Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2008-12-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors come out with a victory against the Raptors?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm

YES
69%
NO
31%

Total votes : 16

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:04 am
You know, when I go to check whether we have won or not............and we have...........I just laugh.

When I look at the boxscore and see that 7 players played, one of them Brandan who played 7 and a half minutes............Im sorry but that just doesnt excite me.

Nelson has bled the life out of me. :cry:

ilgrongo wrote:Fu##### S##t

I missed the match. :sad1:
I couldn't wait until 4 a.m. here :sleeping:
Do you know if there's a torrent somewhere of the match ?

Ill keep an eye out for you man, the Raptors usually get alot of love in the torrent world...........Ill post it in here if I find one. :wink:

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:51 am
bigstrads wrote:You know, when I go to check whether we have won or not............and we have...........I just laugh.

When I look at the boxscore and see that 7 players played, one of them Brandan who played 7 and a half minutes............Im sorry but that just doesnt excite me.

Ill keep an eye out for you man, the Raptors usually get alot of love in the torrent world...........Ill post it in here if I find one. :wink:

I was laughing when the Arena was chanting "Rocky" for Marco :bday:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:01 am
Rehren1296 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:You know, when I go to check whether we have won or not............and we have...........I just laugh.

LOL! yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing/hearing that...............next, they are going to start playing Eye of The Tiger on the P.A system every time he scores! :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 am
bigstrads wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:

LOL! yeah, I wouldnt mind seeing/hearing that...............next, they are going to start playing Eye of The Tiger on the P.A system every time he scores! :mrgreen:
Lol.
Brandan was basically taken out of the game because Jermaine O'Neil left the game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:55 am
Rehren1296 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:

Lol.
Brandan was basically taken out of the game because Jermaine O'Neil left the game.

Jesus, sounds like the usual senseless crap..........S-Jax is more than capable of handling Bosh right? :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:04 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:Very good win. The team is starting to show some life. Belinelli looks real good, he is playing his role and finally has been getting the chance to show what he can do. Think BWright should have got more court time, especially with Crawford doing badly

I'm just praying he doesn't get burried on the bench when Monta and Regrette are back

haha, Regrette :mrgreen:

Unless there is a trade likely Belinelli will go back to next to no minutes

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:44 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:Very good win. The team is starting to show some life. Belinelli looks real good, he is playing his role and finally has been getting the chance to show what he can do. Think BWright should have got more court time, especially with Crawford doing badly

I'm just praying he doesn't get burried on the bench when Monta and Regrette are back

make it happen then. He's now shown too much to let him sit and rot.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:57 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:

make it happen then. He's now shown too much to let him sit and rot.

Belinelli has really allowed for the trading of either or all of Crawford, Maggette and SJackson. He comes cheaper, is younger and more hungry, as he has finally received his chance. Be unbelievable (mean that) to get Baron back, with a guy like Kaman, for Crawford and Maggette and then have Nelson fired, replaced by Avery. Avery uses Kaman properly, relates well to the players and the team functions at its best.

Just a dream ofcourse :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:54 am
coltraning wrote:[ Watson can't play D either, btw (though I guess he gets a pass from some of the Crawford haters on this aspect of the game) but he shot the ball beautifully again tonight.

Although I had to work late and missed this game, I wont be a hypocrite, CJ Watson is a TERRIBLE defender as well. I guess the difference for me is that we are paying 711K for a guy who only plays one side of the court vs paying 9 mill a year for a guy who only plays one side of the court.

I am glad to hear that you observed Crawford "busting his ass" on D. He must be getting the message from Smart and that is great. I know he is a bad defender but there is no excuse for lack of effort and in the first 3 weeks or so as a warrior, he gave NO EFFORT on D. Next Warrior game I can catch I will pay close attention to see if I notice a difference in effort level.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:07 am
My whole thing on the game was Brandon not playing and Crawford playing. Why is Nellie playing Jax the whole game, that could have cost us when gets tired he wants to do the one on one thing. Marco deserves to play next to Monta when he returns, he is playing on both sides of the ball and like I have always said we have good ball movement with marco touching the ball. GO ROCKY
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:20 am

Ok, here it is ilgrongo, top of the list here bud =

http://bt.davka.info/

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:20 am
bigstrads wrote:

Ok, here it is ilgrongo, top of the list here bud =

http://bt.davka.info/

Many Many Thanks bigstrads :D

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:08 pm
Strange game because Toronto played really bad and shows little cohesion as a team. It reminds me of Lebron James and the spare change teams. Beating a bad team and having a good shooting night proves nothing for a 11-23 team. Toronto does not have talent around Bosh, we have a lot, lot of young talent that rots on the bench and 4-5 10 million dollar men that shoot a lot of bad shots, lousy 3 point percentage and low field goal percentage and can't play defense anymore (in Jackson case). There is no better way to draft stiffs (very undesirable lottery picks) and be mediocre with the development of back up guards (Belinelli and Watson) and the complete disregard of your bigs (AR and BW). We can't blame the young players for a league leading bad defense and a 11-23 record because the last time I checked players like Azu, Jackson, Crawford, Watson, Mags ate up the minutes. Its like the Musselhead era all over again, win a meaningless games for a coach that rather have an extra win or two and less ping pongs than actually play the young forwards.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:49 pm
coltraning wrote:
FishStix wrote: Sure, but it is astonishing to me the cherrypicking vitriol that goes on with this guy, it is sheer idiocy - the dude leads the team in scoring 1/2 the games he plays, as well as assists, is easily the least turnover-prone ball-handler on the team, is busting his ass out there, and others are celebrated for the occasional good game while he is vilified, and given grudging grunts for the 50 and 40 point games.

*Cough*Jackson*Cough* haha. I understand what youre saying though and I think the reason most people don't like him is because of our record in games with him playing. We don't have a lot of wins in general and in the losses there are many games where he had bad games so it magnifies his bad games as opposed to his good ones. Also the fact that, as TMC I think it was pointed out, the guy has been on the losing side his entire career doesnt help his image.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:06 pm
Looks like Nelson was calling the defense in this game.. It was bullshit Brandan never got back in.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads