Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2011-03-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors win another on National television?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 5

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 pm
Yay another Suns loss!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:32 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
Agreed. They may be able to get DeAndre for the right price. I doubt Memphis will give up Gasol if they make the playoffs. Another center who could be dominant if they stay healthy is Oden. He is big and could be really good. And then you get a good backup PG or SG that has size so that you have size coming off the bench, and that back court would be fine.

I don't think there is anyone in the draft who can come in and really help us, so if you do a sign and trade for a good center like Oden or DeAndre, then still have enough space to sign some guys like Al Thorton, and an guard with size... Mcgrady? I don't know haven't thought about who yet, but then you could have Curry and Ellis starting with a good cast coming off the bench.

I don't think it has to be DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol. What I'm saying is if they want to be upper tier in the West for the next few years they need centers who play like them. Dalembert, Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol and Nene are the top tier Centers that any good team will want since good centers are hard to find. The next tier Ethan Thomas, Hilton Armstrong, Shaq, Kwame Brown, Nazr Mohammed, Kurt Thomas, Ryan Hollins, Yao Ming, Greg Oden, Jeff Foster, Francisco Elson. Denver will put most of their resources to sign Nene, and he wants to stay there for personal reason. Tyson Chandler is a wild card, because I don't know if Mavs fo trust his health to sign him to a big contract when they have Haywood there if Tyson choose to leave. DeAndre and Marc are restricted so the team can match the offer, but if they are overpaid than I don't think they will stay with their team. That the only way the Warriors can get DeAndre Jordan and Marc Gasol by paying each of them atleast 10 million a year. Dalembert seems to me Warriors should go after, but I don't know if he wants to come to the Warriors if there are other options available for him. The rest of the field of centers are backup Centers and injuries concerns. The warriors can try to do it through the draft finding those diamond in the rough Centers. I mean what are the Warriors paying their scouts for anyway if they can't find serviceable players to add. There also the guard position and SF position to add, but they probably going to add one center out of these FA, draft, or undrafted player.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 pm
Well this is certainly a pretty sad effort after the first 8 minutes are so

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:23 pm
God Nowitzki is just one of those bitches in the NBA that gets every f'ing call they want. All they have to do is go at the defender and then flail and yell when any form of contact is initiated. I hope he can sleep well at night knowing he's a bitch and will never play basketball like a real man.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:04 pm
worse loss of the season, i'd rather get blown out, than loose a huge lead (twice) and have the game end like this.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:04 pm
This team can hopefully start to rebuild now. If you can't out-muscle the soft Mavericks than you are a really sad NBA team. The Warriors had every chance to win this game but their lack of heart, hustle and desire blew it for them. My interest in the rest of this season will most likely be down, especially with the NCAA tournament starting tomorrow.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:49 pm
WarriorHawk87 wrote:This team can hopefully start to rebuild now. If you can't out-muscle the soft Mavericks than you are a really sad NBA team. The Warriors had every chance to win this game but their lack of heart, hustle and desire blew it for them. My interest in the rest of this season will most likely be down, especially with the NCAA tournament starting tomorrow.

They just have a better bench than the Warriors and Mavs take care of the ball down the stretch when they needed to. Warriors are not a deep team and they don't play good def. Warriors got off to a hot start in first half, but with Dallas depth with Marion, Terry, and Barea contributing off the bench it helps towards the end of the game. AB doesn't do much again he a backup center and there no other Center on this team. Acie Law did ok, but Udoh seems to me he can only block shots that all he can count on this season everything else in his game is mediocre. Vlad not going to help you a spot up shooter that all he is and Thornton get very little min. Reggie William and Lin don't get min, because they probably suck at practice and Keith Smart like "Veteran Experience". He doesn't have long leash for rookies, because he believes "Veteran Experience" is more important than giving young players PT to learn form mistakes this season.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:15 pm
JREED wrote:worse loss of the season, i'd rather get blown out, than loose a huge lead (twice) and have the game end like this.

I agree man...and the sad thing is I wasn't expecting them to keep the 18 point lead!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:
JREED wrote:worse loss of the season, i'd rather get blown out, than loose a huge lead (twice) and have the game end like this.

I agree man...and the sad thing is I wasn't expecting them to keep the 18 point lead!

I don't know if there is a good loss, but I don't think it was that bad, they played well, and if Beans didn't get hurt I think they would have won. They started to get out rebounded down the stretch when beans went down, and they ended up gettitng too many second chance points. So, all in all, good effort. We played well at home. We knew they would come back because Dallas started the game playing like they were on the second night of a back to back... and they were. Then the subs came in a bit fresh, and they clawed their way back. We didn't have the defense to slow them down, and we kept playing fast pace, letting them catch up.

I agree this game showed lack of depth. T
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Previous

Return to Game Threads