Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2008-12-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors come out with a victory against the Raptors?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm

YES
69%
NO
31%

Total votes : 16

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:43 pm
GAH! the intensity

comon W's

my hearts going now, 4 pt game
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm
Watson is good, now give it to Belinelli, he is automatic on free throws.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:57 pm
:)

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:57 pm
The Rocky chants are pretty funny.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:01 pm
SFWarriors wrote:The Rocky chants are pretty funny.

theyre golden
8)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:06 pm
I love CJ Watson right now.

Oh and Crawford must die.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I love CJ Watson right now.

Just what I came here to say... except about Crawford dying, he doesnt need to die, he just needs to be traded for BD.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:31 pm
metalface wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I love CJ Watson right now.

Just what I came here to say... except about Crawford dying, he doesnt need to die, he just needs to be traded for BD.

But if he died we wouldn't have to take on BD's contract in return. Plus then we could trade Maggs for BD...it would be perfect. So we'd get rid of Maggs AND Crawford's contracts and only take Baron's. I like that plan.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:47 pm
Crawford had yet another TERRIBLE show tonight, but I still have some faith in the guy. When he's on, he's unstoppable, and I think its only a matter of time before he can find his niche and start playing more comfortably on our roster. Or we could trade him and Maggz away for BD, and all will be well again in the Warriors kingdom.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 am
Very good win. The team is starting to show some life. Belinelli looks real good, he is playing his role and finally has been getting the chance to show what he can do. Think BWright should have got more court time, especially with Crawford doing badly

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:07 am
FishStix wrote:Crawford had yet another TERRIBLE show tonight, but I still have some faith in the guy. When he's on, he's unstoppable, and I think its only a matter of time before he can find his niche and start playing more comfortably on our roster. Or we could trade him and Maggz away for BD, and all will be well again in the Warriors kingdom.

Is that the BD of the 35% shooting who missed his first six shots for the Clips last night? Just checking. well, I was actually at the game and watched Crawford closely, esp. on D off the ball (You know, what the camera DOESN'T show). Other than not shooting well, he did not have a terrible game. He was busting his ass on D. Did he have a bad game, offensively? Sure, but it is astonishing to me the cherrypicking vitriol that goes on with this guy, it is sheer idiocy - the dude leads the team in scoring 1/2 the games he plays, as well as assists, is easily the least turnover-prone ball-handler on the team, is busting his ass out there, and others are celebrated for the occasional good game while he is vilified, and given grudging grunts for the 50 and 40 point games.

The venom is beyond infantile and defines irrational, so I am not even going to bother commenting any more. If the Ws shooting guard who is 6th among ALL SHOOTING GUARDS in assists, assist/turnover ratio and 8th in scoring is to be shat all over by some warriors "fans", then whatever, slime away. (The sainted Baron Davis is 7, 7 and 9 respectively among point guards, btw)

As for the actual game itself, the Ws moved the ball beautifully, except for a stretch in the 2nd 1/2 when Jackson began doing 1 on 1. Belli is a special player, at least what he has shown the past 15 games, and other than Biedrins' congenital inability to make easy 2 footers, the center tandem is strong. Watson can't play D either, btw (though I guess he gets a pass from some of the Crawford haters on this aspect of the game) but he shot the ball beautifully again tonight.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:59 am
migya wrote:Very good win. The team is starting to show some life. Belinelli looks real good, he is playing his role and finally has been getting the chance to show what he can do. Think BWright should have got more court time, especially with Crawford doing badly

I'm just praying he doesn't get burried on the bench when Monta and Regrette are back

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:57 am
wow, they WON!!! I left at half time when they had the lead. Whoopee, no loss. Maybe we will have a few good streaks going, trade crawful and maggs... and 11 people predicted it, the win that is, in contrast to the 5 nayers... way to go Yays!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:35 am
Fu##### S##t

I missed the match. :sad1:
I couldn't wait until 4 a.m. here :sleeping:
Do you know if there's a torrent somewhere of the match ?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:55 am
migya wrote:Very good win. The team is starting to show some life. Belinelli looks real good, he is playing his role and finally has been getting the chance to show what he can do. Think BWright should have got more court time, especially with Crawford doing badly

see i missed the first quarter, but when i started watching the game and joined the chat, everyone said he was playing real well. Then, bam. Nothing. Not a single minute
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads