Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2011-03-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win one on the road against the Pacers?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:43 pm

YES
83%
NO
17%

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:21 pm
...bad free throw shooting
...poor Monta shot choice
...WHY THE F*** DID SMART TAKE WILLIAMS OUT?
~LilBallerx~

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:31 pm
Coach Smart - "Oh good job Reggie...now you get your ass on the bench when the game is on the line."
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:32 pm
Nevermind I guess he put him back in...still didn't do any good though.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:34 pm
One more loss...blah. And I was positive that we would actually win this one. But we always have to screw up 3rd quarter completely.

Monta is not doing OK, I don't know what's wrong with him, but this is not what a superstar does. I might get in the group who wants to trade him while his value is still high, if he continues to have cold streaks that last for more than 1-2 games.

And Smart is definitely not a good coach. After the season, look for a new one. We should slowly turn our heads towards the draft.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 pm
Don't you just hate it when every single game every team that we play against has one player that has pretty much the same amount of FTs as the Warriors do?

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:36 pm
Yeah...monta is shooting us out of games these days. Wonder what happened over the break?

But I just keep looking back at our center position...you can't win with a center who cannot shoot free throws, has not 1 ounce of offensive ability, fouls out quickly, and plays under 20 minutes a game.

Also...what a waste of a spectacular reggie game.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Masurakyris wrote:Yeah...monta is shooting us out of games these days. Wonder what happened over the break?

But I just keep looking back at our center position...you can't win with a center who cannot shoot free throws, has not 1 ounce of offensive ability, fouls out quickly, and plays under 20 minutes a game.

Also...what a waste of a spectacular reggie game.

Yes, I think Beans has worn out his welcome..
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 pm
mad.
~LilBallerx~

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:53 pm
Warriors are garbage no starting Center, guards didn't do much on def, and as an whole team throughout the roster can't get any stop when they have to. Keith Smart made a big mistake by coaching like he has a good team, when he should of coaching player to develop skills and stop putting veterans in. I know he an old school coach where you need to earn through practice and rely on vets. The only problems is your vets are not great, and you need to develop young players and let them play basketball to develop their basketball skills. In today most college basketball players fundamentals are not developed where AAU and College coaches teach very little, because they are afraid to get fired. So they simplify things and rely on the players athletic ability instead of teaching the game of basketball to the players. Also coach Smart doesn't have much leverage with contract and his last stint in coaching for Cavs which didn't went well with him. This season pretty much over with this flawed team with your 3 highest paid player in Ellis, Lee, and AB who can't guard their man. It pretty hard to preach defense when your 3 highest paid player can't keep their man in front of them to contest shots.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 pm
Yes, this season is pretty much over. We need to start on the long road to building a team that can contend. I don't know if any of these players belong on that team, but I would like to think that some do. We need to SERIOUSLY consider who on this team has the heart and desire to win every night. I don't think many players on this team have that kind of heart and they need to go. I'm tired of watching half the team take a night off. They don't care about winning, they just want their money and their fancy lifestyles. This is why the NBA will never be more popular than the NFL or MLB. It is so obvious that half the teams and players don't care and it takes so much away from the game itself.

Rookie
Poster Credit: -1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:57 am
I am absoultely sure that you folks are gonna sing different song after GSW wins its next game. Suppose its gonna happen after one of those Elis's night. Everyone will cheer up for the dude and claim him to be an all-star or whatever.
Oh. and yes, this season is pretty much over. Move Biedrins away, move Smart away and build some quality team araound that Eliss guy. You cant push out the only star who can win games on his own. All you need is just a serious coach who can recognise those "not-Elis-kind-of-nights", reduce his time on the court and put on some different game plan with different players. But once again, you need to remove such stiff players like AB.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 pm
If the Warriors win the next 7 in a row yeah I might be "singing a different tune" but a win tonight against the Wizards ain't going to do that for me. Ellis, by the way, needs to pretend his **** DOES stink and start making some good shot selections and maybe driving to the basket more as opposed to shooting beyond the free-throw line. Start Udoh already and sit AB.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:59 pm
Knightofoceans wrote:If the Warriors win the next 7 in a row yeah I might be "singing a different tune" but a win tonight against the Wizards ain't going to do that for me. Ellis, by the way, needs to pretend his **** DOES stink and start making some good shot selections and maybe driving to the basket more as opposed to shooting beyond the free-throw line. Start Udoh already and sit AB.

PLEASE start Udoh! AB is way done, don't care how much he gets paid, SIT HIS ASS DOWN!!! This looks like Ellis shot selection of previous years, hope it's not a long-term relapse.
Previous

Return to Game Threads