Game Thread: Indiana Pacers @ Warriors 2009-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors beat the Pacers at home?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:23 pm

YES
9
60%
NO
6
40%
 
Total votes : 15

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:59 am
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
coltraning wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Once again, I cannot get excited or be happy about a win where Randolph gets Nelson's old wrinkly one shoved up his ass for no reason............that one little baffling, stupid detail just spoils it for me.

Makes no sense why he wouldnt play a single moment in the second half, when AS USUAL!!! we play our best basketball when he and another BIG MAN are in there.

I hear you, bro...really do, made no sense at all, except as some kind of sadistic mind ****. There was absolutely NOTHING more Randolph could have done last night...his brilliant 9 minutes were the absolute photo negative of Rob Kurz going -14 in plus minus in 5 Minutes the previous night. Randolph was shafted tonight. However, it WAS a terrific game, and I am loving the Ws ball movement lately. Your man, Crawford did have a monster game. Azu is playing terrifically well lately, and Turiaf has started showing a nice 16-18 footer to go along with the rest of his good game. I am astonished, have to say, at what a TRULY terrible touch Biedrins has, and that is a shame, since he is moving beautifully, and can outquick just about any other center to the rim...problem is, he then blows about 1/2 of his 2 foot layups.



:mrgreen:

I was going to say Crawford looked like he had a great game, with a great percentages and a nice all around floor game..............but I was just consumed with my anger over the treatment of Randolph............again.

So, now Ive calmed down............Crawford looks like he played superbly, and from the highlights...........he won us the game in more ways than one. :D

(Colt, Ill always give credit where credit is due man. :wink:.........and this isnt the first time Ive praised Crawford, infact, I have praised him more than I have grumbled about him)

I know, Bigs...it was very tongue in cheek. Unlike those who suck on a lemon, and gasp "he had a pretty good game" when he was ranked third in the entire NBA as a game performer last night, or even more amazingly, still call him a chucker (what, do they work for the McCain campaign, and are so invested in their spin, and are out of a job?). You are showing a pretty balanced view. If you have watched the games since sjax went out, it is astonishing how much better the ball movement has been. There is movement, cutting, nice back doors, great drive and kicks. I know Nelson is a stubborn mofo, but I think it would be a disaster to start sjax when he returns.


About S-Jax..........ohh god yeah! ball movement has been so much better, aswell as shot selection and general effort to gain space............its almost like S-Jax infects the others with his bone headed crap.

Even Maggs is trying to pass! although thats been abit of a problem because he is one of the worst passers I have ever seen! and is creating some pretty poor turnovers............but hey, atleast hes listening and trying to do something about the shortcomings hes been accused of.

We all know Nelson is going to start him, and this has been my big worry for a long time, how all these guys are going to fit and play together..........at the moment, if we play awful iso ball with 3 of them together, what happens when Monta comes back? will it get worse or better?

For awhile now, the player I want to get rid of the most, and I feel kills us the most............is S-Jax.

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 am
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
martin wrote:bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.


Martin,
it sounds like you did watch this game, how can you still have something bad to say about how Crawford played? He has missed tons of 3s this year on great looks that just didnt stay down. He took over the game last night in the 4th quarter and definitely won that game. He has an uncanny knack for drawing that foul on the 3pt attempt and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. He also has great court awareness is a really good passer. Biedrins has cost Crawford tons of assists this year because he cant finish at the rim. If Marco or Morrow were playing like Crawford everybody would be nuthuggin on them like nobodies business....but when its Crawford he still gets little respect.

yup...nothing to add to that, bro...it is a Bush-style fit the facts to the policy approach and not worth trying to reason with. You know as well as I, that any reasonable person watching the game last night would say Crawford was superb last night.

coltraning is at his best again, using his bullshit wrong argumentation over and over. man, get a fricking logic course (it is nice to use bad logic, that makes me feel as if i said something really GROZZ). it seems you've missed something. appart from not being able to get yourself mannned-up and admit when you are wrong, you are coming with completely stupid argumentative technique. gosh, i'm gonna throw up....

i said 50 percent of his shots (mainly contested shots and the ones he usually misses) went in, so it does make him look good if you put your atttention on his mades. but not so much, if you see him taking ill-shots, that are not good ones. the fact that he made the last shot only means it was a luck, for the shot was over the hands after usuall crawford dribble fiesta. wow, we got lucky, crawford got lucky!
luck is not a measuring tool of bball goodness.

now, get off me with your twisted brainfucking policies of argumentation.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:25 am
martin wrote:
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
martin wrote:bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.


Martin,
it sounds like you did watch this game, how can you still have something bad to say about how Crawford played? He has missed tons of 3s this year on great looks that just didnt stay down. He took over the game last night in the 4th quarter and definitely won that game. He has an uncanny knack for drawing that foul on the 3pt attempt and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. He also has great court awareness is a really good passer. Biedrins has cost Crawford tons of assists this year because he cant finish at the rim. If Marco or Morrow were playing like Crawford everybody would be nuthuggin on them like nobodies business....but when its Crawford he still gets little respect.

yup...nothing to add to that, bro...it is a Bush-style fit the facts to the policy approach and not worth trying to reason with. You know as well as I, that any reasonable person watching the game last night would say Crawford was superb last night.

coltraning is at his best again, using his bullshit wrong argumentation over and over. man, get a fricking logic course (it is nice to use bad logic, that makes me feel as if i said something really GROZZ). it seems you've missed something. appart from not being able to get yourself mannned-up and admit when you are wrong, you are coming with completely stupid argumentative technique. gosh, i'm gonna throw up....

i said 50 percent of his shots (mainly contested shots and the ones he usually misses) went in, so it does make him look good if you put your atttention on his mades. but not so much, if you see him taking ill-shots, that are not good ones. the fact that he made the last shot only means it was a luck, for the shot was over the hands after usuall crawford dribble fiesta. wow, we got lucky, crawford got lucky!
luck is not a measuring tool of bball goodness.

now, get off me with your twisted brainfucking policies of argumentation.


let's not continue that back and forth from the other thread, PLEASE! by the way, luck or skill, crawford played well, and making 50% of those shots is a good percentage don't you think? I know what you are saying, but guys have good nights and bad nights, crawford had a good one. I bet it probably just makes us as fans cringe thinking him having a night like that will make him want to continue chucking away. But i'll give him credit when he does well.

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
martin wrote:
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
martin wrote:bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.


Martin,
it sounds like you did watch this game, how can you still have something bad to say about how Crawford played? He has missed tons of 3s this year on great looks that just didnt stay down. He took over the game last night in the 4th quarter and definitely won that game. He has an uncanny knack for drawing that foul on the 3pt attempt and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. He also has great court awareness is a really good passer. Biedrins has cost Crawford tons of assists this year because he cant finish at the rim. If Marco or Morrow were playing like Crawford everybody would be nuthuggin on them like nobodies business....but when its Crawford he still gets little respect.

yup...nothing to add to that, bro...it is a Bush-style fit the facts to the policy approach and not worth trying to reason with. You know as well as I, that any reasonable person watching the game last night would say Crawford was superb last night.

coltraning is at his best again, using his bullshit wrong argumentation over and over. man, get a fricking logic course (it is nice to use bad logic, that makes me feel as if i said something really GROZZ). it seems you've missed something. appart from not being able to get yourself mannned-up and admit when you are wrong, you are coming with completely stupid argumentative technique. gosh, i'm gonna throw up....

i said 50 percent of his shots (mainly contested shots and the ones he usually misses) went in, so it does make him look good if you put your atttention on his mades. but not so much, if you see him taking ill-shots, that are not good ones. the fact that he made the last shot only means it was a luck, for the shot was over the hands after usuall crawford dribble fiesta. wow, we got lucky, crawford got lucky!
luck is not a measuring tool of bball goodness.

now, get off me with your twisted brainfucking policies of argumentation.


let's not continue that back and forth from the other thread, PLEASE! by the way, luck or skill, crawford played well, and making 50% of those shots is a good percentage don't you think? I know what you are saying, but guys have good nights and bad nights, crawford had a good one. I bet it probably just makes us as fans cringe thinking him having a night like that will make him want to continue chucking away. But i'll give him credit when he does well.

please ask the same mr. coltraning, for it's not me coming with 'bushlike' and 'exluding you from a reasonable man campus' types of argumentation. ok?
now, where did i say crawford had a bad night percentage wise? i completely agree that having 50 percent of shots down in the nba is a big success measuring number. that was not a part of the argument. it was his way doing it that made me do some critics.
now forget it, and move on.
i really have no energy to fight on internet forrums over some basketball players. i said what i thought when looking at the game. maybe i'm wrong. maybe crawford took good shots. maybe it's the way it should be with him.
just, don't come with insults (in a form of metaphorical implication), no matter how nicely they are masked, mr. coltraning.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:28 pm
#1, I believe I called the Randolph beastly game, thank you very much (page 1, suckas!). His points and rebounds are half of what I figured he'd get, but so was his playing time... and I don't think anybody will argue that with more tick, the kid woulda been close to what I had him figured. Beast. Straight beast.

#2, I also called Dunleavy's piss-poor performance, after averaging 18 points and 4.5 assists in his two previous games back. 10 points, 1 dime, and 4 boards, huh, Mike? Seems like a typical Oakland performance. The guy clearly is a headcase and the boo's of Roaracle have always cued subpar nights for Dunleavy... why stop now? :wink:

#3, good to see hesitant, back-handed, meager credit given to Crawford from his nemesis miggy on a night where he single-handedly silver-plattered us a victory. Jamal Crawford carried us with a 32 points game (15 in the 4th quarter) including the game-winning 3-pointer. Yeah. He had an okay game. :mrgreen:

#4, Marco Fan has lost his credibility.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm
32 wrote:good to see hesitant, back-handed, meager credit given to Crawford from his nemesis miggy on a night where he single-handedly silver-plattered us a victory. Jamal Crawford carried us with a 32 points game (15 in the 4th quarter) including the game-winning 3-pointer. Yeah. He had an okay game. :mrgreen:



That's just singling me out #32, no need to do that.

I said Crawford had a good game and so did many others. I trust the overall view point from the people on here, as most have not just taken the rosey outlook of the team's bad moves and performances
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:18 pm
watched the whole game........except for the last 30 seconds when the link died for me.


The basketball gods were clearly mocking me
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm
martin wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
martin wrote:
coltraning wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
martin wrote:bad highlights from the game -
maggette playing soccer and kicking the ball all over the place.
crawford chucking (contested low percentage, the same as his game winning one) shots all over,50 percent of which, magically, went down. bad decisions all over with him. and it's rather an exception from a rule that they made him actually MAKE something.
bellinelli hitting the rim from 3 point land over and over untill he makes one go through and bam, fricking injury and no warriors players except two white ones(biedrins and kurz) comming to look what's happenning. speak of team-mates and body language here.
biedrins not managing to finish at the rim, it's getting tiresome to watch.

good ones -
cj steal from dunleavy and two made foul shots near the end (thought he might get nervous).
bellinelli - some nice drives with circus finishes.
crawford - two fouls against on the 3 point mark. how ridiculous is that becoming to look like? the best skill he possesses and'll ever posses.
randolph - nice hustle overall.
kelena - the best player yesterday, working like a swiss watch.


Martin,
it sounds like you did watch this game, how can you still have something bad to say about how Crawford played? He has missed tons of 3s this year on great looks that just didnt stay down. He took over the game last night in the 4th quarter and definitely won that game. He has an uncanny knack for drawing that foul on the 3pt attempt and he can get to the rim whenever he wants. He also has great court awareness is a really good passer. Biedrins has cost Crawford tons of assists this year because he cant finish at the rim. If Marco or Morrow were playing like Crawford everybody would be nuthuggin on them like nobodies business....but when its Crawford he still gets little respect.

yup...nothing to add to that, bro...it is a Bush-style fit the facts to the policy approach and not worth trying to reason with. You know as well as I, that any reasonable person watching the game last night would say Crawford was superb last night.

coltraning is at his best again, using his bullshit wrong argumentation over and over. man, get a fricking logic course (it is nice to use bad logic, that makes me feel as if i said something really GROZZ). it seems you've missed something. appart from not being able to get yourself mannned-up and admit when you are wrong, you are coming with completely stupid argumentative technique. gosh, i'm gonna throw up....

i said 50 percent of his shots (mainly contested shots and the ones he usually misses) went in, so it does make him look good if you put your atttention on his mades. but not so much, if you see him taking ill-shots, that are not good ones. the fact that he made the last shot only means it was a luck, for the shot was over the hands after usuall crawford dribble fiesta. wow, we got lucky, crawford got lucky!
luck is not a measuring tool of bball goodness.

now, get off me with your twisted brainfucking policies of argumentation.


let's not continue that back and forth from the other thread, PLEASE! by the way, luck or skill, crawford played well, and making 50% of those shots is a good percentage don't you think? I know what you are saying, but guys have good nights and bad nights, crawford had a good one. I bet it probably just makes us as fans cringe thinking him having a night like that will make him want to continue chucking away. But i'll give him credit when he does well.

please ask the same mr. coltraning, for it's not me coming with 'bushlike' and 'exluding you from a reasonable man campus' types of argumentation. ok?
now, where did i say crawford had a bad night percentage wise? i completely agree that having 50 percent of shots down in the nba is a big success measuring number. that was not a part of the argument. it was his way doing it that made me do some critics.
now forget it, and move on.
i really have no energy to fight on internet forrums over some basketball players. i said what i thought when looking at the game. maybe i'm wrong. maybe crawford took good shots. maybe it's the way it should be with him.
just, don't come with insults (in a form of metaphorical implication), no matter how nicely they are masked, mr. coltraning.

And guess what, homey, you have proven again and again with your comments that on basketball, you are an ignorant fan at best, who can only resort to insults and obscene language when he has no response.

Martin, you are in violation of the rules of this forum with your gross, obscene and offensive comments. You cross the line when you curse people out, and regardless of the logic or lack thereof in what you say, I am sure the mods will agree that your behavior is unacceptable. If you cannot engage in a civil conversation, and must reduce yourself to loathsome cursing and tantrums, take your ball and go to some forum where they like that kind of garbage. I am sorry you had such trouble with authority in your life, from deacons to professors to people who can form a coherent thought, and you feel the need to act out and be the tough guy in anonymous safety on a basketball forum, but leave it out of here. I am done with you, and will leave it to the mods to decide if your foulmouthed garbage belongs here. You are not worth talking to.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 pm
''You know as well as I, that any reasonable person watching the game last night would say Crawford was superb last night.''
how come calling someone not reasonable person is not an insult? have you been testing my reasoning abilities? scans? IQ tests?
or was it just your personal take?
why refer to bush policies and stuff?

common, are you serious?

is it your way of making people look less reasonable than you?

i responded to your post the same way you did to mine, except without hiding behind intelligent metaphors?

what's the difference between insulting anyone in pseudointellectual manner and going some ruffer?

does it change the fact?

mods may do what they think they need to do, but i'm damn sure i was not the first to go with insulting remarks.
so, yes, take a look at the mirror before judging.

i make my point once more - any post of mine that has resulted in you feeling insulted was preceded by your post in which you started to go down on someone you know not.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:25 pm
FOR THE SAKE OF THE BOARD, PLEASE USE PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:good to see hesitant, back-handed, meager credit given to Crawford from his nemesis miggy on a night where he single-handedly silver-plattered us a victory. Jamal Crawford carried us with a 32 points game (15 in the 4th quarter) including the game-winning 3-pointer. Yeah. He had an okay game. :mrgreen:



That's just singling me out #32, no need to do that.

I said Crawford had a good game and so did many others. I trust the overall view point from the people on here, as most have not just taken the rosey outlook of the team's bad moves and performances

You are correct. I apologize, it was an unnecessary shot. My bad.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:06 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:good to see hesitant, back-handed, meager credit given to Crawford from his nemesis miggy on a night where he single-handedly silver-plattered us a victory. Jamal Crawford carried us with a 32 points game (15 in the 4th quarter) including the game-winning 3-pointer. Yeah. He had an okay game. :mrgreen:



That's just singling me out #32, no need to do that.

I said Crawford had a good game and so did many others. I trust the overall view point from the people on here, as most have not just taken the rosey outlook of the team's bad moves and performances

You are correct. I apologize, it was an unnecessary shot. My bad.


classy 32 and Mig
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:good to see hesitant, back-handed, meager credit given to Crawford from his nemesis miggy on a night where he single-handedly silver-plattered us a victory. Jamal Crawford carried us with a 32 points game (15 in the 4th quarter) including the game-winning 3-pointer. Yeah. He had an okay game. :mrgreen:



That's just singling me out #32, no need to do that.

I said Crawford had a good game and so did many others. I trust the overall view point from the people on here, as most have not just taken the rosey outlook of the team's bad moves and performances

You are correct. I apologize, it was an unnecessary shot. My bad.



It's alright, you can send me 100 bucks to the address I'll PM you :mrgreen:

:wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron