Game Thread: Pre-season Warriors @ Lakers 10-07-2009

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which member of Run RMC will have the best game vs the Lakers?

Randolph
2
29%
Morrow
3
43%
Curry
2
29%
 
Total votes : 7


Role Player
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:34 pm
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:33 pm
I swear, Don Nelson just forgets how long a players been in. 40+ mins for AR
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 pm
wow that was painful...

anyone notice how the Fakers pressed on just about every inbound?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Lakers are a better team, we knew that, that's why they won the championship and the Warriors were near the bottom of the nba. It is about how the team is organised/run/coached and put simple, Lakers have it done well, Warriors have it done not well (real polite of me). The team isn't healthy right now either, we can say that and it is a factor, it can be stated.

AR played too much and had the ball in his hands alot, from what I saw and the live stream was choppy for me. It was just preseason and guys like Law playe a fair bit, that likely won't happen in the regular season
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:03 pm
Missed the second half but it didn't sound too good. the way you gotta look at is Lakers switched out one player for a better version of the same player. everyone else is the same.

we have 5 pgs to evaluate among many other things. Randolph is seeing heavy mins cause I think Nelson wants to see what he can do against real competition night in, night out. Turiaf's out (albeit probably only temporarily), Wrights out, so I think Nelson wants to preserve Andris for the games that matter. that's why, even when Pau was going to town on Pruit, he did nothing.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:07 pm
first off wrote:Missed the second half but it didn't sound too good. the way you gotta look at is Lakers switched out one player for a better version of the same player. everyone else is the same.

we have 5 pgs to evaluate among many other things. Randolph is seeing heavy mins cause I think Nelson wants to see what he can do against real competition night in, night out. Turiaf's out (albeit probably only temporarily), Wrights out, so I think Nelson wants to preserve Andris for the games that matter. that's why, even when Pau was going to town on Pruit, he did nothing.



One thing about Pau Gasol is that he's one skinny shiit. You see guys like Bynum and Artest on the Lakers, black and muscular and then you see Gasol's thin white frame and you think, what are the other's eating that he isn't :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:56 pm
Awesome...............the injury list grows. :roll:

Another season of blaming the injuries, when actually its just a disgracefully put togther and utilised team.

Anyone else get the feeling that the reason we get injuries is because of that? because alot of guys are playing out of position, or at best against their natural way/style of playing.............so they are stretched and in their heads too much.

Also, I think motivation, happiness and mindset comes into play alot with physical ailments.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:30 am
I wouldnt be surprised if Monta's "injury" was because he just didnt see the need to play in a meaningful pre-season game. Im sure he doesnt want to risk injury playing in a game that wont count in the win/loss collum come the 23rd.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 am
migya wrote:
first off wrote:Missed the second half but it didn't sound too good. the way you gotta look at is Lakers switched out one player for a better version of the same player. everyone else is the same.

we have 5 pgs to evaluate among many other things. Randolph is seeing heavy mins cause I think Nelson wants to see what he can do against real competition night in, night out. Turiaf's out (albeit probably only temporarily), Wrights out, so I think Nelson wants to preserve Andris for the games that matter. that's why, even when Pau was going to town on Pruit, he did nothing.



One thing about Pau Gasol is that he's one skinny shiit. You see guys like Bynum and Artest on the Lakers, black and muscular and then you see Gasol's thin white frame and you think, what are the other's eating that he isn't :mrgreen:


you don't have to be a 300 pound pro weight lifter to be a good center or power forward. just look at... oh I don't know, the greatest center in the game: tim duncan.

he's only 260 and even I have more muscle tone than he does.

and nobody come to me about "dwight howard is the best", it's just not true.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 am
bigstrads wrote:Awesome...............the injury list grows. :roll:

Another season of blaming the injuries, when actually its just a disgracefully put togther and utilised team.

Anyone else get the feeling that the reason we get injuries is because of that? because alot of guys are playing out of position, or at best against their natural way/style of playing.............so they are stretched and in their heads too much.

Also, I think motivation, happiness and mindset comes into play alot with physical ailments.


yes
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron