Game Thread: Dallas Mavericks @ Warriors 2009-03-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors put up a fight against the Mavericks?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 pm

YES
63%
NO
38%

Total votes : 8

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 am
I hope both AR and Wright can stay healty the rest of the season so we get a nice preview of what that kind of length in the frontcourt can do for us!
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:45 am
first off wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Nice nice game, I really like not having Maggette.

Double Doubles for Jack and Monta

Wright and AR had great nights and Turiaf definitely sucked it up. If only we had AB.

woah Capn, for someone who's preaching against scapegoat-ism you sure are going back on your words.

Not having Maggs is the reason we won this game? that's bull. We won because we played well. we won because we steped up in the rebounding department, and we had like half as many turnover as we normally do.

If Wright and Randolph can hold down the PF pos, we can sub jackson for Maggs (SF for SF) and get him some much needed rest. It was obvious Jackson slowed down a little in the second half. I don't know if that would happen if he got more rest in the 2nd qtr.

And the reason we played well was because we shared the ball. Maggette is incapable of sharing the ball, sure he can score points, but we don't need a scorer we need someone to play on the team. I'm not blaming all of our losing on Maggette (which would be using him as a scapegoat), however his style of basketball does not lend itself to success and when he's in the game other players around him start to play his style of basketball.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:45 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
first off wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Nice nice game, I really like not having Maggette.

Double Doubles for Jack and Monta

Wright and AR had great nights and Turiaf definitely sucked it up. If only we had AB.

woah Capn, for someone who's preaching against scapegoat-ism you sure are going back on your words.

Not having Maggs is the reason we won this game? that's bull. We won because we played well. we won because we steped up in the rebounding department, and we had like half as many turnover as we normally do.

If Wright and Randolph can hold down the PF pos, we can sub jackson for Maggs (SF for SF) and get him some much needed rest. It was obvious Jackson slowed down a little in the second half. I don't know if that would happen if he got more rest in the 2nd qtr.

And the reason we played well was because we shared the ball. Maggette is incapable of sharing the ball, sure he can score points, but we don't need a scorer we need someone to play on the team. I'm not blaming all of our losing on Maggette (which would be using him as a scapegoat), however his style of basketball does not lend itself to success and when he's in the game other players around him start to play his style of basketball.

we had 23 assists, that's nothing new. most games are somewhere between 20 and 25. I will admit maggs should f'ing pass the ball once in a while, 'cause that's just clear as day - but we clearly won because we out rebounded the other team. it was nice having Brandan and Monta back!

Maggs is far from a cancer. He is the most efficient scorer we have; He gets the other team in foul trouble, which helps our players rest in the second half; and he wears out SFs that guard him cause of his strength. He's a SF/tall SG, his basic job is to score and rebound. and he does both pretty well.

All I'm saying is I think the team would preform best if Jax would sub out for Maggs, and then come back in for maggs (which has yet too happen consistently). Don is reluctant to take Jax out because there is no offensive flow unless he's in the game (in don's mind). if Monta can lead the team while Jax is out, Maggs subbing for Jax will make both players and the team as a whole, much better.

I'd like to see this happen:
first team:
Monta
Jamal
Jax
BW
AB

Second team:
Beli or Monta
Azu or Watson
Maggs
AR