Game Thread: Los Angeles Clippers @ Warriors 2009-01-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you disappointed Baron will miss his return to Oakland?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:13 pm

YES
81%
NO
19%

Total votes : 21

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:38 am
Yes, I was disapointed in AR's effort last night. He needs to bust his ass every second he is in the game.
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:10 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I really really really really like Maggette off the bench. It almost makes me not hate him.

FYI: He has taken ZERO threes tonight...that also makes me not want to hit him over the head with a 2x4.

maggs is one of the best 6th men in the league ( serious ). manu ginobili is the only player i can think of who's better coming off the bench.

will maggs be happy spending the rest of his career coming off the bench? if so he's a keeper :thumbleft:
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:01 pm
Other than Azu and Turiaf and Maggette, I thought everyone had a subpar game. Fortunately, the clippers are currently the worst team in the league (forget about the record, they are STARTING Fred Jones), because that was a godawful display of bball. The Ws tried to play down to the clippers' level, but there is only so low you can go...Randolph did not remotely help his cause tonight...

btw, Kunla, agree about Mags only Terry and Ginobili are as effective 6th men right now...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:05 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:Man, I got scared once I saw Randolph not play on Novak when he hit that three. He was somewhere in la-la land instead leaving Novak wide open. I think he told Azubuike to play him since he was on the perimeter and in return Randolph would take Azubuike's man, but Buike didn't. And once that happened, I knew Nelson was going to yell at him. And what happened? He sprung up, yelled at him, and benched him until 3 minutes left.

Overall, good win. It was expected. Bring on the Mavs.

AR also didnt box Novak out and he grabbed an offensive board, I think that was the main thing that lead to his being pulled from the game. Nellie has a really short leash with the kid, too short, but he HAS to pull rebounds when he is on the floor if he wants to stay on the floor.

Sure does. He wasn't helping his cause for more time with last night's performance. Zero energy and was very lazy on D and on the boards.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 pm
Kunlathep Chucnjit wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I really really really really like Maggette off the bench. It almost makes me not hate him.

FYI: He has taken ZERO threes tonight...that also makes me not want to hit him over the head with a 2x4.

maggs is one of the best 6th men in the league ( serious ). manu ginobili is the only player i can think of who's better coming off the bench.

will maggs be happy spending the rest of his career coming off the bench? if so he's a keeper :thumbleft:

If only we weren't paying him 50 million to come off the bench
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Kunlathep Chucnjit wrote:

If only we weren't paying him 50 million to come off the bench

the $$ is really a non issue at this point. he is signed and has produced better off the bench than in the starting role. he has produced better off the bench than any other warrior that is starting. why is everybody so hung up on whether a player starts or not? if his best role is 6th man and he is producing up to the level of his contract, how is this a bad thing? when manu is re-signed, im sure he is not going to take scrub $$ because he is a bench player.
Previous

Return to Game Threads