NO
57%

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:48 am
martin wrote:
coltraning wrote:
Masurakyris wrote:did anyone see what seemed to be lebron hopping on one foot earlier in the game[with no call]? was that actually him hopping on a foot or was i just being blind @_@

we also have to say..i'm sure everyone expected us to get blown out. gj for the warriors staying close at least..

we were at the game, screaming at the refs about that one. The dude is the greatest player in the game, but he must have traveled like at least 5 times. Nice indeed to see Monta back, Maggette is just playing like a beast. He is the best post-up player we have had since? literally will score or go to the line every time. Morrow truly has a killer shot, though no D. It was a wonderful game, and most fans yelled themselves hoarse. Lebron is easily the best player I have ever seen at a game, and I would say he and MJ are the two best who have ever played the game. One of these days, we will see a complete roster, and that, coupled with Monta's touch returning, will make a team that has to be the best and most entertaining 13-31 team ever, even that much more fun...just a truly awesome experience to be at oracle tonight. There is nothing like it.

factoid: Ws are 7 points away from being on a 6 game win streak...talk about heartbreak.

i envy you of being at the game. it was good.
and do lebron travels a lot?!
and cosign on maggette - he's being better than he is, if that makes any sense. so, kudos to him for stepping up and contracting the balck hole he was at the start of the season.
well, i assume there'll be more wins from now on, if jackson doens't try to do too much as yesterday, maggete keeps his energy high and crawford forgets how to shoot bad percentage. it was enough of monta's ugly jumpshots (in his case, we all know the reason-dude was amazing at that middlerange last year, so he gets a pass for that for the first game since being gone till november :mrgreen: )
yeah, one day i will come to see warriors play. then you'll know what is noisy :evil:

Yeah, Lebron travels on about 30% of his drives. Plants his pivot, tucks the ball under his arm like a football, and then takes two steps. Watch him in slo mo. Still, he is otherworldly good, like I have never seen live, and never on TV except for prime Jordan. really, if you put him on the warriors, we would win 70 games. Cleveland is just not a terribly talented team. I have never seen one player make a team that much better. Maybe Wilt did it in the 1960s. Maggette has become ridiculously unstoppable in the post. Monta looked very rusty, shotwise, but his hops and speed are still there. I think he and Crawford could be a good combo guard combo, cause Monta didn't look that comfortable at the point. A team with Ellis, Maggs, Crawford, Jackson, Morrow, Belli and Azu will basically be impossible to defend. Anytime the Ws have the ball at the end of the quarter, they should call a timeout and put in the lineup of Ellis, Craw, Morrow, Maggs and Jackson for the last shot.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 pm
was certainly a heartbreaker to watch and as soon as Ronnie switched to Lebron, i knew we were gone. Plenty of positives though. Monta, Maggs and Morrow and though he didn't score much I thought Biedrins played a fantastic game. He changed so many shots

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:52 pm
Quazza wrote:was certainly a heartbreaker to watch and as soon as Ronnie switched to Lebron, i knew we were gone. Plenty of positives though. Monta, Maggs and Morrow and though he didn't score much I thought Biedrins played a fantastic game. He changed so many shots

Plus he played significant minutes and didn't foul out! While still blocking shots! AB = the ****
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:14 pm
Quazza wrote:was certainly a heartbreaker to watch and as soon as Ronnie switched to Lebron, i knew we were gone. Plenty of positives though. Monta, Maggs and Morrow and though he didn't score much I thought Biedrins played a fantastic game. He changed so many shots

If he could just finish a layup he would be golden. I dont know if my expectations are higher now with Andris, but I dont remember him having so much trouble finishing in the lane last year. Is it just that he is so improved that when he misses from point blank its more dissapointing and I notice it more, or has he regressed?

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:31 pm
"Always" Next wrote:If he could just finish a layup he would be golden. I dont know if my expectations are higher now with Andris, but I dont remember him having so much trouble finishing in the lane last year. Is it just that he is so improved that when he misses from point blank its more dissapointing and I notice it more, or has he regressed?

his wrist has been bothering him recently. I don't know for how long but it really seemed to be a problem last night. Earlier in the year I had thought he improved his finishing, but recently that hasn't been the case.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:43 pm
"Always" Next wrote:

If he could just finish a layup he would be golden. I dont know if my expectations are higher now with Andris, but I dont remember him having so much trouble finishing in the lane last year. Is it just that he is so improved that when he misses from point blank its more dissapointing and I notice it more, or has he regressed?

I think that BD was better for him, in that he had a lot of giftwrapped dunks and open lay-ups. He still gets looks that 95% of the players in the league could finish, but he may need to make it from 3 feet instead of 1 now, and he seems just about incapable of finishing with contact. A lot of other ways, he is terrific, but his touch is truly atrocious.

ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:06 am
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

I think that BD was better for him, in that he had a lot of giftwrapped dunks and open lay-ups. He still gets looks that 95% of the players in the league could finish, but he may need to make it from 3 feet instead of 1 now, and he seems just about incapable of finishing with contact. A lot of other ways, he is terrific, but his touch is truly atrocious.

Yeah, BD def had something to do with AB's high FG % last season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:05 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

He also had something to do with the team winning quite a bit :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:51 pm
migya wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

o.k., just the facts here: warriors record during the Baron years:

133-126

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:27 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

o.k., just the facts here: warriors record during the Baron years:

133-126

First full season here he had Monty as coach, a complete non fit for each other. The moment the current coach took over the team started winning more, much more than they are this season and there was still injury issues with the teams of the last two seasons, Baron two seasons ago, along with a few other guys injured at times, especiallyJRich who was injured for a long period of time

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads