Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2009-01-30

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat a Hornets team without Chandler and West?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:26 pm

YES
28%
NO
72%

Total votes : 18

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 am
I'm watching the replay on ESPN and did I just hear Hubie Brown call Marco Bellinelli... Marco Bee-lee-knee-lee?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:11 am
how the hell did the hornets shoot 37 %
dont say its are defense
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:13 am
fine wrote:role player jack is a nice jack.

well put man.

I do think hornets did more to lose this game then we did to win it, but hell I will take it.

Game ball goes to Turiaf, if he was not on this team we would have been crushed.

honorable mention goes to Maggette, as he pretty much carried us in the 4th. it takes real focus to have such a great final 12 mins after a shiity first 36. he did great work on the boards too.

I know maggs is more built than Jackson or Crawford, but how is that he is the only one out of the three that actually jumps for rebounds? crawford is 6'5 with long arms, and Jackson is 6'8"... wtf guys - GO UP AND GRAB THE FVCKING THING!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:08 am
Let's see what happen's next game when we are not on national T.V.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 am
thoughts about the game...

* Great win (even if they had two important players missing from the lineup). Really a step forward to win against a good team on the road.

* Huge make by crawford with 18 seconds left. I am not his biggest fan but he is one of the few warriors that can get a good look by himself at the end of games.

* Nice to see Turiaf play a bit more. He played great d on West and was a huge factor in this game.

* I like Nelson kind of backing off on the Monta at point thing. Maybe once he gets back full strength he will be better but I have always seen him as a full time 2 not a point and I think Crawford is better suited than Monta at the point.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:05 am
bada wrote:thoughts about the game...

* Great win (even if they had two important players missing from the lineup). Really a step forward to win against a good team on the road.

* Huge make by crawford with 18 seconds left. I am not his biggest fan but he is one of the few warriors that can get a good look by himself at the end of games.

* Nice to see Turiaf play a bit more. He played great d on West and was a huge factor in this game.

* I like Nelson kind of backing off on the Monta at point thing. Maybe once he gets back full strength he will be better but I have always seen him as a full time 2 not a point and I think Crawford is better suited than Monta at the point.

nice post...I too, think that Craw is better at the 1 and Monta at the 2, but the real problem is the sporadic black hole that is Stephen Jackson. They both defer to him, and the ball motion freezes with him much of the time, while he waits for his neurons to fire and decide whether he should shoot or drive...or shoot or drive or (wait! there's Monta under the basket, I remember that kid. he is pretty damn good, not as good as me, but pretty damn good, and there's only 3 hornets between him and me, and I think I can thread that needle and, oh damn! Hey ref, **** you, I got fouled, I got fouled on that, you can't T me up, I am Stephen motherfucking Jackson, you cocksucker. I am the poor man's Scottie Pippen, Kobe with some gangsta tude, I'll pop a cap in your ass, ***** referee, where's my gat at?) :drinking:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:00 pm
coltraning wrote:

nice post...I too, think that Craw is better at the 1 and Monta at the 2, but the real problem is the sporadic black hole that is Stephen Jackson. They both defer to him, and the ball motion freezes with him much of the time, while he waits for his neurons to fire and decide whether he should shoot or drive...or shoot or drive or (wait! there's Monta under the basket, I remember that kid. he is pretty damn good, not as good as me, but pretty damn good, and there's only 3 hornets between him and me, and I think I can thread that needle and, oh damn! Hey ref, **** you, I got fouled, I got fouled on that, you can't T me up, I am Stephen motherfucking Jackson, you cocksucker. I am the poor man's Scottie Pippen, Kobe with some gangsta tude, I'll pop a cap in your ass, ***** referee, where's my gat at?) :drinking:

You know that is EXACTLY what goes through his head too...ha ha I laughed out loud reading that.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 pm
coltraning wrote:

thats probably the abridged version. :mrgreen:

I get the feeling like he would be yelling all of this in his head, kinda like Samuel L. Jackson.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOAnoi7NpKI[/youtube]
:mrgreen:
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:07 am
coltraning wrote:

lmao. awesome
Previous

Return to Game Threads