Game Thread: Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks 2008-12-19

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors win in Atlanta?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 pm

YES
5
22%
NO
18
78%
 
Total votes : 23

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:52 pm
Breakdown of the game (and of almost every game this year): We were good, and were winning. Then, we started sucking, and lost.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am
Location: Monterey
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 pm
From the Post game: Nelson called Smart his "defensive coordinator'' and Moncrief the "assistant defensive coordinator.''

Crawford said players had not been told about the changes.

"This is the first I've heard of it,'' Crawford said. "I hope it works. ... We need to get better.''

LMAO
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:59 pm
Where can I download the game? Stupid CSN doesn't offer Warrior games on OnDemand anymore.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:03 am
Location: Monterey
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:32 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Where can I download the game? Stupid CSN doesn't offer Warrior games on OnDemand anymore.
CSN might replay tonight, or tomorrow morning
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:41 am
We were good... until the 4th quarter.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:10 am
Sounds like we played well in stretches, mostly because S-Jax and Mags werent there.

Im reserving my glee at Brandan playing and playing well (as usual) until the next game............to see whether he gets a DNP or less than 10 minutes.

Question though, why is that Marco has one good stretch against the Thunder, then he plays 25 minutes against Milwaukee, plays well, now he is a starter, playing 35+ minutes a night?...............why is that when a guard does one thing or one game well, he then turns into a serious rotation player/starter but if Brandan or Randolph do good things.................they are benched and not encouraged to carry it on in the next game.

We will see.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:12 am
bigstrads wrote:Sounds like we played well in stretches, mostly because S-Jax and Mags werent there.

Im reserving my glee at Brandan playing and playing well (as usual) until the next game............to see whether he gets a DNP or less than 10 minutes.

Question though, why is that Marco has one good stretch against the Thunder, then he plays 25 minutes against Milwaukee, plays well, now he is a starter, playing 35+ minutes a night?...............why is that when a guard does one thing or one game well, he then turns into a serious rotation player/starter but if Brandan or Randolph do good things.................they are benched and not encouraged to carry it on in the next game.


Because Randolph and Wright are not 3pt shooters. There's a reason Kurz got to stay on while Hendrix was waived.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:19 am
JayPat wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Sounds like we played well in stretches, mostly because S-Jax and Mags werent there.

Im reserving my glee at Brandan playing and playing well (as usual) until the next game............to see whether he gets a DNP or less than 10 minutes.

Question though, why is that Marco has one good stretch against the Thunder, then he plays 25 minutes against Milwaukee, plays well, now he is a starter, playing 35+ minutes a night?...............why is that when a guard does one thing or one game well, he then turns into a serious rotation player/starter but if Brandan or Randolph do good things.................they are benched and not encouraged to carry it on in the next game.


Because Randolph and Wright are not 3pt shooters. There's a reason Kurz got to stay on while Hendrix was waived.


Well yeah, it was kind of rhetorical. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:18 am
Kruz is nobody!!! When Boozer and Millsap come to town then are gonna eat them up!!! I still can't believe we kept Williams over Hendrix
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:31 am
J-Rich wrote:Kruz is nobody!!! When Boozer and Millsap come to town then are gonna eat them up!!! I still can't believe we kept Williams over Hendrix


I am convinced it is because they want to use him as a part of a package to make a deal. Being a PG he has some value there and being an expirer he has even more value. He might just be the small extra incentive needed to move one of our redundant veterans.

I see no other reason to keep him over Hendrix when you already have 3 other PG's on the roster (Crawford, Nelson, and CJ) and another guard returning in Monta
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:45 am
Did I hear Fitz and Barnett say we are the top shot blocking team in the league? also that we are second in scoring?? :shock: :shock:

just get some decent defense and we'll be winning games....

I liked a lot of what I saw last night, go Marco and BWright!! Maybe Nelson is starting to listen to reason. Yet Crawford remained while shooting poorly. Wish we would have seen more Randolph. The whole game plan seems to go astray in the second half.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:47 am
Jackattack wrote:Did I hear Fitz and Barnett say we are the top shot blocking team in the league? also that we are second in scoring?? :shock: :shock:


Yes, both those things are true
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 am
bada wrote:
Jackattack wrote:Did I hear Fitz and Barnett say we are the top shot blocking team in the league? also that we are second in scoring?? :shock: :shock:


Yes, both those things are true


Yep, and apart from Beans............not one of our other shotblockers plays more than 17 minutes a night, with 2 of them not even guarenteed of getting into the game at all.

Thing is though, I think the only reason we get so many blocks is because most of guards get blown by so easily, and then its all rotational shot blocking, not good defense/man on man shot blocking.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:50 pm
Location: Vallejo
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:17 pm
wish i could have watched bellis performance... but was too busy at work. good to see belli progressing every game. We should definitely have him starting at pg till we figure how our lineup will be when ellis is back
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:22 pm
RUN HOME JACK wrote:wish i could have watched bellis performance... but was too busy at work. good to see belli progressing every game. We should definitely have him starting at pg till we figure how our lineup will be when ellis is back


TheBodyGuard wrote:Where can I download the game? Stupid CSN doesn't offer Warrior games on OnDemand anymore.


Merry Christmas fellas! :mrgreen: =

http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=10556
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron