Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2009-01-28

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What will be the outcome against the Mavs?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:21 pm

WIN
50%
LOSS
50%

Total votes : 20

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:30 pm
well we havent won in dallas for a long time. so is anyone really surprised? we've been blownout out of dallas ever since the we believe team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:30 pm
Keep it up boys, another loss closer to a top 5 pick

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 pm
ugggh...ly
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:37 pm
THIZZ wrote:only good thing all night was listening to Gundy dump on Nelson and rowell almost the entire game

amen

why don't we get van gundy to help keith smart in the defense. They can make a espn nba special! gundy taking on the challenge of teaching D to nellie ballers. i bet it'd be a laugh if they talked about this during one of our games... but gundy will probably say- I ain't touching that with a 10 foot pole.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:33 am
I was working out at the gym and wanted to watch so I asked the people that work there to change the channel on the TVs... I almost felt embarrassed to like such an awful team.

I could barely watch, I mean, mavs had 69pts in the first half!

That small ball is ridiculous, we are just getting owned inside.

that said, I wouldn't judge too harshly, this is the FIRST time we have seen the big four go to work together.

the Monta+Crawford back court failed it's first test (Albeit a hard on-the-road test).

hopefully they learned something during this game.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:13 am
lol "the big 4"

has there ever been a more ironic tag

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:36 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
GSW2006 wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Monta is not anywhere near the player he was before. Not saying he won't get there, but he is FAR FAR FAR from having the speed and elevation that he had before. I still think he came back too soon.

him being 100% athletically will not magically give him court vision/passing ability, leadership qualities, and defensive awareness. this is a wait and see process, but he has never really shown PG or defensive qualities in his game. pretty sad that our best passer is someone who not too long ago was a daily DNP.

I wasn't talking to you because I really have nothing to say to someone who is so ignorant as to want Baron over Monta.

I was making a general observation.

I wasn't aware you weren't responding to my comment, but wow, have you ever even played basketball? How is it ignorant to choose a clearly better, more needed player? We have 3-4 guys on this team with Monta's skills, so he would've been easily replaced, yet no one has the complete package of skills and intagibles Baron brought. Monta has youth but Baron is not all that old. Even if Monta does reach his potential, he will never be the level of PG that Baron was for this team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:21 am
Quazza wrote:lol "the big 4"

has there ever been a more ironic tag

Yea and two of them were miserable in this game

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:39 am
If the excuse for this one is that we suck so bad against Dallas in Dallas (which is what Ive seen 5+ people say).............

Then how come I can remember this =

1 - Us beating them there in 04-05 (with the other one being a loss in OT)

2 - Winning 3 out of 4 in 05-06, including BOTH game in Dallas, on 2 seperate game winners from Baron and J-Rich.

3 - 06-07, taking all 3 regular season games, including one in Dallas............then the playoffs, do I really need to? well for the bandwagoners I will = we won the series 4-2, taking the KEY game one in Dallas.

Jesus...........Dallas souns like a real handful to us huh? even before Nelson got here, before Monta came along, whilst we had Dung and Murph, we beat Dallas in Dallas plenty.

So NO, "Ohh its Dallas in Dallas" isnt an excuse Im affraid.............probably from now, Dallas in Dallas WILL be the excuse, because we have a sh*t team with no heart and no ability to play any kind of team basketball.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:12 am
:cry: :drinking:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:44 pm
In think we can conclude everything we need to about the "big 4" and the rest of the team from this one game. No more needs to be said, written, and esp. let's not watch any games the rest of the year. We can rest easy, based on the one game in Dallas, that we know exactly what this team can do. QED
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:34 pm
Nice to see at least one rational person still left, colt :mrgreen:

e: Well, maybe two... I look forward to seeing 32's next post in one of these threads. :)
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:04 pm
D4rk 0ne wrote:Nice to see at least one rational person still left, colt :mrgreen:

e: Well, maybe two... I look forward to seeing 32's next post in one of these threads. :)

Its hard to wade through all the posts after a bad performance by the dubs, but when they win and guys like Crawford and Maggs play well this place is a ghost town.

Played poker last night and luckily stayed in long enough to miss the whole game after the first quarter. It looked in the first like it was going to be ugly and appears it stayed that way. Its hard to look past the early performance of this team and see the egg they laid last night and not think the sky is falling, but last night was really the closest thing to a complete starting lineup that the Dubs have sported all season. When BWright comes back, the team will finally have all of the contributors back....sorry Marco lovers, he probably will not be playing like he was before the injury now that Monta is back. Given a healthy rotation and a coach willing to make substitutions, we should still be in for an exciting second half of the season.

Lets not put too much on this one loss.....nobody was ready to crown the Dubs after beating the Celtics.
Last edited by "Always" Next on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Ok can the warriors win if, the "big 4" are healthy. Monta, Jacks, Maggs, and Crawford. We know Nellies formular and they will be getting heavy dosage of the minutes so the team depends on them heavily. Might even see all 4 in at the same time "small ball". Yes it is early but its early and we going to have to be patient to see.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:18 pm
the was a point in the first quarter, where Dallas went on a 12-0 run, basically through Dirk and Dampier's points in the paint. So Nelly brings in Morrow

man that pissed me off
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads