Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2009-11-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors make it three losses in a row?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 pm
Memphis Grizzlies (1 - 3) @ Golden State Warriors (0 - 2)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Anthony Randolph
SF - Stephen Jackson
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Stephen Curry

Probable starters for the Memphis Grizzlies:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Marc Gasol
PF - Zach Randolph
SF - Rudy Gay
SG - O.J. Mayo
PG - Mike Conley

Team leaders:
PPG - M. Ellis (22.5) | O. Mayo (22.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (7.5) | M. Gasol (12.3)
APG - S. Curry (5.5) | M. Conley (6.3)
SPG - S. Curry (2.5) | R. Gay (1.5)
BPG - R. Turiaf (2.0) | M. Gasol (1.5)
Last edited by krome on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:22 am
I've got a feeling we'll win this one.

Not that it matters much, because we're gonna lose a ton of games either way, but this will be our first win of the year.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:35 am
Gasol generally monstored us last year. Don't see why that won't continue. They actually have a pretty decent looking starting 5 now
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:42 am
Quazza wrote:Gasol generally monstored us last year. Don't see why that won't continue. They actually have a pretty decent looking starting 5 now

I'm sure it will continue, and seems like Iverson will play his first game for the Grizzlies against us... I can't decide if it's a good thing or not.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:26 am
Man i havent seen a single thing that would give me a reason to think that we can win this one. But Im always optimistic.

Ws by 12.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 pm
Sad sad day when a Grizz team looks more balanced and talented than ours. :cry:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:16 pm
bigstrads wrote:Sad sad day when a Grizz team looks more balanced and talented than ours. :cry:

lol it really does, doesn't it mate

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:35 pm
We should be running screens for Morrow to free him up on some 3 point shots like the pacers did with reggie miller back in the day...not this pass the ball once and create your own shot!

Seems like our only plays in our Offense Book our "post center" or "give and go" everything else is every warrior for himself... and our defense book is in Hawaii at Nelly's Vacation Resort... :(
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:10 am
Quazza wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Sad sad day when a Grizz team looks more balanced and talented than ours. :cry:

lol it really does, doesn't it mate

Indeed........see what you think about this though =

Curry vs Conley - Pretty even in a way, Curry's lack of experience is made up by Conley's lack of talent when compared to him.

Match-up Result = Evens.

Monta vs Mayo - Mayo is stronger, and plays bigger than he is..........plus, Monta cant or wont defend sh*t, so he will get plenty of his dribble pull up looks.

Match-up Result = Mayo.

Jackson vs Gay - Gay thoroughly beats Jackson in every department...........do I really need to break it down? Gay is quicker, stronger and more athletic...........by quite a long way aswell.

Match-up Result = Zach Randolph.

Randolph vs Randolph - Although Zach is a piece of sh*te, he is more experienced, wiley and its odd to say but more under control than our Randolph...........hey, Zach may be a joke but at the end of the day he is a proven 20-10 man, and they are rare.

Biedrins vs Gasol - Well, Gasol is alot stronger and tougher than Biedrins.............which isnt really hard though is it. We all know what will happen here.

Match-up Result = Gasol.
Now, if we, or just anyone with a brain that can see match-up issues and do something about them, was coaching............then this is how I would have it =

Curry vs Conley - As above.

Morrow vs Mayo - Morrow is taller, and because Mayo is mostly a jumpshooter, will be able to get his longer arms up in those shots. Plus, Morrow is as good an on the ball defender as Monta anyway IMO.

Match-up Result = Morrow.

Azu vs Gay - Azu is as strong, if not more, as Gay. He is quicker than Jackson with better latteral movement and extremely more athletic.

Match-up Result = Evens.

Randolph vs Randolph - As above.

Biedrins vs Gasol - As above.

Which would you rather have?

Anyway, whatever.............Im being stupid of course, looking at it from a defensive point of view..............ITS ALL ABOUT THE OFFENSE AND HOW OUR AMAZINGLY EFFICIENT, BALANCED, UN-SELFISH AND WELL OILED OFFENSIVE MACHINE WILL DOMINATE THE OTHER TEAM ON THE OFFENSIVE END............THUS MAKING UP FOR THE DEFENSIVE SHORTCOMINGS!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:04 pm
Gasol is one ugly SOB
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:39 pm
down to three big men and it's only the third game... :(

I understand why they are keeping AR on the bench to start things off. if AR AND AB get into foul trouble early, we are screwed. the bulk of this game is unfortunately going to have to come from small ball, and our best lineup to do that is Azu and Jack.

this will be good in some respects, because I get to see what andris can really do. he's always over 20 minutes a game, but some how he never seems to be there when I actually take notice.

5 years in the NBA and either Don still doesn't seem to trust him during crunch time, or he's just not very good

and by the way Bigs, Morrow got absolutely torched by Barbosa, and whoever he was guarding in the HOU game as well. what makes you think he can guard mayo? I'm mean yeah monta is no stud on defense, but thus far he's proven he's more likely to steal the ball than morrow.

Also I think the monta/mayo matchup is more even than you make it out to be. Their stats are almost identical @ this point, and what monta gives up in size he more than makes up for in speed. I haven't watched memphis too closely, but I don't believe Mayo is an amazing defender (Particularly since he's just a soph).
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:20 pm
BringTheThunder wrote:Gasol is one ugly SOB

Pau and Marc... Spanish wonder twins, UNITE!

Pau: "Form of - giant heroin addict!"
Marc: "Form of - scruffy homeless stoner!"

First Off: "Form of - Jenna's Tampon.... and now I play the waiting game..."
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLrkw2KRjgs[/youtube]
that's right. in german. I like the way the german guy says Tamppoouuon sounds like he's getting off on it. them germans is kinky
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 am
Nelson adds lineup twist to juggling act
Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stephen Jackson says he's sporting a recently chiseled 240-pound frame. He has four new tattoos, with a yet-to-be disclosed fifth one on the way.

With the fresh body and fresh ink, why not try a fresh position?

"At this point, we need to try anything to get us going and get us on a positive note," Jackson said Tuesday. "If that means going small and having more of an offensive team, and it works, then that's what we need."

Jackson got Chinese characters representing honor and loyalty tattooed on his neck this week and two Bible scriptures inked on his chest. His bigger change is that he will start for the Warriors at power forward tonight, when they host Memphis and try to gyrate a season that started by spinning in the wrong direction.

With Ronny Turiaf (left knee) hurting and Anthony Randolph struggling, coach Don Nelson is turning to his third starting lineup in three games. Jackson moves to the "4," Kelenna Azubuike makes his first start at small forward, and the other three starters (Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry) remain.

In starting 0-2 against a tired Houston team and an aging Phoenix squad, the Warriors went through lapses when they didn't look for fast-break points and even longer stretches when they didn't pass in half-court sets.

"You can see how stagnant we are and how that kills the offensive momentum," Curry said. "We've got a lot of talented players who can make one-on-one plays, but we have to pick and choose our spots and be willing to pass when we don't have a good shot."

Nelson is hoping that starting Azubuike will space the floor and playing Jackson, who consistently makes the right passes, at power forward will alleviate some of the troubles. The theory, however, also introduces a possible problem with rebounding.

"Rebounding is an issue anyway, so I don't know how much worse we're going to be by going smaller," Nelson said.

"We'll see," Jackson said. "We have to be able to rebound. It's going to be difficult because they are pretty big guys, so we're going to have to do a great job of team rebounding."

Nelson said the move to the smaller lineup was predicated partly because of Turiaf's injury, but the coach also believes that the switch could spark the team. The Warriors had competitive practices Sunday and Monday, and seemed enlivened by something.

"We've definitely been working hard, but I don't know that it has anything to do with the lineup switch," Curry said. "If players need that to get motivated, I think we've got a problem.

"Losing should be enough to get us motivated."

-- The Warriors play three of their next four at home - all against 2008-09 lottery teams - before heading on a five-game road trip that concludes with games at Cleveland and Boston.

"We need to start playing, and we need to win some games," Nelson said.

"Once you go east, you're playing against good teams and loud crowds," Curry said. "You don't want to try to turn your season around out there."
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 am
"Rebounding is an issue anyway, so I don't know how much worse we're going to be by going smaller," Nelson said.

Fvck you Nelson... that's your answer for everything... go small.

"We've definitely been working hard, but I don't know that it has anything to do with the lineup switch," Curry said. "If players need that to get motivated, I think we've got a problem.

"Losing should be enough to get us motivated."

I like this kid more and more!!

:D
Last edited by Money on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:29 am
The combo of Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol will have about 30 points and 30 boards...warriors lose again.
Nothing good comes easily...
Next

Return to Game Threads