Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Warriors 2009-01-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the short-handed Warriors defeat the Kings?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:35 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:53 pm
aaaahhhh sad ending to such a thriller...
though i felt exited
good stuff
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:54 pm
my goodness the kings are bad. lol. no game should ever be this close with out 6 of our best players. jeez
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:54 pm
That shot was ****ing in, if he was a little closer damnit!!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:56 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:It comes to coaching- like the announcer said they are down by 3, why not foul instead of giving up the 3 point attempt..

I'm pretty sure that it comes down to youth, not coaching. They were supposed to foul, but they didn't.

The coach should have probably told them, like he should probably help them out with the inside information that you can move on the baseline after a made bucket.....Thats bad coaching
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 pm
LOL Matt Steinmetz just said Azubooty.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:58 pm
Masurakyris wrote:damnit..oh well

on a side note, every time i see 'k-mart' i want to punch him in the face

Francisco Garcia and Brad Miller too....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:00 am
Eh... Nelson did nothing wrong this game. He used his whole bench like he should of, he rode out the hot hand(Crawford and Watson). He was the one that yelled foul Martin when we had the three point lead, but no one listened. We lost because of our youth, not because of coaching. Oh... and the fact that we couldn't rebound or shoot free throws. 16 missed free throws? Pathetic.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am
I didnt watch the whole game, just the 4th through OT3, but judging by the free throw stats, it looks like that's what cost us the game.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:03 am
man, okay good job nelson screaming to foul, ill take that back, but shouldnt they have discussed that previously
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:15 am
wow...true story...my son and I had taped the game, and like the game against the pacers, it ran out with 10 seconds left and Crawford with the ball at the end of regulation. Amazingly, when we went back to watching in real time it was 1/2 way through the 2nd overtime. Really tough loss and a lot of youth and rookie mistakes, but the fact that the warriors were IN this game with Ellis, Jackson, Wright and Bellinelli out, and Biedrins, Maggette and Watson fouled out is astonishing. Both teams played with incredible heart, if not all that much defense or basketball smarts. Two stats really tell the reason the Ws couldn't quite make it.

The foul shooting discrepancy, or course, as lots of folks have noted, and the fact that the Ws were plus 23 with Biedrins, minus 25 with Turiaf, and they lost by 2 points. Plus minus is usually too tricky to fully factor, since you have no control over the other players on the floor with or against you. However, in this case, there was a 48 point plus minus swing between our two centers. I am not saying this to dog Turiaf, who is great. But it is really striking. Poor Anthony Randolph. Kid can NOT catch a break from Nelson, and Stephen Jackson's smirk and head shake when Nelson put Kurz in instead of Randolph with 30 seconds left in the 2nd overtime tells it all.

Still, I take my hat off to the severely depleted Ws (and to the Kings) for one helluvan entertaining game, and esp. to Crawford, Watson, Biedrins and Morrow...

we may never get to see this team fully healthy this year, but hopefully we will see it as is with Ellis and Jackson back - should be fun. And Nelson: For God's sake, ****ing well play Randolph!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:23 am
coltraning wrote:wow...true story...my son and I had taped the game, and like the game against the pacers, it ran out with 10 seconds left and Crawford with the ball at the end of regulation. Amazingly, when we went back to watching in real time it was 1/2 way through the 2nd overtime. Really tough loss and a lot of youth and rookie mistakes, but the fact that the warriors were IN this game with Ellis, Jackson, Wright and Bellinelli out, and Biedrins, Maggette and Watson fouled out is astonishing. Both teams played with incredible heart, if not all that much defense or basketball smarts. Two stats really tell the reason the Ws couldn't quite make it.

The foul shooting discrepancy, or course, as lots of folks have noted, and the fact that the Ws were plus 23 with Biedrins, minus 25 with Turiaf, and they lost by 2 points. Plus minus is usually too tricky to fully factor, since you have no control over the other players on the floor with or against you. However, in this case, there was a 48 point plus minus swing between our two centers. I am not saying this to dog Turiaf, who is great. But it is really striking. Poor Anthony Randolph. Kid can NOT catch a break from Nelson, and Stephen Jackson's smirk and head shake when Nelson put Kurz in instead of Randolph with 30 seconds left in the 2nd overtime tells it all.

Still, I take my hat off to the severely depleted Ws (and to the Kings) for one helluvan entertaining game, and esp. to Crawford, Watson, Biedrins and Morrow...

we may never get to see this team fully healthy this year, but hopefully we will see it as is with Ellis and Jackson back - should be fun. And Nelson: For God's sake, ****ing well play Randolph!

Well said.

People tend to forget we were playing without 4 players and once Maggette and Biedrins fouled out, only 6. And I guarantee that if Biedrins played the whole game without fouling out, we would of won. That's how good this team was playing with him in. You could see the difference with him in and Turiaf in. And you could see a HUGE difference when Randolph played. Those rebounds he grabbed in the 3rd OT were huge.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:24 am
entertaining game. was good to see ARan get those boards. we should use him for rebounding if for nothing else.

I hope we can trade this team tho. this team is so young and there mental toughness is ions below than the last 2 seasons (not surprising, we got rid of our smart experienced players - Baron, Barnes, Harrington).

It'd be a miracle if there is a deal out there where we can unload Maggette & Crawford for a star PG or PF.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:44 am
Ugliest Warriors game I've seen in the past 3 years. Neither team had any flow or rhythm to their offense. For the warriors, it was excusable, given the injuries...but why the hell did the Kings ignore Martin, Salmons, and Garcia all through the 4th and into the first OT. NO ONE wants to see beno and Miller trying to play like Stockton and Malone!!
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 am
Yeah, the LVP of this game wasnt Nelly (for once), Maggs earns that award. The fact that Turaf and Biedrens both had airballs during the game, i still would of trusted them on the line more than him. He was pathetic.

Crawfish, azu, watson, ab, ronny, all played solid. I might be missing a couple guys, i cant think of tem at the moment. Oh morrow, was decent.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:57 am
Just read a recap on the game and as usual, our opponents get a lot of praise without much mention that it took them three overtimes to win against a depleted squad.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads