Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2009-01-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat a Utah team without Boozer?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:15 pm

YES
47%
NO
53%

Total votes : 15

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 pm
this game was a lot closer than i expected..but yeah the shooting disparity was just kind of disgusting @_@

12 more shots?

also cj has hit a lot of clutch shots..especially from the corner. but yeah i agree since morrow's shot looked more than great tonight
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:29 pm
Marco Fan wrote:Nellie, great line up to finish the game NO MORE SMALL BALL

lol. this is just a microcosm of the entire season. it's not going to change i'm afraid. no matter the score, he's always gone to his bullshit small ball lineup in the 4th. it always fails us too. if it were someone else's team, it'd be a comedy for the ages. but since it's us, it's plainly infuriating. but my vocal chords have been gone for some time screaming at him. we're becoming like pavlov's dogs. nothing can be done to change this, and nothing will be done with our management. ho hum.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:05 pm
Yeah, Morrow looked great. I stopped watching in the 4th, the end was eminent. Oh well, GG's W's.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 pm
Morrow hit his shots and Biedrins again playing a lone hand on the boards. This team needs at least one other very good rebounder, another two would be ideal because it is such a disparity

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:11 pm
So.. Just got back from the game here in Salt Lake and this is the first time that I've been able to see this years squad live. I wasn't as dissapointed with this game as I was in the previous years. We didn't get blown out this time. One huge positive FYI that couldn't be seen on TV: I watched Monta shoot around for like 30 minutes prior to all players shooting around. He looked really good as far as his jumper goes. Probably about hit about 90% from within arc. He didn't take any 3's and I didn't see him exert any extra energy that would allow me to determine if his speed was still intact, but he was moving around and "trotting" with no limp.

Note: Richard Hendrix was there in street clothes. He didn't travel with the team because he didn't sit with them. He appeared on the baseline with another man and they proceeded to greet all warriors players during halftime warmups? :crazy: .
Been a fan since the C-Webb n' Spree days... never a winning record, but you gotta love the W's.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:27 pm
bimboandmookie wrote:So.. Just got back from the game here in Salt Lake and this is the first time that I've been able to see this years squad live. I wasn't as dissapointed with this game as I was in the previous years. We didn't get blown out this time. One huge positive FYI that couldn't be seen on TV: I watched Monta shoot around for like 30 minutes prior to all players shooting around. He looked really good as far as his jumper goes. Probably about hit about 90% from within arc. He didn't take any 3's and I didn't see him exert any extra energy that would allow me to determine if his speed was still intact, but he was moving around and "trotting" with no limp.

cheers for that!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:27 am
This game followed the typical structure of a Warriors game. At first, we played well and were competitive/sometimes even winning. Then, we started sucking in the 4th quarter, and lost.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:35 am
Stat of the game tells it all: Offensive rebounds, 4th quarter: Utah 9, GS 0

Look, Utah is a strong team and we played them more than even except for offensive rebounds, and for god's sake, Wright, please stay out of foul trouble. a lot of positives, including excellent games from Crawford, Biedrins and especially Maggette, as well as some sweet shooting from Morrow. Why in God's name Kurz is out there is beyond me, esp. with Randolph banned to the bench. I was watching with a friend who had been in a relationship with a serious alcoholic, and we were watching with the sound off. She is not a huge hoops fan, so didn't know who Nelson was. At one point there was a pan shot on his face and she said -
hey, who's the alcoholic. I believe when all is said and done that Nelson's drinking problem will prove to have played a contributing factor in the bizarre choices he has made this year as coach...tough break for Jackson, but this could be a blessing in disguise, since the ball movement is almost always better when Jackson is out and Crawford is forced to not defer to him. Esp. if Monta gets back soon...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:00 am
Meh, I dont really know what to say anymore...........cant feel positive about a close loss to a good team, when the usual baffling rotations have happened.

Whatever.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:03 am
bigstrads wrote:Whatever

Signed.

I don't care about how we lose. The fact that it's another loss is all that matters.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:13 am
TMC wrote:

Signed.

I don't care about how we lose. The fact that it's another loss is all that matters.

I think its just cuz I dont really care or like our main rotational players...........except for Beans and Turiaf but they have their flaws, which are exposed on a nightly basis too.

All these years, all these losing seasons, there has always been 2-3+ players that I just loved and didnt care about the losses, as long as they did well and made account of themselves...........but when I see S-Jax, Crawford and Maggs score lots and "play well"..............I just dont care and dont want it.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 am
****, we were a .450 team before we got Crawford. Nelson as PG could defend, and CJ can his a more efficient jumper. Our Big three are all volume shooters.. how can you win like that?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:36 am
TMC wrote:

Signed.

Another loss is another step closer to a high lottery pick AND FUKIN HOPEFULLY THE REMOVAL OF THE LOSER PLAYERS AND INSANE COACH!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:52 am
At least theyre done with the road trips, save Portland but thats little more than going to Sacto

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:08 am
bigstrads wrote:All these years, all these losing seasons, there has always been 2-3+ players that I just loved and didnt care about the losses, as long as they did well and made account of themselves...........but when I see S-Jax, Crawford and Maggs score lots and "play well"..............I just dont care and dont want it.

Bingo. Exactly how I feel. With the old teams, our record sucked, but we were run by young guys who were, for the most part, likeable and had potential to make it with the right players involved. I liked J-Rich. I liked Antawn. I liked Arenas. Jack/Maggs/Craw I just couldn't care less for them really.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads