Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2009-01-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors split the season series with a win?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 pm

YES
35%
NO
65%

Total votes : 20

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:41 pm
honestly when we get monta back... :D

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:43 pm
nice game by W's, we always seem to only come to play when it's the Lakers or Celtics. but on cue, the crunch time collapse/choke that seems to be expected. just one difference between this yr and last is we are horrible at finishing games. this has really convinced me that Nelson wants to be fired. With 5 min. left he brings in CJ Watson(??) and goes to small ball with Corey at PF...when we've been getting beat on the boards all game. why not put in Turiaf/Biedrins combo. seriously, r u trying to lose Nellie?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:50 pm
We hit the 3... and Crawford just ain't clutch enough. What was he even trying for with the 2 anyway?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:09 pm
Man, we actually hung on for most of the game. I was actually happy to see Randolph in the game although I believe that it wont happen from now on very regularly.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 pm
metalface wrote:Man, we actually hung on for most of the game. I was actually happy to see Randolph in the game although I believe that it wont happen from now on very regularly.

Metalface thats an awsome picture of KG and Nate i crack up everytime i see it. The look on kg's face and reaction from Nate haha.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, from the box score looked like we stayed close and had the lead until the 4th quarter, Kobe only had freethow-thats beyond amazing. Glad to know AR played and produced.

From reading the thread looks like Nelly had some head scratcher that didn't make sense, as always.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:01 am
Another loss is good. Hopefully closer to Nelson being fired and the attained loser players being traded

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:52 am
Man............Brandan has a partially dislocated shoulder, having an MRI today. :cry:

Two shockers, both sarcastic = Randolph played! and Nelson went with the small/sh*t lineup in crunch time!

He is a mutha f*cker isnt he, I mean how many more games do we need, with being close in the 4th, and him insert the worst basketball lineup we could possibly have.............to prove he truelly is screwing us on purpose, how many more times do we have to see it???

Turiaf plays 10 minutes!!! give me an f'ing break. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:07 am
well, much has been said about tonight, some of it even intelligent. I would add one stat: Ws - 15 with Kurz, plus 9 without him...and for all the faith-based haters out there, must be a hard lemon to suck that Crawford and Maggette were hands down the 2 best warriors out there tonight...don't let the facts deter you though, all our problems will be over if we only trade those malingerers...(and no, bigs, I am not lumping you in with the faith-based haters...)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:55 am
Torrent here for anyone who wants to take a look at last nights game=

http://bt.davka.info/
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:57 am
So quick thoughts on the game 'cause I have to go to work. I only watched the first 3 quarters and I watched the 4th until the Lakers got into the bonus...figured it was over at that point.

Anyway, Wright looked great...hope the shoulder isn't too bad...it looked bad on the floor, as soon as I saw it I could tell it was dislocated. Maggs, Crawford and Belinelli got hot and that's pretty much the only reason we were in this game at all. Turiaf had a bad game oddly enough. Biedrins was great also. Ok and finally Randolph, I actually don't have a problem with Nellie not playing him and last night just confirmed that for me. He's immensely talented, that much is obvious, but he makes too many mistakes. For every good thing he does he makes at least 1, usually 2 mistakes. It's very much like Wright last year...he'd get a rebound and then trip over his feet while dribbling and turn the ball over. So yes one technique would be to play him and let him learn on the court, however I don't like the idea of forcing an inexperienced player to contribute. I think that's the quickest way for them to learn bad habits to compensate for what they don't know (see: Durant, Kevin). I think if he sits on the bench, practices hard, and pays attention, he'll also be like Wright and be ready to play next year.
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:35 am
Lol, Biedrins was 2 assists shy of a Triple-Double.., actually pretty decent statline, 12pts 17reb 8ast 3 stl and 3 Blocks.
Haven't seen the game yet, so I can't judge on how he really played, but the stats are great..

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:28 am
Man, last night was like a heavy metal concert. I hate the Faker fans even more now.

Piss all over the toilets, a bottle of Patron in the toilet, a dude puking in the toilet next to me, Lakers fans tryin' to start all kinds of troubles.

Sad state of affairs when half the audience is Fakers fans.

A quick moment of booing by the crowd in the second quarter.

Maggette even with his points sucks (what was up with that crap pass outof bounds). 50 million dollars shouldn't allo you to pass the ball out of bounds with no defenders on you.

Randolph looked good for a rook.

The W's looked chaotic down the stretch, no leader (Maggette???)

Done.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm
Valiant effort. not to dissapointed with this loss. I thought goose was on the bench to long in the 4th, but on well.
Previous

Return to Game Threads