Warriors
94%
Lakers
6%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:25 am
What was the game like guys? The Warriros at least look good playing together? The fast break smooth?

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:16 am
The game was great. Felt like reg. season. Heads got heated.
Ws were killing in the first quarter. Then came the bad foul shooting. And the Lakers full court press didnt help things any.
All thing considered they looked real good. They just need to get a little more consistant from downtown (or not take as many 3s) and make freethrows, and they will be fine. Ill tell you though its a whole different game when Baron is on the floor.
Round 2 tonight.
Go Warriors.....

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:58 am
I watched most of the first three quarters and came away impressed with our first unit. besides all the fancy moves (BD off the backboard to JRich for one) the warriors seemed to play at a really fast pace and just killed the lakers. they built a huge double digit lead early. problem was, whenever BD was off the court, our style of play had to change. that, and the fact that jackson was probably pissed so he had them fakers play full court on us and pressured fisher and got him uncomfortable.

all in all, happy with first unit, worried about second unit. honestly, i like mdj and pietrus, but i would like to allow mdj play more with the second unit because they seem to need more ball control and he'll provide that. also possibility of allowing him to play some point so fisher can play off the ball as he seems to be a little better with that.

oh, last comment, what do you all think of Calbert Cheaney getting minutes? he went in pretty early too. last year he was injured so i don't count that, but i remember two years ago, and he has a REALLY good shot inside 15ft. we haven't even been talking about him possibly taking some valuable minutes from our younger swingmen...good problem to have i guess

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:12 am
did you see luke walton walk in the 4th but they gave him the and 1?? we had a chance to comeback

a lot of jacked up 3's as the game went on, but the first stringers came out running from the tipoff...bdizzle off the backboard to JR! the fakers put odom back towards the end of the 4th and kobe was the only threat as usual. last night was great :x

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:24 am
other plays i liked:
any of foyle's blocks. he had 5 when i stopped watching
mdj's crossover to behind the back that just burned odom's pressure D

and doesn't ellis look REALLY tiny, especially next to odom? i hope ellis grows some...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:38 am
I hope Ellis plays some more... at least, until Fisher can get his swing back... He looked awful last night.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:44 am
kendo888 wrote:oh, last comment, what do you all think of Calbert Cheaney getting minutes? he went in pretty early too. last year he was injured so i don't count that, but i remember two years ago, and he has a REALLY good shot inside 15ft. we haven't even been talking about him possibly taking some valuable minutes from our younger swingmen...good problem to have i guess

I'm fine with him playing, just as long as he don't keep Pietrus from playing. I mean, he's a decent shooter and above average defender, and a smart player, but he's not getting any younger. He's more valuable becouse he's the only real veteran in the roster. He's there more to teach than play, but if the second unit stinks, let him play.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:23 pm
I thought Fisher played well. He played with alot of fire. Not so many shots droped for him, but he got to the line alot. Did you see Cook push off of D Fish in that jump ball and Fisher got called for a foul. He was HEATED. I loved it...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:29 pm
Did you see dunleavys mustache hilarious
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:07 pm
Yes, Mike Dunleavy looked ridiculous.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:35 pm
I also loved it when pietrus tried to shoot biedrens free throws.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:38 am
Good to see that the Warriors have some sort of chemistry, at least the first unit. Good to see that even Dunleavy has a highlight! They will do great and we will all be partying!!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads