Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Warriors 2009-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors beat the Pacers at home?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:09 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:^ lol how would Belinelli injured give Randolph more playing time? They aren't even in the same position. If anything, Belinelli's injury will hopefully get Marcus Williams some PT. He needs it badly, this season is over, and he is our future PG since he is still in his early 20s.

LMAO!!!

That is hillarious if you actually think that...............given that he has been on our team all year, a team that has no real PG, and he hasnt seen a single decent spell of time in his 7 games played.

Ohh yeah, and theres the fact we didnt pick up his option, so hes expiring at the end of this year and we arent negotiating.

Doesnt sound like our PG of the future does it?

I was gonna respond to that too. THere is no way the team is considering him for the future. I think he got a raw deal here, but it's not like we can do anything.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:09 pm
Well do you really think Don Nelson is coaching this team forever? If anything, we would gladly have a Marcus Williams in his early 20s like the rest of the squad to go and become the next Kidd. We will need a PG sooner or later, and Monta Ellis is not really a PG, he is a SHOOT/drive first player.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:23 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:Well do you really think Don Nelson is coaching this team forever? If anything, we would gladly have a Marcus Williams in his early 20s like the rest of the squad to go and become the next Kidd. We will need a PG sooner or later, and Monta Ellis is not really a PG, he is a SHOOT/drive first player.

I think many people here either like Marcus or are intrigued by him. But the decision isn't the Warriors here. Do you think Marcus wants to stay after not playing all year? And if he were the next Kidd, we would have seen it or flashes of it by now. I agree, it'd be nice to keep him around but it won't happen. If you got hired by a company and were to be an important part of the company, and they decided to have you just do some filing. Wouldn't you be looking to move on? I mean, if you stay around to file, you're gonna end up getting paid like a filer.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:28 pm
I saw some flashes, nice passes here and there, pretty much on the way to be the next J Kidd.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:34 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:I saw some flashes, nice passes here and there, pretty much on the way to be the next J Kidd.

You sound like it's a given but I just don't see that happening. He may be the same type of point guard but he'll never be as good as kidd.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:I saw some flashes, nice passes here and there, pretty much on the way to be the next J Kidd.

As much as Nellie loves guards....if Williams really had anything to offer he would probably be playing the PF spot right about now.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 pm

As much as Nellie loves guards....if Williams really had anything to offer he would probably be playing the PF spot right about now.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:37 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:Well do you really think Don Nelson is coaching this team forever? If anything, we would gladly have a Marcus Williams in his early 20s like the rest of the squad to go and become the next Kidd. We will need a PG sooner or later, and Monta Ellis is not really a PG, he is a SHOOT/drive first player.

I think many people here either like Marcus or are intrigued by him. But the decision isn't the Warriors here. Do you think Marcus wants to stay after not playing all year? And if he were the next Kidd, we would have seen it or flashes of it by now. I agree, it'd be nice to keep him around but it won't happen. If you got hired by a company and were to be an important part of the company, and they decided to have you just do some filing. Wouldn't you be looking to move on? I mean, if you stay around to file, you're gonna end up getting paid like a filer.

he's in only his second year and has become a valuable contributor on pretty consistent minutes. Sure at the start of the year, not so much but he's worked his way into the lineup. I don't think he's gonna bolt just yet
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:42 pm
Quazza wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

he's in only his second year and has become a valuable contributor on pretty consistent minutes. Sure at the start of the year, not so much but he's worked his way into the lineup. I don't think he's gonna bolt just yet

Quaz,
are you talking about Williams?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:46 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Quazza wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Quaz,

Probably got him mistaken with Watson... :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:51 pm
TMC wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Quazza wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

Quaz,

Probably got him mistaken with Watson... :wink:

I was thinking maybe Bellinelli since it was Abyss that had brought the player up.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:31 pm
yeah my bad i read Marcus as Marco lol

Was a big weekend:)

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:05 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:^ lol how would Belinelli injured give Randolph more playing time? They aren't even in the same position. If anything, Belinelli's injury will hopefully get Marcus Williams some PT. He needs it badly, this season is over, and he is our future PG since he is still in his early 20s.

What does position have anything to do with our team? Nobody plays in their correct position. Plus I meant giving him playing time as in so many guys are out so hopefully it would force Nelson's hand.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 am
"Always" Next wrote:
martin wrote:bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.

Martin,
it sounds like you did watch this game, how can you still have something bad to say about how Crawford played? He has missed tons of 3s this year on great looks that just didnt stay down. He took over the game last night in the 4th quarter and definitely won that game. He has an uncanny knack for drawing that foul on the 3pt attempt and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. He also has great court awareness is a really good passer. Biedrins has cost Crawford tons of assists this year because he cant finish at the rim. If Marco or Morrow were playing like Crawford everybody would be nuthuggin on them like nobodies business....but when its Crawford he still gets little respect.

yup...nothing to add to that, bro...it is a Bush-style fit the facts to the policy approach and not worth trying to reason with. You know as well as I, that any reasonable person watching the game last night would say Crawford was superb last night.
Last edited by coltraning on Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:08 am
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Once again, I cannot get excited or be happy about a win where Randolph gets Nelson's old wrinkly one shoved up his ass for no reason............that one little baffling, stupid detail just spoils it for me.

Makes no sense why he wouldnt play a single moment in the second half, when AS USUAL!!! we play our best basketball when he and another BIG MAN are in there.

I hear you, bro...really do, made no sense at all, except as some kind of sadistic mind ****. There was absolutely NOTHING more Randolph could have done last night...his brilliant 9 minutes were the absolute photo negative of Rob Kurz going -14 in plus minus in 5 Minutes the previous night. Randolph was shafted tonight. However, it WAS a terrific game, and I am loving the Ws ball movement lately. Your man, Crawford did have a monster game. Azu is playing terrifically well lately, and Turiaf has started showing a nice 16-18 footer to go along with the rest of his good game. I am astonished, have to say, at what a TRULY terrible touch Biedrins has, and that is a shame, since he is moving beautifully, and can outquick just about any other center to the rim...problem is, he then blows about 1/2 of his 2 foot layups.

:mrgreen:

I was going to say Crawford looked like he had a great game, with a great percentages and a nice all around floor game..............but I was just consumed with my anger over the treatment of Randolph............again.

So, now Ive calmed down............Crawford looks like he played superbly, and from the highlights...........he won us the game in more ways than one. :D

(Colt, Ill always give credit where credit is due man. :wink:.........and this isnt the first time Ive praised Crawford, infact, I have praised him more than I have grumbled about him)

I know, Bigs...it was very tongue in cheek. Unlike those who suck on a lemon, and gasp "he had a pretty good game" when he was ranked third in the entire NBA as a game performer last night, or even more amazingly, still call him a chucker (what, do they work for the McCain campaign, and are so invested in their spin, and are out of a job?). You are showing a pretty balanced view. If you have watched the games since sjax went out, it is astonishing how much better the ball movement has been. There is movement, cutting, nice back doors, great drive and kicks. I know Nelson is a stubborn mofo, but I think it would be a disaster to start sjax when he returns.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads