Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2011-03-16

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors win another on National television?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:48 pm
Dallas Mavericks (47 - 19) @ Golden State Warriors (30 - 37)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area (also on ESPN)

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks:
C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Shawn Marion
SG - Rodrigue Beaubois
PG - Jason Kidd

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (24.9) | D. Nowitzki (23.1)
RPG - D. Lee (9.6) | T. Chandler (9.4)
APG - S. Curry (5.9) | J. Kidd (8.3)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.3) | J. Kidd (1.7)
BPG - E. Udoh (1.2) | T. Chandler (1.1)
Last edited by krome on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 pm
krome wrote:Golden State Warriors (30 - 37) @ Dallas Mavericks (47 - 19)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area (also on ESPN)

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks:
C - Tyson Chandler
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Shawn Marion
SG - Rodrigue Beaubois
PG - Jason Kidd

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (24.9) | D. Nowitzki (23.1)
RPG - D. Lee (9.6) | T. Chandler (9.4)
APG - S. Curry (5.9) | J. Kidd (8.3)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.3) | J. Kidd (1.7)
BPG - E. Udoh (1.2) | T. Chandler (1.1)

OK, at this point , why the hell keep up the pretense that they want AB and why start his useless ass?
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:12 pm
I still like AB. I like his attitude and demenor. But I don't think he is trying hard enough, and definately doesn't deserve starting 5 status. Right now I think he would be a good backup center. Only problem is he is getting paid 9 million a year. I think he is still young, and if we bring in another starting center, he would make a decent backup, and then when his contract is over, we pay him less.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I still like AB. I like his attitude and demenor. But I don't think he is trying hard enough, and definately doesn't deserve starting 5 status. Right now I think he would be a good backup center. Only problem is he is getting paid 9 million a year. I think he is still young, and if we bring in another starting center, he would make a decent backup, and then when his contract is over, we pay him less.

I will never get behind the NBA thinking that just because you sunk a lot of money into a contract you HAVE to start or even play a guy who's a bust. You look worse playing him. Agree he's a backup. Don't think his agent would let him stay (here) for less $$$, he will probably have to expire and move on (where he'll probably become an All-Star).
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:I still like AB. I like his attitude and demenor. But I don't think he is trying hard enough, and definately doesn't deserve starting 5 status. Right now I think he would be a good backup center. Only problem is he is getting paid 9 million a year. I think he is still young, and if we bring in another starting center, he would make a decent backup, and then when his contract is over, we pay him less.

I will never get behind the NBA thinking that just because you sunk a lot of money into a contract you HAVE to start or even play a guy who's a bust. You look worse playing him. Agree he's a backup. Don't think his agent would let him stay (here) for less $$$, he will probably have to expire and move on (where he'll probably become an All-Star).

I think he is too young still to call him a bust. He was the 11th pick in the 2004 draft. No one expected him to be an all star when we drafted him. Then he had 2 good years and got PAID! but after that it has ben injuries and caos for him. But he just barely tuned 25, and probably has 10 more years of playing time. He was 18 when we drafted him, he has learned to play, but I just dont think he is motivated right now. I tink bringing in another legit center will help motivate him, because he will see how hard others working and his friends like Lee will start to hold him accountable. Specially when, they become a playoff team.

Worse case scenario, you trade him in his final year as an expiring contract. But there is a couple of years til then. If he can come off the bench and give us 20 mins at the 5 spot, then we would be in good shape.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:

I think he is too young still to call him a bust. He was the 11th pick in the 2004 draft. No one expected him to be an all star when we drafted him. Then he had 2 good years and got PAID! but after that it has ben injuries and caos for him. But he just barely tuned 25, and probably has 10 more years of playing time. He was 18 when we drafted him, he has learned to play, but I just dont think he is motivated right now. I tink bringing in another legit center will help motivate him, because he will see how hard others working and his friends like Lee will start to hold him accountable. Specially when, they become a playoff team.

Worse case scenario, you trade him in his final year as an expiring contract. But there is a couple of years til then. If he can come off the bench and give us 20 mins at the 5 spot, then we would be in good shape.

I just don't think he is a good player anymore . AB had 6 years in the league already and his game is digressing. His game is effort using his body to the max potential in grabbing the boards and effort on def throughout the game. There no high skill in his b ball game and it seems to me he got the yips because of the FT thing. That is a big mental hurdle and I don't think it is wise to help him, because you are going have to allocate a lot of resource for him to get over the Yips. In the end is it worth it? I don't think he is mentally tough, because this is what he is. He already has a body of work in the NBA and I don't think it wise for the Warriors to invest time in a mentally weak player who been in the league for awhile and is afraid to foul.
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:09 pm
if we lose this, rebuild time....or are we already there?
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:06 am
LilBallerx8 wrote:if we lose this, rebuild time....or are we already there?

I don't think there's any question we're in rebuild time. I think Lacob has even hinted when he first finalized that there could very well be sweeping change. I just hope the Warriors can continue to play uptempo frantic basketball while adding personnel and becoming a more viable yearly playoff team. That should be the goal. Right now it's once every 6 or 7 years or more to the playoffs, and we should with this fan base and commitment by new ownership be able to get to a point that we can expect to go to the playoffs and not in a yearly sacrificial 8 seed getting killed by San Antone or Lakers (Dallas series was a very rare anomaly).
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:06 pm
Yes, I think we are in rebuilding mode right now...but I don't think we are out of the playoff picture quite yet. It's simple...the Rockets and Suns are still considered competitors to get to the playoffs and we're only a few games behind each of them. If, and I mean IF we get our work done and much needed wins we could still sneak in there...we have more than a few games. Don't get me wrong, I'm no where near giving my hopes up but we could definitely get a lucky streak going with teams ahead of us getting some key losses. Not impossible...just not very likely :)
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:Yes, I think we are in rebuilding mode right now...but I don't think we are out of the playoff picture quite yet. It's simple...the Rockets and Suns are still considered competitors to get to the playoffs and we're only a few games behind each of them. If, and I mean IF we get our work done and much needed wins we could still sneak in there...we have more than a few games. Don't get me wrong, I'm no where near giving my hopes up but we could definitely get a lucky streak going with teams ahead of us getting some key losses. Not impossible...just not very likely :)

Just looked at remaining schedule, and we play Dallas x3, Lakers, San Antonio, POrtland x2, Memphis, OKC, & Denver. Relief is we have games against Hoston, Toronto, Washington, and Sacramento. I haven't seen the kind of consistency it would take to win 75% of those games out of this team. I would be overjoyed if they did, but not likely AT ALL.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:Yes, I think we are in rebuilding mode right now...but I don't think we are out of the playoff picture quite yet. It's simple...the Rockets and Suns are still considered competitors to get to the playoffs and we're only a few games behind each of them. If, and I mean IF we get our work done and much needed wins we could still sneak in there...we have more than a few games. Don't get me wrong, I'm no where near giving my hopes up but we could definitely get a lucky streak going with teams ahead of us getting some key losses. Not impossible...just not very likely :)

Just looked at remaining schedule, and we play Dallas x3, Lakers, San Antonio, POrtland x2, Memphis, OKC, & Denver. Relief is we have games against Hoston, Toronto, Washington, and Sacramento. I haven't seen the kind of consistency it would take to win 75% of those games out of this team. I would be overjoyed if they did, but not likely AT ALL.

Good point...although we've been doing fairly well (lately) against teams that are pretty good...and losing to the ones that suck...lol hopefully that trend continues!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:

Good point...although we've been doing fairly well (lately) against teams that are pretty good...and losing to the ones that suck...lol hopefully that trend continues!

Hope so, just read an article that hints that they're gonna break up the backcourt if they don't finish strong and no matter what I've felt about it before, I don't want to lose Monta or Stef.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:41 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:

Hope so, just read an article that hints that they're gonna break up the backcourt if they don't finish strong and no matter what I've felt about it before, I don't want to lose Monta or Stef.

Dido, don't want to lose either of those guys. Anyone else I am ok with. But those are the two guys I enjoy watching and I watch every game on TV just to see how they do, even if they don't win I want to see them play. Ellis is better then ever before, his shot is good, his drives to the basket are amazing, his change of speed. His help defense has been good. He has come a long way from when we drafted him out of highschool. We have been through too much with him, don't want him to leave. And I think he will get better before he gets worse.

And for Curry, he is the one solid draft pick we have had in 10 years? He is fun to watch shoot the ball, has a different style then Monta, but still fun to see him carve up a defense, and use some crafty moves to score.

Man... I hope that is not true.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:08 pm
GSW Hoops Fan wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:

Dido, don't want to lose either of those guys. Anyone else I am ok with. But those are the two guys I enjoy watching and I watch every game on TV just to see how they do, even if they don't win I want to see them play. Ellis is better then ever before, his shot is good, his drives to the basket are amazing, his change of speed. His help defense has been good. He has come a long way from when we drafted him out of highschool. We have been through too much with him, don't want him to leave. And I think he will get better before he gets worse.

And for Curry, he is the one solid draft pick we have had in 10 years? He is fun to watch shoot the ball, has a different style then Monta, but still fun to see him carve up a defense, and use some crafty moves to score.

Man... I hope that is not true.

If Warriors going to stick with the current backcourt than they need a elite big man like KG, Duncan, or Dwight Howard to anchor the Def and rebound through the draft or FA to be great team. They can also get more depth on the front court 2 good centers like DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, and hope Udoh take the next step in improving his game.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:27 pm
fullmetalx wrote:If Warriors going to stick with the current backcourt than they need a elite big man like KG, Duncan, or Dwight Howard to anchor the Def and rebound through the draft or FA to be great team. They can also get more depth on the front court 2 good centers like DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, and hope Udoh take the next step in improving his game.

Agreed. They may be able to get DeAndre for the right price. I doubt Memphis will give up Gasol if they make the playoffs. Another center who could be dominant if they stay healthy is Oden. He is big and could be really good. And then you get a good backup PG or SG that has size so that you have size coming off the bench, and that back court would be fine.

I don't think there is anyone in the draft who can come in and really help us, so if you do a sign and trade for a good center like Oden or DeAndre, then still have enough space to sign some guys like Al Thorton, and an guard with size... Mcgrady? I don't know haven't thought about who yet, but then you could have Curry and Ellis starting with a good cast coming off the bench.

Next

Return to Game Threads