YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 2

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:41 pm
huge game from CJ. Career highs all over the place.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:30 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
first off wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote: Maggette is a black hole that is incapable of passing

Maggs makes more assists per game than Azu. how come maggs gets all the crap?

1.8 vs. 1.6 although Azu fills a "catch and shoot" role on the team, where Mags fills a leadership role. In the last 5 games where Azu has been in Mags' position he's averaged almost 3 per game.

Not to mention that Azubuike has less turnovers per game and does other things on the court that makes his presence felt. Maggette stands around, waits for the ball and shoots it or turns it over, then barely even bothers to cross half court to play defense.

Dudet, he easily leads our team in offensive charges. when there was a tough defensive cover at the 4, it was usually Jax or Maggs guarding them over Azu,Wright, or Randolph. Azu's had some sweet blocks this year, but he hasn't really defined himself as a defensive stopper.
Maggs also leads Azu in rebounds per 48mins and is second behind AB in Rpg.

yes hes been averaging almost 3 assists per game... but lets look at the AMOUNT OF TIME azu has been on the floor the last 5 games:

nor - 38mins
@sac - the whole game
min - 44mins
hou - the whole game
@Uth - 36min (although he only had 1 assist)

no matter how you look at it, per 48 mins, per game, total, Maggs has more... in points, rebounds, and assists (with a less time on the floor)
I think once Maggs gets to gel with the team a bit more(he's played ~half a season with us - Azu's been here for 3 years), you will see him be more than just a foul raking machine. I'd like to see Azu come off the bench and give a burst, not maggs.
doesn't mean Azu is horrible, I just see him like I see turiaf. I'd rather have the best 5 players start, than have an equal 1st and 2nd team. Their best 5 in plays our mediocre 1st team in the fourth and we give away a late game lead right before the final buzzer. I'm tired of seeing that, it's not good for my (or your) health

YES he's contract is too big, and yes he had an awful, selfish, ball-hogging, poor-shooting start to the season. But with no clear leader on the team, a nagging hamstring, and a coach that was basically saying "show me what you got maggs" I think you guys are hatin' on him a bit much. He's a great rebounder for his size, sacrifices his body a ton, can rack up fouls like nobody else, can run the floor pretty well, and has a pretty good mid-range shot.

I think maggs, with the guidance of Jack and Monta can be a great starter
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:56 pm
Sorry, if you think Azu hasn't established himself as a defensive player then you're not watching the game. He is our second best defender after Jack and usually draws the toughest assignment every night (Kobe, LeBron, etc.).
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:40 pm
Damn I missed this game. :banghead: :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:52 pm
On the subject of Azu v Maggette - Azu all the way! Maggette is paid much more and that alone is more than enough to keep Azu over him if that were the situation

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:01 pm
I find both to be the same type of player... both are great 6th men. They're better off the bench. Although, I truly believe Azu is a better starter than Maggette.

Azu beats Maggs on defense. Maggs has probably one of the largest muscle-to-flop ratio in the league. Azu does not flop as much, if ever.

Honestly, I find Azu to be there better all-around player. Maggs is just a better scorer, that's all. IMO, at least.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:06 am
xbay wrote:I find both to be the same type of player... both are great 6th men. They're better off the bench. Although, I truly believe Azu is a better starter than Maggette.

Azu beats Maggs on defense. Maggs has probably one of the largest muscle-to-flop ratio in the league. Azu does not flop as much, if ever.

Honestly, I find Azu to be there better all-around player. Maggs is just a better scorer, that's all. IMO, at least.

Not to mention age, Azu is already better than Maggette and he's way younger than him, with lots of room to grow.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:29 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
xbay wrote:I find both to be the same type of player... both are great 6th men. They're better off the bench. Although, I truly believe Azu is a better starter than Maggette.

Not to mention age, Azu is already better than Maggette and he's way younger than him, with lots of room to grow.

triple agree. buke is learning how to draw fouls... by screaming.

at least maggs was useful for something.
Previous

Return to Game Threads