Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2009-02-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors get a win against the Spurs at home?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 10

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 pm
has stephen jackson something left for the fourth? and ginobili?
that is the question
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:31 pm
it looks like crawford is going to be CJ's backup :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:02 pm
wow out of all people to get the last shot... Jackson at the top of the key to try to drive at the end... horrible horrible

it should have been ellis or mags simple as that
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Should've never given it to Jack in the first place... Anyone could have predicted that (see the chat room convo...). IMO CJ should have gotten the ball there.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:06 pm
**** jackson, by your stupid decision it seems to be ending in monta's ankle :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:13 pm
a referee,a jackson, an ankle and a loss :? :cry: :x
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:20 pm
This game reaffirms just about everything I've said lately about the team...

Oh, and it strengthens my loathing for Ginobli. Can someone come up with a clever and demeaning nickname for him so I can relish giving him a bit of abuse next time we play SA?
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 pm
I am now convinced that Manu Ginobili is the biggest flopper in the game.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:26 pm
Uhm... I'm sorry to hop on the bandwagon like all the others, but this one was OBVIOUSLY Nellie's fault. JC plays nearly ALL game, has a total of 2 points, plays terrible defense, while Morrow and AR sit the bench the ENTIRE game. I mean, W T F.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:32 pm
i missed the game :(

any reason why Biedrins didn't reach 30 minutes, but Kurt Thomas seemed to have a big role for the spurs?? were we really using 5 guards/forwards vs two big guys???
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 pm
so uh what was JC's stat line 47 minutes 4 points? good thing we didnt play morrow or AR, they could have hurt us
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:40 am
Went to the game and I'm going to be honest, sitting in the 100s is totally worth the money. You may not think so because of the price, but they have better, faster service, and their bar is cleaner and has a nice ambiance to it. Still... me and my dad didn't pay for the tickets. My uncle gave them to us since he couldn't go. So, free $195 tickets are pretty good tickets. :mrgreen:

Anyways, the game was well played. Despite the major buzz kill in overtime, it was a great, entertaining game. We're talking about the San Antonio Spurs here. They're suppose to own us with their team. Yet, we held the role players in check and kept them away from the three. Turiaf played WONDERFUL defense on Duncan after he exploded in the first quarter.

Things I didn't understand were Coach Pops playing small against us. It made no sense. Our small line up is way better than theirs... and it showed. But one thing Nelson did do right was reserving Turiaf for Duncan. If Timmy wasn't in, Turiaf wasn't either. Another thing I didn't understand was why Crawford was in the game. He was not on his game tonight, EVER. Nelson still stuck with him despite Crawford doing absolutely NOTHING on offense. And if he's not lighting it up, he's a huge liability on defense. Nelson should of played Morrow if he wanted to have a shooter in over Crawford.

Overall, for the whole regulation, the Warriors outplayed the Spurs. Ginobili's acting SAVED the Spurs. That was a TERRIBLE call. He went Hollywood, kicked his feet out and flopped. Turiaf did not foul him at all. Still, great and entertaining game. I'll take it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:47 am
I said it many times nearing the end of the game, Morrow in for JC probably would've given us the win, I would bet money on that. Actually, if it were possible to go back and kick Nellie in the nuts and get Morrow in for the 4th I'd bet $100 we woulda won it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:51 am
I don't think that would have made much sense, regardless of whether it would have worked (which is something you can't say for certain). Morrow was "cold" (as Captain Jack said in the chat) -- that is, he had not seen any PT all night. Throwing him out there in a pressure situation would have been extremely risky.

Of course, Morrow should have seen the court earlier in the game anyway. Crawford was just not there... Although, for the record, Crawford wasn't really harming the team either... He wasn't turning the ball over or giving up easy baskets on defense.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:57 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:I don't think that would have made much sense, regardless of whether it would have worked (which is something you can't say for certain). Morrow was "cold" (as Captain Jack said in the chat) -- that is, he had not seen any PT all night. Throwing him out there in a pressure situation would have been extremely risky.

Of course, Morrow should have seen the court earlier in the game anyway. Crawford was just not there... Although, for the record, Crawford wasn't really harming the team either... He wasn't turning the ball over or giving up easy baskets on defense.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Crawford's a huge liability on defense. Also, I loved what Monta and Azubuike were doing to Parker on defense. Picking his pocket and blocking his lay ups at the last second.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads