Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Warriors 2009-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors beat the Pacers at home?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm

YES
60%
NO
40%

Total votes : 15

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 pm
This has just proven that the season IS cursed.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:16 pm
migya wrote:A win. I'd prefer a loss to get a better lottery position but hey, they'll lose plenty more.

Crawford looks like he had a good game (there I gave him some credit :mrgreen: ), shooting just over 50FG%. Randolph kick arse in just under 10mins, only ten minutes! Nelson obviously being a fool again.

Who got injured? When things are going bad they only get worse, that's why the bad teams seem to have such bad luck. In this case, it is good for the team because this season is gone anyway

Belinelli got injured. The Bruce Bowen injury.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:17 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:
migya wrote:A win. I'd prefer a loss to get a better lottery position but hey, they'll lose plenty more.

Crawford looks like he had a good game (there I gave him some credit :mrgreen: ), shooting just over 50FG%. Randolph kick arse in just under 10mins, only ten minutes! Nelson obviously being a fool again.

Who got injured? When things are going bad they only get worse, that's why the bad teams seem to have such bad luck. In this case, it is good for the team because this season is gone anyway

Just in time for Monta's arrival

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:19 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:

shame too, he's been playing well. Have watched a lot of games this year and I really see something in the kid. He's very smooth and when allowed to create is very damaging with his passing
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:02 am
Uh, yeah, "Crawford had a good game" :shock: Again, I live for such insightful analysis. Yeah, only 32 points, 10-19, 4-6 on threes, 8-8 FT, 5 rebounds, 5 assists and a steal, AND the game winning shot..yeah, he was alright if you like that kind of crawful chuckford garbage. I am still pissed that he didn't participate in the warriors girls dances. :wink:

Not going to quarrel with the win, but am once again baffled...poor AR, the dude only gets 9 points, 4 boards, 1 steal and 2 blocks in 9 minutes and sees not ONE minute of action in the second 1/2...I realize I am not a HOF coach, but wouldn't that warrant a little play in the 2nd 1/2? Nelson is a ****ing douche, the way he is treating the kid...overall, incredibly entertaining game to watch, and I am very happy with how the ball is moving with Jackson out of the line-up. Even Maggette did a terrific drive and kick!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:15 am
coltraning wrote: Again, realize I am not a HOF coach,

Neither is Nelson

;)
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:22 am
Once again, I cannot get excited or be happy about a win where Randolph gets Nelson's old wrinkly one shoved up his ass for no reason............that one little baffling, stupid detail just spoils it for me.

Makes no sense why he wouldnt play a single moment in the second half, when AS USUAL!!! we play our best basketball when he and another BIG MAN are in there.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:50 am
bigstrads wrote:Once again, I cannot get excited or be happy about a win where Randolph gets Nelson's old wrinkly one shoved up his ass for no reason............that one little baffling, stupid detail just spoils it for me.

Makes no sense why he wouldnt play a single moment in the second half, when AS USUAL!!! we play our best basketball when he and another BIG MAN are in there.

I hear you, bro...really do, made no sense at all, except as some kind of sadistic mind ****. There was absolutely NOTHING more Randolph could have done last night...his brilliant 9 minutes were the absolute photo negative of Rob Kurz going -14 in plus minus in 5 Minutes the previous night. Randolph was shafted tonight. However, it WAS a terrific game, and I am loving the Ws ball movement lately. Your man, Crawford did have a monster game. Azu is playing terrifically well lately, and Turiaf has started showing a nice 16-18 footer to go along with the rest of his good game. I am astonished, have to say, at what a TRULY terrible touch Biedrins has, and that is a shame, since he is moving beautifully, and can outquick just about any other center to the rim...problem is, he then blows about 1/2 of his 2 foot layups.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:50 am
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Once again, I cannot get excited or be happy about a win where Randolph gets Nelson's old wrinkly one shoved up his ass for no reason............that one little baffling, stupid detail just spoils it for me.

I hear you, bro...really do, made no sense at all, except as some kind of sadistic mind ****. There was absolutely NOTHING more Randolph could have done last night...his brilliant 9 minutes were the absolute photo negative of Rob Kurz going -14 in plus minus in 5 Minutes the previous night. Randolph was shafted tonight. However, it WAS a terrific game, and I am loving the Ws ball movement lately. Your man, Crawford did have a monster game. Azu is playing terrifically well lately, and Turiaf has started showing a nice 16-18 footer to go along with the rest of his good game. I am astonished, have to say, at what a TRULY terrible touch Biedrins has, and that is a shame, since he is moving beautifully, and can outquick just about any other center to the rim...problem is, he then blows about 1/2 of his 2 foot layups.

:mrgreen:

I was going to say Crawford looked like he had a great game, with a great percentages and a nice all around floor game..............but I was just consumed with my anger over the treatment of Randolph............again.

So, now Ive calmed down............Crawford looks like he played superbly, and from the highlights...........he won us the game in more ways than one. :D

(Colt, Ill always give credit where credit is due man. :wink:.........and this isnt the first time Ive praised Crawford, infact, I have praised him more than I have grumbled about him)

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 am
Crawford did win the game for the warrior's, but to me he is still a ballchucker.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:03 am
bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:16 am
martin wrote:bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.

Martin,
it sounds like you did watch this game, how can you still have something bad to say about how Crawford played? He has missed tons of 3s this year on great looks that just didnt stay down. He took over the game last night in the 4th quarter and definitely won that game. He has an uncanny knack for drawing that foul on the 3pt attempt and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. He also has great court awareness is a really good passer. Biedrins has cost Crawford tons of assists this year because he cant finish at the rim. If Marco or Morrow were playing like Crawford everybody would be nuthuggin on them like nobodies business....but when its Crawford he still gets little respect.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:27 pm
Nice to have a win, especially against the Pacers. Got to love the ball movement the past few games with Jack out and Maggs not being his usual ball chucking self, although I think Maggs should go back to being selfish. Dudes a HORRIBLE passer. Maggs off the bench as a sixth man, and going to the hoop would be perfect for our team. If he starts chucking the outside shots or tries to make passes he can't, then he sits.

Sometimes it does get a little too selfless though as they start passing up open shots for contested ones. Crawford had a good game too. Thing about Craw versus Maggs and Jack, is that even though he has his bad games as well as his good, he most likely will not cost you in terms of turnovers, and he always has the potential to blow by his defenders. Is it also a surprise too that we have shot over 50% past few games with Jack out and Maggs not chucking up stupid shots?

Bells getting injured took the steam off the win a bit. With Brandon out and now Marco, there's not much to look forward to unless Nelson finally gives Randolph ample playing time which, I highly doubt would happen. When Marco went down I thought he had to give Randolph some time now after the good performance he had in his short stint in the first half, but nope.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:45 pm
^ lol how would Belinelli injured give Randolph more playing time? They aren't even in the same position. If anything, Belinelli's injury will hopefully get Marcus Williams some PT. He needs it badly, this season is over, and he is our future PG since he is still in his early 20s.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:^ lol how would Belinelli injured give Randolph more playing time? They aren't even in the same position. If anything, Belinelli's injury will hopefully get Marcus Williams some PT. He needs it badly, this season is over, and he is our future PG since he is still in his early 20s.

LMAO!!!

That is hillarious if you actually think that...............given that he has been on our team all year, a team that has no real PG, and he hasnt seen a single decent spell of time in his 7 games played.

Ohh yeah, and theres the fact we didnt pick up his option, so hes expiring at the end of this year and we arent negotiating.

Doesnt sound like our PG of the future does it?
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads