Game Thread: Warriors @ Indiana Pacers 2008-12-17

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Troy Murphy have a big game against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:03 pm

YES
63%
NO
38%

Total votes : 24

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:42 pm
coltraning wrote:Biedrins watch...how many blown point blank shots is that? Has anyone done a count of how many blown 2 footers this guy does?

including tonight, probably around 126 missed two-footers.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 pm
fine wrote:
coltraning wrote:Biedrins watch...how many blown point blank shots is that? Has anyone done a count of how many blown 2 footers this guy does?

including tonight, probably around 126 missed two-footers.

Probably. I hate to say it, but other than Ben Wallace, there is not a starting center I can think of in the league with worse touch and range than our sainted Latvian bricker.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:17 pm
I always say that there are multiple chances to win a game and that loses cannot be blamed squarely on one person or one play... but there was litterally a dagger here that took the wind ENTIRELY out of our sails tonight, cueing the end of our chances at victory. I seriously SHOUTED at the TV when this friggin thing happened...

THE EXACT MOMENT WHERE WE LOST THE GAME:

Jarrett Jack is handling the ball at the top of the perimeter with less than 3 minutes left. The Warriors are rallying and looking close to sealing the deal for a rare road win. Jamal Crawford pesters Jack, but gets hit by Danny Granger with a top-of-the-key screen that Stephen Jackson must have failed to warn him about. Both Warriors collide. Granger rolls off to the top of the three-point arc and recieves the ball. Seeing as Granger is JACKSON's man, wouldn't it make sense for Stephen to bust ass and chase out to Danny to prevent a shot? Of course. But that's not what happened. "Captain Jack" securely placed his hand on Crawford's back and SHOVED his teammate out onto his man to cover his ass. Which leaves Jarrett Jack WIDE OPEN as Stephen Jackson litterally WALKS towards him. At which point, Granger rotates the ball back to Jack (now standing wide open on the wing) as Stephen Jackson finally senses what's going on and picks it up to a sluggish job. Too late. Naturally, Jack lets loose from the arc and the rest is history.

Dagger. Iced. Pacers take a lead they will NEVER relinquish.

All because Stephen Jackson got beat on a screen and didn't move his ass on a simple switch. Jesus Christ, I'm getting tired of watching this guy. I finally see what Indy fans were bitching about 2 years ago when we got him. Not hustling back on defense to bitch at a ref for a foul is one thing. But, holy sh*t man, to not even JOG at a guy whose already knocked down a couple three-pointers in the middle of a nail-biter when the ****ing game is ON THE LINE?!?

It is beyond pathetic for Don Nelson to not repremand Stephen Jackson for the type of play he has displayed in recent weeks. And I'll leave this post with a simple question: what would happen to <Al Harrington/Brandan Wright/Patrick O'Bryant/Anthony Randolph/Marco Belinelli> if they did the EXACT SAME THING...? Would they be starting the next game in Atlanta...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:23 pm
agree 32. Crawford is EVEN worse. Not talking about this particular play but Crawford puts absolutely NO effort on defense. he gets beat and he just stands there and watches the action instead of trying to rotate to the open man created by someone else trying to cut off the guy who just beat him. He literally just stands and watches. IT IS DISGUSTING.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:25 pm
amazing... biedrins averaging 15 and 12, shooting 56%, 23 yrs old and people in here are bagging on him for missing some shots... why dont you complain if he "sucks" when he's in his prime. suckers.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 pm
ceddy wrote:amazing... biedrins averaging 15 and 12, shooting 56%, 23 yrs old and people in here are bagging on him for missing some shots... why dont you complain if he "sucks" when he's in his prime. suckers.

agreed.

but we are all just frustrated.

what we need to remember is that the proper course of rightful anger is to call out the main culprits.

Nelson (mostly and every ****ing night), Jackson (esp. of late), and Rowell.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 pm
ceddy wrote:amazing... biedrins averaging 15 and 12, shooting 56%, 23 yrs old and people in here are bagging on him for missing some shots... why dont you complain if he "sucks" when he's in his prime. suckers.

This is not to offend you Colt, just saying it like it is. Colt has never liked Biedrins, as can be seen in posts from last season and, if I recall, the season before. I think it was Pest as well that didn't like him. In all truth, Pest brought up some very interesting stats about Biedrins in the fact that the guy he's guarding usually outplays him and some of them have career nights. Not sure about this season as I haven't checked up on it.

I for one am happy with Biedrins and this season he is definately a top 10 center. Pitty the team is losing, he deserves top be winning more

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:47 am
Problem with Biedrins is that he plays alone inside. I'm sure his defensive stats wouldn't look quite the same if Turiaf were playing more minutes by his side, or any other decent defensive PF.

But as long as he has Maggs or Jackson playing by your side, the opposing inside game is gonna have a field day with ours.

And not only their inside game. Granger "sprinkled" all over us this game, as did Jarrett Jack, Daniels... It's just disgusting how these no-names (which, obviously, doesn't include Granger) have career games against us.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:39 am
Ok, Im back to.............NO COMMENT.............not even because Im angry and totally sick of all this (which I am).............but simply because I/we have said the same things, after each and every game this year............theres no need to even point them out, they are the same as always.

So, Im sorry Colt............but Nelson is a c*nt. :evil:

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 am
Why is it that we always let a player have a 40 plus points on us, we need to send a old school message and put him on his ass. I still say that when we move the ball around we get good shots. Is it me or is it when Marco always makes that extra pass for a good shot, when he is open jack and crawford do not give it back. I t happened allot last night. Marco deserves playing time whem Monta comes back,

NELSON NEEDS TO BE FIRED, HE NEEDS TO SIT JACK & CRAWFORD WHEN THEY MAKE A MISTAKE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm
I really don't think AB is tough enough!!! I see him dunk the ball when he is wide open...But I don't recall too many times where he has dunked on someone!!!
Previous

Return to Game Threads