Game Thread: Warriors @ Detroit Pistons 2009-03-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors put up a fight against the struggling Pistons?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 pm

YES
14%
NO
86%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:43 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:Lol, you guys should read up on what you're talking about before you spew crap out of your ignorant mouths (keyboards).

If you had WATCHED the broadcast, they explained why we had so few players.

Jack has the flu. AB is out for personal reasons. Azu has his back, Maggs has a knee injury (I think that is what it was). And we all know about Monta and Wright's injuries. I think that accounts for everyone that was out. If not just say so and I'll see if I can remember/figure out why they were out...

Oh, and Turiaf and Randolph were playing through injuries (Ronny's knee and AR's groin).

We had SIX healthy players. This is not Nellie's fault. It's bad luck (and arguably poor conditioning)...

Well some of us are full time students, and workers that don't have the luxury of doing a thorough pregame check-up. I checked yahoo sports which had Monta as the only injured warrior, and even mentioned Jax playing. Also there was no link for for the game, so was in the dark. I think you should think before you, spew crap out of your ignorant mouths (keyboards).

But thnx for the run-down.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 pm
FYI I'm a full-time student and I miss a lot on TV. When that happens, I *ask* for updates rather than make rash assumptions. And that wasn't directed at you specifically; it was directed at the entire group of people who would sooner formulate opinions with no knowledge of the situation than bother to ask for news.

I totally understand not being able to keep up with everything that goes on; I have a lot of trouble in that sense. But that doesn't mean you just make assumptions and use them to bash people you don't like.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:55 pm
Team is tanking, good stuff, now the only thing needed is some proper moves (new coach, get rid of Crawford and Maggette, even SJackson, new management; pick two of that list)

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:10 pm
Its tough with school and work to keep up, especially when both get busy. I guess i got mis-informed by yahoo sports, go read their preview of the game and roster, i went of their information so i guess we can blame yahoo for this one, plus there was no link for the game. Am gonna have to send yahoo an email to complain haha. :mrgreen:

Can't believe the sudden injuries though, warriors had no choice but to play the scrubs makes sense now.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:12 pm
migya wrote:Team is tanking, good stuff, now the only thing needed is some proper moves (new coach, get rid of Crawford and Maggette, even SJackson, new management; pick two of that list)

I pick New coach, Crawford, and new management, wait thats 3, infact i say all 4.. :mrgreen:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 pm
Didn't catch much of the game but with so many guys out I would have thought we'd be blown out by 40 or so. When did the Pistons start playing the scrubs?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:19 am
migya wrote:Team is tanking, good stuff, now the only thing needed is some proper moves (new coach, get rid of Crawford and Maggette, even SJackson, new management; pick two of that list)

Not going to happen. Fans want it to, but Cohan could care less.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:16 am
the biggest thing about this game was that young guys were thrown just to kill the game minutes - there was nothing resembling basketball on the court, no plays, no, well, nothing, individual one on one bad type slow mother ****ing bullshit. you can not grow players like that. of course, nelson had no chance knowing about the injuries just before the game and blah blah, but at least minimal plays should be there. detroit's second unit had plays and movement, warriors - 0. ugly and pathetic.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Previous

Return to Game Threads