Game Thread: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Warriors 2009-02-21

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors make a trade by deadline?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:05 pm

YES
29%
NO
71%

Total votes : 7

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:11 pm
first off wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:One of the deepest bench in the league, this going to be a good win, nice use of the bench.

i concur

although Crawford and jackson still play way too much. once wright and AB are back, it'd be nice to see their minutes drop off.

Word, the bench can Defiantly be maximized more, resting Crawford and S-Jax is key, the subs don't drop-off much talent wise, and imagine Wright and Beans are out, like Rick Flair would say "whoooooooo", too deep, its all on Nelly though. Today's use of the bench was a good sign.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:32 pm
Win, baby win! :headbang:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:28 am
You guys missed one of the best halftime show ever, full grown adults doing Jazzercise.

Nice win tonight and a fun game.

Best part of the game is when CJ was shooting his free throw at the end of the game (3 pt play) Jack was in the backcourt pacing and screaming at himself, he even pantomimed shooting himself in the head. I have no clue why he was so mad at himself, but it was kinda funny.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 am
It really was a great game to watch. I just watched it on the DVR with my dad about an hour ago. The defense was terrible early on(70% for the Thunder!), but the Warriors D picked up as the game went on.

Watson and Azubuike were HUGE for them towards the end.

Jackson... hated him for the stupid turnovers, but loved him for the positives he brought.

Monta... you can see him inching closer and closer to full form. Even though there aren't any inside shot blockers for the Thunder to keep guys like Monta out, you still could see the old Monta getting to the rim as smooth as he used to.

Randolph... :D . He had his mistakes, just like any other 19 year old should, but he provided good energy tonight. What I've really noticed about him, is that, whether it be a positive or negative for him on a play, he's always putting in 110% every play. If he gets beat on defense or rebounded over, you still see him put him tough effort on that play. Still, he tends to think too much, which causes him to make mistakes. Other times, he's not even thinking at all. So he's learning, and I'll take that.

Oh, and I CANNOT forget to talk about the block Turiaf had on Westbrook. Westbrook had that ally from Watson off the backboard and got Turiaf in the air before getting fouled. Then, it was the play when Westbrook came from the baseline side and tried to dunk it down. But guess who was protecting the rim at the time. Yes, Ronny motherf*cking Turiaf was. That block was awesome. The Warriors ended up running it off for a score and then the Thunder called a timeout. Before they did though, Ronny ran back down the court and jumped in the air in excitement and was all smiles. Gotta love Ronny.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:10 pm
xbay wrote:It really was a great game to watch. I just watched it on the DVR with my dad about an hour ago. The defense was terrible early on(70% for the Thunder!), but the Warriors D picked up as the game went on.

Jackson... hated him for the stupid turnovers, but loved him for the positives he brought.

Monta... you can see him inching closer and closer to full form. Even though there aren't any inside shot blockers for the Thunder to keep guys like Monta out, you still could see the old Monta getting to the rim as smooth as he used to.

Randolph... :D . He had his mistakes, just like any other 19 year old should, but he provided good energy tonight. What I've really noticed about him, is that, whether it be a positive or negative for him on a play, he's always putting in 110% every play. If he gets beat on defense or rebounded over, you still see him put him tough effort on that play. Still, he tends to think too much, which causes him to make mistakes. Other times, he's not even thinking at all. So he's learning, and I'll take that.

Oh, and I CANNOT forget to talk about the block Turiaf had on Westbrook. Westbrook had that ally from Watson off the backboard and got Turiaf in the air before getting fouled. Then, it was the play when Westbrook came from the baseline side and tried to dunk it down. But guess who was protecting the rim at the time. Yes, Ronny motherf*cking Turiaf was. That block was awesome. The Warriors ended up running it off for a score and then the Thunder called a timeout. Before they did though, Ronny ran back down the court and jumped in the air in excitement and was all smiles. Gotta love Ronny.

i agree with your takes xbay on last nights game. buike and watson are guys who shoot lights out from 3 who make clutch shots and take pressure off guys like monta. unsung heroes for sure. too bad jack doesnt seem relieved he leads the league in turnovers. granted, he has had alot on his plate this year. he's a #3 option on a championship contender. shows how far we still have to go.

randolph looks like with a bit more composure and work on his stroke, is going to be a really good player. these are the players we need. tough, quick, lenghty, strong players who are athletic enough to run the floor and defend. hopefully wright continues to get stronger and develope as well.

turiaf is exactly what the warriors needed. he's coming along offensively too, hitting that outside jumper consistently.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 pm
major woot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:22 pm
xbay wrote:It really was a great game to watch. I just watched it on the DVR with my dad about an hour ago. The defense was terrible early on(70% for the Thunder!), but the Warriors D picked up as the game went on.

My biggest concern is how many times can he throw himself into a chair like he did last night before he ruptures his spleen? I don't know what you guys could see on the TV coverage, but he slammed himself into a chair on the baseline because he was completely out of control. This was directly after he had thrown himself on the floor at the other end diving for the ball. Going 110% can be good, but there's a point where you're a suicide bomber and everyone's just hoping you don't take out yourself and everyone on the floor with you. Other than that, I think it was very similar to the Lakers game, he played really well for most of the game and just got a little too crazy late.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:30 am
Here are the pictures I took at the game. I didn't take too many 'cause it's hard to watch the game when I'm taking pictures. Thanks Hobbes for the seats!

[/img]Image

And Durant's totally awesome shoes

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 am
Honestly, I'm really getting tired of Jackson's sulking. It's so predictable, too. Even if the ref got the right call, Jax ALWAYS has to go over and argue regardless of what is going on in the game (such as the Warriors trying to play defense 4 on 5).

There was one point in this game where he argued with the ref and didn't even try to go back on D, and then for the next two plays on offense he stood there in the corner with a mopey face like he was a six year old that just got his ice cream taken away. Nellie needs to PULL him when this happens. He's a major detriment to the team.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:54 am
JayPat wrote:Honestly, I'm really getting tired of Jackson's sulking. It's so predictable, too. Even if the ref got the right call, Jax ALWAYS has to go over and argue regardless of what is going on in the game (such as the Warriors trying to play defense 4 on 5).

There was one point in this game where he argued with the ref and didn't even try to go back on D, and then for the next two plays on offense he stood there in the corner with a mopey face like he was a six year old that just got his ice cream taken away. Nellie needs to PULL him when this happens. He's a major detriment to the team.

right on man, that fvckin' pisses me off. esp when we can't put a team like the thunder away. how many time did we kill our ten point lead with stupid turnovers and general unfocused play? that type of shiit just kills us because they usually score on a 4 on 5 and then jax usually doesn't make a good offensive decision the next time down.

I get the feeling that sometimes, he does that not because he really cares about the call, he does it because he needs a breather and doesn't want to run back. Nelson should send him out or set him straight.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:25 am
from those picture, i like the one whre randolph has a ARGHHHH expression while dunking and weaver/veawer (?) has just this 'because i got high' smile :mrgreen: :D
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:50 am
martin wrote:from those picture, i like the one whre randolph has a ARGHHHH expression while dunking and weaver/veawer (?) has just this 'because i got high' smile :mrgreen: :D

Ha ha, that was my favorite part too.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:51 am
Captain_Jack wrote:

My biggest concern is how many times can he throw himself into a chair like he did last night before he ruptures his spleen? I don't know what you guys could see on the TV coverage, but he slammed himself into a chair on the baseline because he was completely out of control. This was directly after he had thrown himself on the floor at the other end diving for the ball. Going 110% can be good, but there's a point where you're a suicide bomber and everyone's just hoping you don't take out yourself and everyone on the floor with you. Other than that, I think it was very similar to the Lakers game, he played really well for most of the game and just got a little too crazy late.

I saw that too, he ran into a red head that seemed to grab his butt.
I had to rewind my friend's tivo to make sure it wasn't you. :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:25 am
Cap is a ' PINCHER ' not sure about the grabbing thing.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:30 pm
Jackattack wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:

I saw that too, he ran into a red head that seemed to grab his butt.
I had to rewind my friend's tivo to make sure it wasn't you. :wink:

Ha ha gross, he's a baby! I was on the other side of the court though, I thought he was dead cause he hit the chair and the just didn't move for like 10 seconds.

I am so not a pincher Joel! Hannah is lying!
Previous

Return to Game Threads