Game Thread: San Antonio Spurs @ Warriors 2009-02-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors get a win against the Spurs at home?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 10

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:55 pm
San Antonio Spurs (32 - 14) @ Golden State Warriors (15 - 33)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area (Also available in HD)

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Ronny Turiaf
SF - Stephen Jackson
SG - Monta Ellis
PG - Jamal Crawford

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Kurt Thomas
PF - Tim Duncan
SF - Michael Finley
SG - Roger Mason
PG - Tony Parker

Team leaders:
PPG - C. Maggette (19.7) | T. Duncan (20.6)
RPG - A. Biedrins (12.0) | T. Duncan (10.4)
APG - S. Jackson (6.9) | T. Parker (6.5)
SPG - S. Jackson (1.5) | M. Ginobili (1.4)
BPG - R. Turiaf (2.1) | T. Duncan (1.8)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:43 am
Belinelli back for this one
i would love to see him play some more
Belinelli the new ginobli?
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:28 am
it's the old people vs the toddlers
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:15 pm
Let the beat down ensue.
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:27 pm
I always fret when we play the Spurs. Their fundamentals usually destroy us
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm
Quazza wrote:I always fret when we play the Spurs. Their fundamentals usually destroy us and bore us to death
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:23 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:
Quazza wrote:I always fret when we play the Spurs. Their fundamentals usually destroy us and bore us to death

I'll take boring and playoff bound every year, 7 days a week

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:24 pm
Turiaf and Beans starting whats gotten into Nelly- the dumbarse, just now noticing that playing 2 big men actually helps wow no way, he deserves coach of the year for that. On another not if they get into foul trouble, who will back them up- The need for another center showing its important head.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:07 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Turiaf and Beans starting whats gotten into Nelly- the dumbarse, just now noticing that playing 2 big men actually helps wow no way, he deserves coach of the year for that. On another not if they get into foul trouble, who will back them up- The need for another center showing its important head.

My thinking exactly. Turiaf is our power forward. He has maybe the best mid range J on the team so he can certainly stretch the D a little. Not to mention he's a natural power forward. With goose in there, Turiaf can be the aggressive shot blocker that he is without having to worry about taking the only rebounder on the floor (himself) out of the play.

That's why a true 7-footer backup center should be the first item on the agenda in next years draft.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:53 pm
David Wood wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Turiaf and Beans starting whats gotten into Nelly- the dumbarse, just now noticing that playing 2 big men actually helps wow no way, he deserves coach of the year for that. On another not if they get into foul trouble, who will back them up- The need for another center showing its important head.

My thinking exactly. Turiaf is our power forward. He has maybe the best mid range J on the team so he can certainly stretch the D a little. Not to mention he's a natural power forward. With goose in there, Turiaf can be the aggressive shot blocker that he is without having to worry about taking the only rebounder on the floor (himself) out of the play.

That's why a true 7-footer backup center should be the first item on the agenda in next years draft.

No thanks... I'll take a legit PG, or a PF who can contend with Wright for minutes, over a back-up C with our first round pick.

I wouldn't mind looking at a polished C with our second round pick; we'll be able to nab a solid back-up in the early second (Jerome Jordan from Tulsa?). This would be wise because Jordan is not much of a "project" like several of the big men we've taken in the past few years. He is a solid contributor on both sides (60%FG, 9.2RPG, 14.4PPG, 2.6BPG). That's the kind of guy I'd trust to spell AB at Center, which would allow Turiaf to spell Wright and then we could play Randolph at his more natural position, as a SF with a focus on interior play.

Also, I'd look to shop S-Jax and Crawford. Ideally, we'd clear up cap space, bring in a legit PG (Hinrich?) and look to draft a defensive-minded SF (Aminu from Wake Forest).

Hinrich / Watson
Ellis / Belinelli / Morrow
Aminu / Maggette / Randolph
Wright / Turiaf
Biedrins / Jordan

With a different coach, this line-up has the potential to tear it up. It's a very solid all-around line-up with more focus on defense and rebounding than our current line-up, but still packed with potent offensive weapons. Also, a lot of youth, but few question marks / developmental players. The only problem is that Azubuike is in the middle of nowhere in this line-up. :| The way I see it, he, Morrow, and Randolph would all be fighting for spare minutes assuming the other guys play the way I expect them to.

I doubt I'll get what I want here, but honestly none of these desires are very far-fetched. Trading Crawford for Hinrich, as 32 has pointed out, is not only possible, but downright reasonable. At the pace we're at, Aminu and Jordan are slated to be picked right around where we will be in each respective round. (That is, if we have a second-round pick -- do we?)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:34 pm

He's trying to get them both to foul out early so he can go small the rest of the game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:35 pm
http://albaaa.altervista.org/watch.php?id=105
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:37 pm
Join the chat room MFers!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:39 pm
o_O I totally didn't realize the game was going on right now. :oops:

Joining the chat now, lol.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:41 pm
Right now the season has gone to hell, I just want Monta to get to full health and we can try again next year
Next

Return to Game Threads