Game Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Warriors 2011-02-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors come out with a victory against the Thunder?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:19 pm

YES
20%
NO
80%

Total votes : 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:19 pm
Oklahoma City Thunder (33 - 18) @ Golden State Warriors (23 - 29)

Start time: 5:00 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - David Lee
SF - Dorell Wright
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Oklahoma City Thunder:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Nenad Krstic
PF - Jeff Green
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Thabo Sefolosha
PG - Russell Westbrook

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (25.4) | K. Durant (29.0)
RPG - D. Lee (9.6) | K. Durant (7.1)
APG - S. Curry (5.9) | R. Westbrook (8.6)
SPG - M. Ellis (2.3) | R. Westbrook (1.8)
BPG - A. Biedrins (0.9) | S. Ibaka (2.1)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am
This will be 2nd night of back-to back for OKC, so maybe catch them low-energy but I kinda doubt it. Will take another superhuman shooting night from Monta, Curry, D Wright and/or Reggie or all of the above than still won't have a chance unless we can get a shotload of steals. Gonna get killed on glass and probably not many 2nd chance points for us. I no like it.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:53 pm
Great, nba league pass suddenly is not working, redirecting me to log in all the time :letitallout: don't think I will buy it for the next season.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:03 pm
What happened with our rebounding game?! I haven't seen this many offensive rebounds by Warriors since...well, I just can't remember.

Though, our bad shooting is one of the reasons.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:05 pm
If the free throws were even close to even this game would already be over, story of the warriors season.

The fricken Thunder live on the FT's of Durant and Westbrook, it's kind of sad how much the NBA caters to their "stars" by putting them at the line so much.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 pm
Steph took control of this one. Great game Ws!
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:43 pm
totally underestimated the Dubs tonight. Lee and Curry with the double doubles.. Monta doing work. Great win.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:06 pm
What a great rebounding performance, this is the kind of team that can win some games.

I wish this team would come out every night, they seem to play so much better on national tv.
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:18 pm
Aw damn it. This was on national TV? I had to listen to Fitz for nothing? ....
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:44 am
And Steph looked like a true PG. He had some great assists and passes, along with good jumpers. And I got a feeling that we finally played a bit faster than usual, and it's obvious that Curry plays his best when we do that...and the rest of the team as well. If this wasn't a fluke game when it comes to rebounds, if they continue with this good rebounding, I think we can still reach the playoffs.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:51 am
Yeah, but you know how we are... We beat the Bulls with defense one game, and a couple games later, we're blown out by the Suns with horrible defense. We're inconsistent, and we need to grow into a more consistent, and at least a DECENT road team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:18 pm
mik0 wrote:Yeah, but you know how we are... We beat the Bulls with defense one game, and a couple games later, we're blown out by the Suns with horrible defense. We're inconsistent, and we need to grow into a more consistent, and at least a DECENT road team.

I think a lot of it had to do with Nash and the Suns team were too experienced and took adavantage of our defensive scheems. They reacted so quick and moved the ball well, and nash was able to get by 1,2, 3 players that we couldn't hold down the Defense. The teams the suns have trouble with are the big athletic teams at various positions. We are not big nor athletic at most positions, so they were able to take advantage.

The suns are a team we are going to have to learn how to play differently. You can't approach every team the same way. You have a general style, then you adjust it to the oppenent, and you even adjust it once or twice throughout the game. We play the Suns 1 more time I think, hopefully we will have a better idea on how to play them then.
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard"

Image : 2010 - 2011

Return to Game Threads