Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Warriors 2009-02-10

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Will the Warriors beat the Knicks?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 pm

46%
YES
6
54%
NO
7

Total votes: 13

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 pm
Had to beat the Knicks. Lose to pretty much everyone else but beat those losers.

SJackson should still not be playing that much and Randolph did so much in such limited time. It just doesn't make sense
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:21 pm
Nice, sounds like a good win. Looking forward to dloading the game and watching it in slow mo so i can analyse it from every angle since I don't live in the Bay (like a true, knowledgeable fan) ;)



What are the shoes they were rockin?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21969
» Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:52 pm
Quazza wrote:Nice, sounds like a good win. Looking forward to dloading the game and watching it in slow mo so i can analyse it from every angle since I don't live in the Bay (like a true, knowledgeable fan) ;)



:mrgreen:

I might have to download it twice
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1087
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:26 am
I was in house for this. Really glad I got to see Randolph play. Plus, the booing everytime Harrington touched the ball was like music to my ears.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:27 am
I got to watch the game as it played live. I'd tell you guys my opinion, but I don't wanna spoil it for anybody 2 months later when their torrent finishes downloading. :wink:

Role Player
Posts: 246
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:46 am
I was at the game...

I loved the way the crowd treated Harrington.

And watching it live is SO MUCH different from watching it on TV. I actually appreciated what Stack Jack was able to do tonight. On TV I kind of get annoyed at the way the rotation works and who doesn't/does get playing time. When you watch it live, its hard to overanalyze things.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 am
32 wrote:I got to watch the game as it played live. I'd tell you guys my opinion, but I don't wanna spoil it for anybody 2 months later when their torrent finishes downloading. :wink:



haha

in all seriousness mate, how did AR play?
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:53 am
Quazza wrote:
32 wrote:I got to watch the game as it played live. I'd tell you guys my opinion, but I don't wanna spoil it for anybody 2 months later when their torrent finishes downloading. :wink:



haha

in all seriousness mate, how did AR play?

Controlled, yet aggressive, would be the best way to describe it. He stayed within himself for the most part; collecting lots of rebounds, defending the paint, and getting easy buckets inside. The rookie mistakes were there (he tried to start the break himself on a rebound and got picked by Nate Robinson from behind), but he showed a lot of good stuff tonight. A couple of the fouls he got called for on Harrington looked like clean blocks to me. Overall, a very strong showing. If Anthony keeps it up, his playing time should steadily increase... but we all know Nellie, so we'll see how it goes. :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:13 am
32 wrote:
Quazza wrote:
32 wrote:I got to watch the game as it played live. I'd tell you guys my opinion, but I don't wanna spoil it for anybody 2 months later when their torrent finishes downloading. :wink:



haha

in all seriousness mate, how did AR play?

Controlled, yet aggressive, would be the best way to describe it. He stayed within himself for the most part; collecting lots of rebounds, defending the paint, and getting easy buckets inside. The rookie mistakes were there (he tried to start the break himself on a rebound and got picked by Nate Robinson from behind), but he showed a lot of good stuff tonight. A couple of the fouls he got called for on Harrington looked like clean blocks to me. Overall, a very strong showing. If Anthony keeps it up, his playing time should steadily increase... but we all know Nellie, so we'll see how it goes. :wink:


Nice, sounds good. But like you said, It's that Nellie factor isn't it? I really think with consistent minutes (even just 10-15 a game) the kid could really contribute
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 100
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:25 am
chinchilla13 wrote:I was at the game...

I loved the way the crowd treated Harrington.



Come on now, that was completely low class behavior. I expect better out of our fanbase. I always assumed Warriors fans were a little more classy than your average NBA watchers, but apparently not. It has to be obvious at this point that Harrington was absolutely justified demanding a trade. If you don't believe Nelly was holding that guy back, based on the way he almost always played him as a perimeter 3-point shooter, then I don't know what to say. Al's game obviously extends way past how Nelly game planned (if you can call it that) for him. The guy is finally starting to come up in the league, and many classless (not all) dubs fans were booing him. Seriously, to hell with those people. Fans who really understood and analyzed Al during his tenure with this team have to at least be somewhat happy with his overdue emergence this year.

I'm sure I'll get labeled as a traitorous punk for this post, but at least let it be said that I was rooting for the dubs the entire game and was stoked that they put up 144 tonight. I just don't get all the hate towards Al, a guy that was sorely underutilized and misused in our system by the current coaching staff. :bday:

Role Player
Posts: 288
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:42 am
32 wrote: If Anthony keeps it up, his playing time should steadily increase... but we all know Nellie, so we'll see how it goes. :wink:


He'll probably be sitting the next few games as a reward for playing well knowing Nelson.

Another nice win for the W's. Been playing well the past few games. Can't wait to see how everything goes when Beans, Wright, and Bellinelli comes back, though that does screw up our draft position if we keep winning.

All Star
Posts: 1096
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:24 am
J-Pinnacle wrote:
chinchilla13 wrote:I was at the game...

I loved the way the crowd treated Harrington.



Come on now, that was completely low class behavior. I expect better out of our fanbase. I always assumed Warriors fans were a little more classy than your average NBA watchers, but apparently not. It has to be obvious at this point that Harrington was absolutely justified demanding a trade. If you don't believe Nelly was holding that guy back, based on the way he almost always played him as a perimeter 3-point shooter, then I don't know what to say. Al's game obviously extends way past how Nelly game planned (if you can call it that) for him. The guy is finally starting to come up in the league, and many classless (not all) dubs fans were booing him. Seriously, to hell with those people. Fans who really understood and analyzed Al during his tenure with this team have to at least be somewhat happy with his overdue emergence this year.

I'm sure I'll get labeled as a traitorous punk for this post, but at least let it be said that I was rooting for the dubs the entire game and was stoked that they put up 144 tonight. I just don't get all the hate towards Al, a guy that was sorely underutilized and misused in our system by the current coaching staff. :bday:


so should we cheer for Dunleavy too when he comes?

How is it Nelly's fault this guy is useless.

Harrington doesn't pass the ball.. doesn't rebound,... he does nothing a pf should do.

the only thing he could do in Nellie's system was shoot the 3s.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 100
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:24 pm
saintdee wrote:
so should we cheer for Dunleavy too when he comes?

How is it Nelly's fault this guy is useless.

Harrington doesn't pass the ball.. doesn't rebound,... he does nothing a pf should do.

the only thing he could do in Nellie's system was shoot the 3s.


That's my point. Nellie limited him to just shooting threes. He's way more effective with his inside game.

21.9 ppg is far from useless.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:58 pm
bad feeling about this one but can't quite put my finger on why. I've noticed Oden is starting to play pretty well though. 17, 10 and 6blocks the other night
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:12 am
Quazza wrote:bad feeling about this one but can't quite put my finger on why. I've noticed Oden is starting to play pretty well though. 17, 10 and 6blocks the other night


Wow..........Quaz? can I use your time travel device??? and also the one that puts Gre Oden on the Knicks. :wink:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests