Game Thread: Sacramento Kings @ Warriors 2009-01-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the short-handed Warriors defeat the Kings?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:35 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:35 pm
Sacramento Kings (9 - 29) @ Golden State Warriors (11 - 28)

Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area (Also available in HD)

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Corey Maggette
SF - Kelenna Azuibuke
SG - Jamal Crawford
PG - C.J. Watson

Probable starters for the Sacramento Kings:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Brad Miller
PF - Jason Thompson
SF - John Salmons
SG - Kevin Martin
PG - Beno Udrih

Team leaders:
PPG - C. Maggette (19.6) | K. Martin (24.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (12.1) | B. Miller (8.3)
APG - S. Jackson (6.0) | B. Udrih (4.5)
SPG - S. Jackson (1.5) | F. Garcia (1.3)
BPG - R. Turiaf (2.1) | S. Hawes (1.7)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:37 pm
Marco will start, he always has, what makes you think he won't on Wednesday? He doesn't even use his legs when he shoot, so his ankle injury won't bother him one bit.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:43 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:Marco will start, he always has, what makes you think he won't on Wednesday? He doesn't even use his legs when he shoot, so his ankle injury won't bother him one bit.

It would be hard for him to start if he cant even run. We dont even know how bad his injury is yet. He could be out for a while.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:49 pm
metalface wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:Marco will start, he always has, what makes you think he won't on Wednesday? He doesn't even use his legs when he shoot, so his ankle injury won't bother him one bit.

It would be hard for him to start if he cant even run. We dont even know how bad his injury is yet. He could be out for a while.

Well might as well say this season is over then... Marco is what keeps me from watching the Warriors every time, I don't know if the Warriors would be as fun to watch without him :|
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:20 pm
blockbuster

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:36 am
we might win, but either way k-mart is going to torch us.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:40 am
Quazza wrote:blockbuster

:mrgreen:

Definately a battle, possibly for the #1 pick in the following draft

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:31 am
migya wrote:

Nah, we are going to f*ck that up aswell of course............and end up with a stupid useless 8-10 pick, which we will waste on a big man that Nelson wont play.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:50 am
They'll be on the back end of a back2back, but still, i just cant see us winning.....ugh that sucks to say...
even with another player down (Belli), ya think Nelson will still somehow find away to hold AR to under 10 minutes?
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:48 am
AR will get more minutes in this game. Nellie is out of options.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:02 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Nah, we are going to f*ck that up aswell of course............and end up with a stupid useless 8-10 pick, which we will waste on a big man that Nelson wont play.

Marco and Randolph were both picked up in that range. You don't need a top draft pick to nab a great player, and having a top pick doesn't guarantee success. Besides, picking in the 7-10 range means we get a legit talent without having to pay anywhere near as much as we would if we were picking in the top 3 overall.

Not to mention picking a bit later (10-14 range) would probably mean our young squad will have developed substantially and our core line up of guys like Monta and AB (and hopefully Wright, Marco, and Randolph) will have formed a cohesive unit capable of winning games.

I'd rather be picking around there and get a second tier talent for less money (and less risk) if it means the young guys are coming along.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:19 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:

Marco and Randolph were both picked up in that range. You don't need a top draft pick to nab a great player, and having a top pick doesn't guarantee success. Besides, picking in the 7-10 range means we get a legit talent without having to pay anywhere near as much as we would if we were picking in the top 3 overall.

Not to mention picking a bit later (10-14 range) would probably mean our young squad will have developed substantially and our core line up of guys like Monta and AB (and hopefully Wright, Marco, and Randolph) will have formed a cohesive unit capable of winning games.

I'd rather be picking around there and get a second tier talent for less money (and less risk) if it means the young guys are coming along.

But the young guys aren't developing are they :wink:

I'd much rather a top 3 pick as then maybe Nelson would start him, almost have to, and at least one young guy gets to get minutes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 am
migya wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:Marco and Randolph were both picked up in that range. You don't need a top draft pick to nab a great player, and having a top pick doesn't guarantee success. Besides, picking in the 7-10 range means we get a legit talent without having to pay anywhere near as much as we would if we were picking in the top 3 overall.

I'd much rather a top 3 pick as then maybe Nelson would start him, almost have to, and at least one young guy gets to get minutes

He's been playing them more recently. The injuries to Marco and Brandan are quite unfortunate, but both have been playing well and getting more minutes because of it. Now, with them out -- and after having shown how valuable they can be to the team -- we are guaranteed to see Randolph in extended time as well. If he plays consistently well and improves in some of his problem areas (fundamentals...) he should get at least some PT even when our roster is healthy.

Nellie said on KNBR that his plan is to bring in Maggette off the bench, presumably starting Wright (or else Turiaf; God knows he won't start Randolph). He has also said Marco has done very well, which is true, and even pointed out that Kobe complemented Marco on his defense when we played LA, implying that Marco will also get his PT, even if he has to come off the bench once Monta is back.

I know the youngsters have not gotten as much PT as we would like, but I do think they will play more as the season goes on. My previous post is based on this assumption.

Besides, we could have the top pick in the draft and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nellie keep him on the bench. :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:48 am
If they want high draft picks then they should run everything through their young players like OKC does with Durant. if OKC gets Griffin it's over
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:53 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:
migya wrote:
D4rk 0ne wrote:Marco and Randolph were both picked up in that range. You don't need a top draft pick to nab a great player, and having a top pick doesn't guarantee success. Besides, picking in the 7-10 range means we get a legit talent without having to pay anywhere near as much as we would if we were picking in the top 3 overall.

He's been playing them more recently. The injuries to Marco and Brandan are quite unfortunate, but both have been playing well and getting more minutes because of it. Now, with them out -- and after having shown how valuable they can be to the team -- we are guaranteed to see Randolph in extended time as well. If he plays consistently well and improves in some of his problem areas (fundamentals...) he should get at least some PT even when our roster is healthy.

Nellie said on KNBR that his plan is to bring in Maggette off the bench, presumably starting Wright (or else Turiaf; God knows he won't start Randolph). He has also said Marco has done very well, which is true, and even pointed out that Kobe complemented Marco on his defense when we played LA, implying that Marco will also get his PT, even if he has to come off the bench once Monta is back.

I know the youngsters have not gotten as much PT as we would like, but I do think they will play more as the season goes on. My previous post is based on this assumption.

Besides, we could have the top pick in the draft and I wouldn't be surprised to see Nellie keep him on the bench. :wink:

Nelson showed last season what he thinks of youngsters. Him playing Kurz as much he does is a disrespect to the other youngsters who were picked pretty high in the draft and a showing of lack of basketball fundamentals, as no basketball genius would do that. Nelson has shown basketball genius in the past and also lack of, a real headcase.

A top 3 pick would be much harder to keep on the bench and would make Nelson look even more crazy. I doubt he wouldn't play a top 3 pick

Next

Return to Game Threads