Game Thread: Warriors @ Oklahoma City Thunder 2008-12-08

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors streak end in Oklahoma?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:35 pm

YES
53%
NO
47%

Total votes : 19

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:29 pm
BWright has a very good game and yet only plays 22mins, that's disgraceful right there. Where was Randolph as well? If he wasn't injured than this is just stupid from Nelson, moreso even, as the team had injuries today and was a golden opportunity to play the young guys

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:47 pm
migya wrote:BWright has a very good game and yet only plays 22mins, that's disgraceful right there. Where was Randolph as well? If he wasn't injured than this is just stupid from Nelson, moreso even, as the team had injuries today and was a golden opportunity to play the young guys

A-Dolph had a wrist injury suffered in the previous game.

As for B-Wright, ............................................
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:48 am
Wright was benched by Nelson for not rebounding the ball when they needed it. Russell Westbrook snuck in, grabbed the offensive board and laid it in. The Thunder were on a run, making the 21-point lead to a 13 point lead after that layup. This was in the 3rd quarter around the 4-5 minute mark, I believe.

Don't really understand... so if Wright makes a mistake like that, he gets benched. But if Jackson or Maggette make a mistake like that, they stay in the game? Makes no sense... especially since Wright was having a fantastic game. His explanation would probably be "if you don't rebound, you don't play." Oh BS...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:41 am
I agree that Wright curently under achieves as a rebounder given his height.

But so does Turiaf.

Compare their rebounding numbers per 48.

If Wright is being benched for not pulling down enough boards why not the Frenchman?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:51 am
Meh................jesus, we cant even win against the f*cking Thunder without being annoyed, baffled, worried and bemused............PAthetic. :roll:

Me and Bada were talking yesterday, and both agreed (although I can believe Im going to say this for the first time in my life)............wed rather our boys keep losing and losing so Nelson can be fired already. :evil:
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:39 am
bigstrads wrote:Meh................jesus, we cant even win against the f*cking Thunder without being annoyed, baffled, worried and bemused............PAthetic. :roll:

Me and Bada were talking yesterday, and both agreed (although I can believe Im going to say this for the first time in my life)............wed rather our boys keep losing and losing so Nelson can be fired already. :evil:

yeah I was just saying the same thing yesterday!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:55 am
first off wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Meh................jesus, we cant even win against the f*cking Thunder without being annoyed, baffled, worried and bemused............PAthetic. :roll:

Yup me too. How much does that fkn suck though hey
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:16 am
Quazza wrote:
first off wrote:

Yup me too. How much does that fkn suck though hey

Thing is, after losing more and more, and playing worse and worse.............it would obviously make sense to fire Nelson.

However, 2 things =

1 - What in our organisation makes sense?...........at any point...............but especially in the last 6 months.

2 - They/we KNOW that Nelson would take them to the cleaners, and get all the money hes owed..............so wed be paying a new coach, whilst still paying Nelson that ridiculous amount of money too.

I think we are stuck with him you know. :cry:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:08 am
i still like that without our MVP and MSP everyone kinda made 10 or more points, that shows the ball was shared and our youngsters could overcome super durant night.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Previous

Return to Game Threads