Game Thread: Pre-season Warriors @ Lakers 10-07-2009

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which member of Run RMC will have the best game vs the Lakers?

Randolph
29%
Morrow
43%
Curry
29%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:11 pm
Golden State Warriors (1 - 0) @ Los Angeles Lakers (0 - 0)

Start time: 7PM PST @ LA Forum, Inglewood, CA
online TV (possibly): http://atdhe.net/9516/watch-golden-state-vs-los-angeles-lakers

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:

C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Anthony Randolph
SF - Stephen Jackson
SG - Kelenna Azubuike
PG - Monta Ellis

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Lakers:

C - Andrew Bynum
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Ron Artest
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Derek Fisher

Team leaders:
PPG - A. Morrow (21) | N/A
RPG - K. Azubuike (10) | N/A
APG - S. Curry (9) | N/A
SPG - S. Curry (5) | N/A
BPG - A. Randolph (3) | N/A
Last edited by first off on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 pm
Looking at both starting lineups, the team can be said to be as talented as the Lakers.Monta much better than Fisher, Kobe likewise than Azu, but really to the same degree as Monta over Fisher, SJack and Artest about the same, Biedrins and Bynum about the same and AR and Gasol, talent wise, about the same.

Coaching and organsation is everything :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:45 pm
migya wrote:Looking at both starting lineups, the team can be said to be as talented as the Lakers.:

lol ya reckon?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 pm
migya wrote:Looking at both starting lineups, the team can be said to be as talented as the Lakers.Monta much better than Fisher, Kobe likewise than Azu, but really to the same degree as Monta over Fisher, SJack and Artest about the same, Biedrins and Bynum about the same and AR and Gasol, talent wise, about the same.

Coaching and organsation is everything :wink:

mmmm.... I don't know dude.

Gasol may be "Gasoft" at times, but that Spaniard's definetly got more game than randolph (as of right now).

and also:
Kobe - Azu >>> Monta - Fischer

I agree about Artest and Jack, and Bynum and Andris (maybe Andris has a slight advantage having more pro years under his belt). both of these match ups will be interesting to watch err listen to.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:55 pm
As much as I dispise the Fakers.............these comments of how our line-up is anywhere talent equal................are f*cking hillarious! (thank, you, I needed a laugh this morning) Image

The gap between Kobe and Azu isnt enough to make up for 2 Azu's playing against Kobe..............seriously?

Jackson over Artest!!! really?.................no, REALLY?..............Artest is better defensively by atleast 17 miles, is a more reliable scorer and I would even go so far as to say he is a better passer (percentage wise)

Randolph and Gasol.................lol..............well, Gasol is soft as sh*te but overall talent right now, Gasol will make Randolph's teary eyed frustration look he he always has, actually be the case.

Bynum and Beans................again, I have to laugh.............I mean Bynum has something which I think we may have forgotton what looks like, or perhaps the words themselves = A BACK TO THE BASKET GAME!..............aswell a developing jumpshot and range outside of 2 feet. Plus, hes a better shot blocker, hes bigger and hes stronger.

Monta and Fisher..............well, Monta can score the ball in a more varied ways and will have a much more positive impact offensively than Fisher. However, the camparison between defense is enough to cancel that out.
Overall.............ohh yeah, one more thing...............the Fakers actually have a lineup/roster than makes sense and fits together!!!

So even if the wildly optimistic and just plain biased "observations" Miggy and whoever else just made were anywhere close to being true..............they would still be a better team because of how there lineup is balanced and put together.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:06 am
well said James.... lol

true though...

I just hope Azu bugs the crap out of Kobe on defense, like he did last year.
He didn't shut him down but he did better that most could guarding Kobe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:21 am
bigstrads wrote:As much as I dispise the Fakers.............these comments of how our line-up is anywhere talent equal................are f*cking hillarious! (thank, you, I needed a laugh this morning) Image

The gap between Kobe and Azu isnt enough to make up for 2 Azu's playing against Kobe..............seriously?

Jackson over Artest!!! really?.................no, REALLY?..............Artest is better defensively by atleast 17 miles, is a more reliable scorer and I would even go so far as to say he is a better passer (percentage wise)

Randolph and Gasol.................lol..............well, Gasol is soft as sh*te but overall talent right now, Gasol will make Randolph's teary eyed frustration look he he always has, actually be the case.

Bynum and Beans................again, I have to laugh.............I mean Bynum has something which I think we may have forgotton what looks like, or perhaps the words themselves = A BACK TO THE BASKET GAME!..............aswell a developing jumpshot and range outside of 2 feet. Plus, hes a better shot blocker, hes bigger and hes stronger.

Monta and Fisher..............well, Monta can score the ball in a more varied ways and will have a much more positive impact offensively than Fisher. However, the camparison between defense is enough to cancel that out.
Overall.............ohh yeah, one more thing...............the Fakers actually have a lineup/roster than makes sense and fits together!!!

So even if the wildly optimistic and just plain biased "observations" Miggy and whoever else just made were anywhere close to being true..............they would still be a better team because of how there lineup is balanced and put together.

To Migs credit he did say "about even" not Jackson over Artest. with a good supporting cast around him, I think Artest has the better mental game. From the last I've seen of either, Artest was more of a ball hog and more of a volume shooter than Jack (relatively).
Artest has weight and power on his side, and like you said, more D.
Provided he isn't PG and he doesn't try to drive through three people and score (which he did do less of last year), I'd say Jak has more all around O-game (actually shoot less often than artest and had a higher FG% last year believe it or not).

You think Bynum is that much better? he does have two all-stars around him (one of those being kobe bryant). Last year AB had Corey Maggette as his supporting PF and Stephen Jackson as his PG...

Bynum's got the weight (~280 to ~240) and way better O game.
Andris has the speed, is more careful with the ball (very few TO's and very high FG% up until last year... prob has relatively better handles too), and goes harder night in night out.

both have good hands, both are young, both can rebound play good weak side D. Andris has 5 years xp as was picked 11th. Bynum was picked 10th 4 years ago. Both had no college experience and were picked in their teens. both have the same initials (a very important match up factor).

I think bynum will turn into a go-to guy as he gains more xp, where as Andris may just become a super dirty work player. for right now however, I'd say it's a pretty fun match up to watch... err listen. which reminds me, this is going to be on KNBR right?????

Definitely feel ya on the "more balanced and put together" aspect. they won the finals, we were eliminated from playoff contention in (I think) February. the reason for this difference isn't JUST down to talent. Lakers are an expensive handcrafted swiss watch, from FO down to the last man on the bench. Warriors are like a cheap plastic sports watch from a McDonalds happy meal... that someone ran over with a truck.

enough ass kissing, GO WARRIORS!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:57 am
if anyone here would not trade Artest for Jackson, please raise your hand

*crickets*
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:17 am
bigstrads wrote:As much as I dispise the Fakers.............these comments of how our line-up is anywhere talent equal................are f*cking hillarious! (thank, you, I needed a laugh this morning) Image

Firstly, I ended with saying that team organisation means everything, referring to Lakers having proper organisation as a franchise and Warriors having near complete disorganisation.

Your comparisons, player to player, are stretched and I'm being polite saying that.

As far as TALENT goes, what I said was true. Talent wise (think of the definition of that) AR and Gasol are even, maybe AR better. Kobe is incredible, but Azu is not a scrub anymore and I think the difference between Kobe and Azu, and Monta and Fisher, is not that much different. I can see Monta go off on Fisher almost as much as Kobe can go off on Azu. SJack and Artest is even, as SJack has produced the last couple of years at least, Artest has been where? Nowhere to be seen as real star that's for sure. Talented Artest is, but if you want to talk what he does on the court, he has left alot to be desired the last couple of seasons, SJack not so. Biedrins and Bynum, well I give to Biedrins as Bynum rebounds and blocks shots, doesn't score much and can't get it together. On talent, give it to Bynum, but pick which direction you want to go, talent or production.

Point is the team has talent and no organisation, so they lose, not win like the Lakers

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:58 am
migya wrote:As far as TALENT goes, what I said was true. Talent wise (think of the definition of that) AR and Gasol are even, maybe AR better.

Come on, buddy. That's ridiculous. The best we can say is that Randolph has Gasol's level of talent, but he's raw and undeveloped. You can rely on Gasol to win a game, but Randolph still ain't ready to carry his team.

I do think AR can become that kind of player, maybe even beter than Pau, but he's still a couple of years away.

migya wrote:Kobe is incredible, but Azu is not a scrub anymore and I think the difference between Kobe and Azu, and Monta and Fisher, is not that much different. I can see Monta go off on Fisher almost as much as Kobe can go off on Azu.

Eh... Kobe is one of the top 3 players of the NBA. Azu is a good role player that might start for a few teams in the league.

As for Monta and Fisher... well, Monta can score at will against Fisher and most guards in the league, but can't do much more. Fisher just plays a role. Of course there's a difference, but you can't put Monta at Kobe's level and say both matchups end up being even.

migya wrote:SJack and Artest is even, as SJack has produced the last couple of years at least, Artest has been where? Nowhere to be seen as real star that's for sure. Talented Artest is, but if you want to talk what he does on the court, he has left alot to be desired the last couple of seasons, SJack not so.

Eh... Jackson had free way to do whatever he f*ck he wanted to do on the court. Artest played within a system. Their stats cannot be compared.

Also, Artest is the best defender in the NBA, by far, while Jackson is just ok. He looks much better than he really is because nobody else on our roster plays any D.

migya wrote:Biedrins and Bynum, well I give to Biedrins as Bynum rebounds and blocks shots, doesn't score much and can't get it together. On talent, give it to Bynum, but pick which direction you want to go, talent or production.

I might be one of the few that would go with Biedrins above Bynum... Just not that impressed with Bynum. It's true that his role ain't a feature one in the Lakers, but he's missed A LOT of time injured and has only showed flashes here and there. Biedrins has been a lot more consistent, even tho his offensive game is much, much worse.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:18 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:As far as TALENT goes, what I said was true. Talent wise (think of the definition of that) AR and Gasol are even, maybe AR better.

Come on, buddy. That's ridiculous. The best we can say is that Randolph has Gasol's level of talent, but he's raw and undeveloped. You can rely on Gasol to win a game, but Randolph still ain't ready to carry his team.

I do think AR can become that kind of player, maybe even beter than Pau, but he's still a couple of years away.

Gasol took many years to be what can be called superstar like, as he still isn't one. Before that, he was allstar caliber and SOFT, still is really. I never thought of Gasol as anywhere near the level of the elite PFs, like Duncan. KG, Dirk, Brand, even Webber back in the Kings. AR has much more "talent" and that is pretty much obvious. For right now, Gasol is much more established and productive, I don't dispute that, as AR is totally unproven and has everything to show

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Kobe is incredible, but Azu is not a scrub anymore and I think the difference between Kobe and Azu, and Monta and Fisher, is not that much different. I can see Monta go off on Fisher almost as much as Kobe can go off on Azu.

Eh... Kobe is one of the top 3 players of the NBA. Azu is a good role player that might start for a few teams in the league.

As for Monta and Fisher... well, Monta can score at will against Fisher and most guards in the league, but can't do much more. Fisher just plays a role. Of course there's a difference, but you can't put Monta at Kobe's level and say both matchups end up being even.

As I said, the difference to what Kobe would do against Azu and Monta against Fisher would not be that different. Monta, when healthy like he was before last season, is capable of scoring more than most players in the nba, not as much as Kobe but more than most. Azu can score and create, Fisher is just a role player now, playing decent defense and nothing more

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:SJack and Artest is even, as SJack has produced the last couple of years at least, Artest has been where? Nowhere to be seen as real star that's for sure. Talented Artest is, but if you want to talk what he does on the court, he has left alot to be desired the last couple of seasons, SJack not so.

Eh... Jackson had free way to do whatever he f*ck he wanted to do on the court. Artest played within a system. Their stats cannot be compared.

Also, Artest is the best defender in the NBA, by far, while Jackson is just ok. He looks much better than he really is because nobody else on our roster plays any D.

True that sJack was allowed to do what he wanted, but Artest had alot of allowances to perform well in houston and was not that great at all. Defensively Artest plays well when he wants, SJack as well, as we've seen from both players. I really don't like either and both turn up when they want. Look for Artest to probably be big this season

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Biedrins and Bynum, well I give to Biedrins as Bynum rebounds and blocks shots, doesn't score much and can't get it together. On talent, give it to Bynum, but pick which direction you want to go, talent or production.

I might be one of the few that would go with Biedrins above Bynum... Just not that impressed with Bynum. It's true that his role ain't a feature one in the Lakers, but he's missed A LOT of time injured and has only showed flashes here and there. Biedrins has been a lot more consistent, even tho his offensive game is much, much worse.

Talent, Bynum more than Biedrins, don't think you can conclude otherwise, but right now, Biedrins performs better and fits in his team better. Neither is a star and likely neither will be

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:50 am
The game is going to be shown on here live:

http://atdhe.net/9516/watch-golden-stat ... les-lakers.

Now you guys can continue fighting.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 am
metalface wrote:The game is going to be shown on here live:

Sweet! Thanks MF! :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:52 am

Thanks!!! You're the best!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:40 pm
Jackattack wrote:

Sweet! Thanks MF! :mrgreen:

as I automatically said out loud when I read this "Oh F#ck Yeah"

although sometimes these links don't work. people set them up ahead of time and then realize it's not being broadcast
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Next

Return to Game Threads