Game Thread: Warriors @ Oklahoma City Thunder 2008-12-31

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Will the Warriors end the year with a win?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:14 pm

86%
YES
19
14%
NO
3

Total votes: 22


All Star
Posts: 1189
» Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:14 pm
Golden State Warriors (10 - 23) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (3 - 29)

Start time: 5:00 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Brandan Wright
SF - Stephen Jackson
SG - Marco Belinelli
PG - Jamal Crawford

Probable starters for the Oklahoma City Thunder:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Robert Swift
PF - Jeff Green
SF - Kevin Durant
SG - Desmond Mason
PG - Russell Westbrook

Team leaders:
PPG - J. Crawford (19.4) | K. Durant (23.7)
RPG - A. Biedrins (11.8) | N. Collison (6.1)
APG - S. Jackson (5.8) | E. Watson (6.0)
SPG - A. Biedrins (1.4) | R. Westbrook (1.5)
BPG - R. Turiaf (2.2) | K. Durant (0.9)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:17 pm
it's OK city... who voted no? lol
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:18 pm
I really hope so, however with Crawford in the line-up you never know.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 309
» Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:21 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I really hope so, however with Crawford & Jackson in the line-up you never know.


Fixed, you never know what kind of player you get on game day.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:24 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I really hope so, however with Crawford & Jackson in the line-up you never know.


Fixed, you never know what kind of player you get on game day.


I'll agree to an extent. I still think Jack is more consistent than Crawford.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:00 am
Captain_Jack wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I really hope so, however with Crawford & Jackson in the line-up you never know.


Fixed, you never know what kind of player you get on game day.


I'll agree to an extent. I still think Jack is more consistent than Crawford.


i dont think he's consistent on any level... if he does well, we MIGHT have a chance to win.. if he does bad, we lose for sure....
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:09 pm
we've been playing decent basketball since the atlanta loss...

i think this will be a sloppy but competitive game... i expect the warriors to come out hot...

112 - 102 warriors
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1143
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:54 am
Let the Warriors have a field day.

All Star
Posts: 3173
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:34 pm
Warriors got this 120-111
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 309
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:45 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Warriors got this 120-111

How the hell are we going to let a 3 win team have 111 points?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:03 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Warriors got this 120-111

How the hell are we going to let a 3 win team have 111 points?


If everything goes wrong, Durant and Green will have a field day. But if the defense plays like it has under coaching of Moncrief and Smart, they won't even reach 100.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:27 pm
xbay wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Warriors got this 120-111

How the hell are we going to let a 3 win team have 111 points?


If everything goes wrong, Durant and Green will have a field day. But if the defense plays like it has under coaching of Moncrief and Smart, they won't even reach 100.


I think they'll score 102 since that's what they've scored against us both times we played them this season (pre-season and regular season). And we'll score something that ends in 2 also 'cause we scored 122 in preseason and 112 in the regular season. It's all about the 2s.

Rookie
Posts: 64
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:01 pm
Anyone got links to the game? My satellite's gone bad. :(

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:06 pm
umm i dunno any links.. i'll be back by 5, so when i find a link i will post one.

All Star
Posts: 3173
» Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
xbay wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Warriors got this 120-111

How the hell are we going to let a 3 win team have 111 points?


If everything goes wrong, Durant and Green will have a field day. But if the defense plays like it has under coaching of Moncrief and Smart, they won't even reach 100.


I think they'll score 102 since that's what they've scored against us both times we played them this season (pre-season and regular season). And we'll score something that ends in 2 also 'cause we scored 122 in preseason and 112 in the regular season. It's all about the 2s.


Its going to be an up-down game, unlike the Celtics game who played half court sets. Its going to be a free-flowing game, with alot of points.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest