Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Warriors 2009-10-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors win the home opener?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 am

YES
12
86%
NO
2
14%
 
Total votes : 14

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:29 pm
fine wrote:
rizon wrote:can anyone verify that randolph's "injury" played a part in him only getting crap PT like it was last year all over again??


We can never be absolutely positive, but if it's worth anything I think it's a legit injury and they were just being cautious tonight. :wink:


Yeah, it was some back injury I think? They were being "cautious." But he looked good tonight, it didn't look like it was bothering him. But Bucher was right on his twitter when he noticed that the Warriors were doing well with him in, and then once he was taken out, the Warriors lost the lead.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 pm
Magette was horrific and turiaf was awful in the 4th duruing the comback with 2 missed free throws and 2 missed shots.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 pm
If we can have

Curry
Monta
Randolph
Turiaf
Biedrins

or

Curry
Monta
Jackson
Randolph
Biedrins

then I think we can be a pretty solid team. Curry reminds me of CP3.

Rookie
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:30 am
Location: Nor Cal
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:48 am
Maggette should be on top of the trade list before SJAX.

Everytime he got the ball it was like a 1 man team. He took so many dumb shots and shooting looked just as dumb. :x

Rookie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:40 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:51 am
I think the rockets shot lights out 3's cause they were all open....same old defense too me...

Curry had a damn good game though...

All I can say is defense defense defense...but Nelly is our coach :banghead:
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 am
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:03 am
- maggette is a team killer. not a mystery that he hasn't won much in his career. he hurts teams more than he helps them...ballhogs on offense, no defense. really can't stand how he yells "hey!!" everytime someone breathes on him.
- morrow, ellis, and maggette left the 3pt shot open all night and the Rockets drained them. they aren't very good defensively, so only one should be on the court at a time.
- add curry to the untouchable list. kid is the ball distributer this team has lacked.
- probably would've won if Randolph started.
- it's embarassing losing to a team basically filled with role players who are without yao, ron ron, and tmac.
- hey don nelson, what's up with biedrins playing so little in the 2nd half and maggette not getting benched after jacking up bad shots?
- woohoo CJ Watson and George didn't play!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:40 am
And so it begins..................... :roll:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:00 am
its only 1 loss...

but we shouldve won that game...

*up by 10 at the half
*houston missing their 2 top players
*home court adv.
:banghead:

why the F cant we play defense? "someone put a hand in arizas FN face!!!"

maggette needs to start taking it to the hoop more often and he needs to just stop with the jumpers ( 3-14 )... how come you only got to the line 4 times all game?

andris didnt show up... 31 mins 8 pts 5 rebs 3 turnovers

ronny turiaf had some nice blks but he didnt show up... 26 mins 4 pts 6 rebs 3 blks 2 turnovers

jackson needs to hand over his mins to azubuike !!pronto!!
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:04 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:07 am
KC wrote:its only 1 loss...

but we shouldve won that game...

*up by 10 at the half
*houston missing their 2 top players
*home court adv.
:banghead:

why the F cant we play defense? "someone put a hand in arizas FN face!!!"

maggette needs to start taking it to the hoop more often and he needs to just stop with the jumpers ( 3-14 )... how come you only got to the line 4 times all game?

andris didnt show up... 31 mins 8 pts 5 rebs 3 turnovers

ronny turiaf had some nice blks but he didnt show up... 26 mins 4 pts 6 rebs 3 blks 2 turnovers

jackson needs to hand over his mins to azubuike !!pronto!!


biedrins looked awful out there. he can't guard a singly big man in this league if they are determined. considering last year, unless he shows significant improvement this year, i think its safe to say he's reached his ceiling and not worth his contract. and WTF is up with him missing layins all the time?? you're 7'0" feet tall! dunk the ****ing thing
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:19 am
the 2nd half was terrible, the Dubs must have missed 10+ layups. it looked like there was a lid on the bucket. Maggette was terrible, Biedrins and Turiaf looked really good in the first half and sucked hard in the 2nd half. Randolph should have played more, but he didnt look that great, he is going to get himself hurt bad, he just jumps around all the time and when he is coming down, he looks like even he doesnt know where he is going to land. Jack was decent, he tried to do too much late in the game, but its hard to blame him because nothing was working for the Dubs. Monta was awesome in the first half as well, then that jumper stopped hitting. His dunk in the first half was amazing, I didnt think there was any way he was going to make it to the rim. the one thing that could have won this game was Curry getting 20 shots in the 2nd half and the Rockets maybe missing a shot in the 3rd Quarter.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Evansville, AR
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:58 am
rockyBeli wrote:- maggette is a team killer. not a mystery that he hasn't won much in his career. he hurts teams more than he helps them...ballhogs on offense, no defense. really can't stand how he yells "hey!!" everytime someone breathes on him.
- morrow, ellis, and maggette left the 3pt shot open all night and the Rockets drained them. they aren't very good defensively, so only one should be on the court at a time.
- add curry to the untouchable list. kid is the ball distributer this team has lacked.
- probably would've won if Randolph started.
- it's embarassing losing to a team basically filled with role players who are without yao, ron ron, and tmac.
- hey don nelson, what's up with biedrins playing so little in the 2nd half and maggette not getting benched after jacking up bad shots?
- woohoo CJ Watson and George didn't play!


LOT OF DUMB SHOTS ACROSS THE BOARD. POROUS DEFENSE BUT LIVE WITH THAT IF THEY PRODUCE GAMBLING STEALS. DIDN'T SEE THE LINE ON TO'S BUT HAD TO'VE BEEN UNGODLY. IF THEY ELIMINATE A FEW OF THOSE AND DRIVE AND KICK A LITTLE MORE INSTEAD OF THROWING UP SOME SITH (ELLIS, MAGGETTE) OR TRYING TO DISH TO A GUY INSIDE WITH 3 PEOPLE AROUND HIM, THEY CAN PULL OFF SOME WINS. NEED TO UTILIZE OUR 3-SHOOTERS. AGREE W/ ASSESSMENT OF MAGGETTE ALTHOUGH HE AT LEAST IS HUSTLING A LITTLE OR DID HE ONLY DIVE FOR THAT BALL IN THE 1ST HALF BECAUSE HE WAS ABOUT TO TRIP OVER THAT ROCKETS PLAYER??
VERY PLEASED W/ CURRY.
DRIVE & KICK FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:40 am
Location: Hollywood
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:18 pm
AR made a huge difference in the limited minutes he played last night. We NEED him to be healthy for this team to be successful. His presence inside on defense allows our guards to actually play up on the 3 pt shooters and what not.


AR + SC + Monta = the franchise.

Also, morrow needs more shots. need to see more of him before he's untouchable
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:25 pm
Trade Jack for anyone who will make people think three times before coming in the paint.

Monta can blend just fine with this young crew. Maybe even lead, if he gets away from Jack and gets his head on straight.

Magette needs his role explained to him again.

In the first half, they showed a lot of intensity on defense, and got a lot of points off steals/fastbreaks. Let's hope they keep that up for four quarters.

Why did our team look tired? We're the team that runs.. and they just came off a back to back..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Posts: 3078
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:50 pm
This loss I blame on coaching-

1.When AR was in the game he not only blocked shots, but most importantly he altered many other. He seemed healthy enough so why did he not play the second half, there is a needed explanation for that.

2. 3rd quarter the Rockets had a game plan, we did not. Why not call a time-out and re-group, they knew there butter was Scola and we had no answer for him.

3. Am not sure who was on Ariza, but come the Fuk on, I like Ariza's game, it would have been smart to game plan on stopping it. No T-Mac or Yao, so game-plan for Ariza and Scola, duh. This will be a recurring theme throught the season, post players having monster games against us, and good but not excellent wings having career nights.

4. Maggs at the 4, horrible idea. Small-ball horrible idea.

5. The key is ball movement, 2nd half saw alot of Iso, that ended in forced shoots.

6. Coaching needs to tell players when your shots not falling find other ways to contribute, passing, defense, oh passing. If not take them out let them know there damn role.

Nellie as our coach it will be a very long season. Just basic coaching principles and adjustments damn, its not that hard.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:08 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:This loss I blame on coaching-

1.When AR was in the game he not only blocked shots, but most importantly he altered many other. He seemed healthy enough so why did he not play the second half, there is a needed explanation for that.

2. 3rd quarter the Rockets had a game plan, we did not. Why not call a time-out and re-group, they knew there butter was Scola and we had no answer for him.

3. Am not sure who was on Ariza, but come the Fuk on, I like Ariza's game, it would have been smart to game plan on stopping it. No T-Mac or Yao, so game-plan for Ariza and Scola, duh. This will be a recurring theme throught the season, post players having monster games against us, and good but not excellent wings having career nights.

4. Maggs at the 4, horrible idea. Small-ball horrible idea.

5. The key is ball movement, 2nd half saw alot of Iso, that ended in forced shoots.

6. Coaching needs to tell players when your shots not falling find other ways to contribute, passing, defense, oh passing. If not take them out let them know there damn role.

Nellie as our coach it will be a very long season. Just basic coaching principles and adjustments damn, its not that hard.


cosign.... sigh...

:banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest