow he lost him in fourth but this might be on overall defensive sheme at that time.
i don't know why brandon rush didn't get more burn, he would have surely helped with his driving as opposed to dwright's refusing/inability to do so.
klay! hit some amazing jumpers coming off screens, consistency in this area and curry's loss might be less hurtful for upcoming games.
the problem is what to do with him when curry's in? is there a play where you can run TWO amazing shooters to come off the screen?! that wouldbe fun to watch!

well, kobe got all he wanted and practically finished us alone.

but after depressing losses to phi, pho and sa, this one was less so hurtfull.
we must, must take the jazz down tonight.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:31 am
ScoreBot is just keepin it real.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:32 am
Something tells me ScoreBot is going to win one of the awards at the end of this year......
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm
It was a tough loss. We lead in most of our games, and somehow fall short in the end. The positive side is that we almost always have one (or two, like last night) injured starters. So, we can only be even better when everyone's healthy.

Kwame had some great moments and some bad ones, but overall, I think he can be quite useful to this team. He's playing good defense. We need to get better on fastbreaks (can't believe I'm saying that for the Warriors). And the biggest problem...we need to hit damn FTs!

Lee is bad on defense, but gets rebounds. But his forcing on offense is terrible. He has a lot of turnovers and for some reason he doesn't pass the ball to open teammates.
Previous

Return to Game Threads