Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2008-12-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors start off December with a victory?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:53 pm

YES
26%
NO
74%

Total votes : 19

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:56 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:I'm currently looking for a game torrent, so I'm not gonna comment on it til I'm done watching it.

Just disappointed it was another loss. Seems like we played exactly the same game we played against NY, good offense and no defense whatsoever. Nellie's trademark.

Hey man, torrent here =

http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=10485

Its in Russian but thats all we got.

If you dont have an account for that site, let me know Ill get you in, I got lots of invites again now. :wink:

Thanks, pal. Already downloading.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 am
As others have observed, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Ws offense, it was excellent, and the aggressiveness in getting to the foul line instead of settling for the outside shot was excellent. 46-51!!! Crawford and Maggette played excellent games, and anyone blaming them for the loss is not worth commenting on. The Ws have NO D. As Barnett observed, they cannot stop anyone. He came about as close as I have ever heard him come to criticizing Nelson. He said, after a series of particularly atrocious defensive sets, something like "you know , the problem is, let me stop myself and be careful how I say this. I'll just say the problems on defense are correctable." You don't have to be Einstein to know that even Barnett has had it with Nelson's utter lack of interest i or ability to coach defense. You cannot say the Ws didn't try -they killed themselves with effort, but they were raped on the offensive glass. One more thought - the refs bailed out the Ws twice. When Marion fouled out it was absolutely a charge on Maggette, and on the basket that Haslem made to send the game into overtime, he was hacked and they didn't call it.

The most sickening play to me was the Biedrins pass intercepted by Beaslye, following their failing to call the timeout Nelson wanted...utter mental breakdown.

Again, the offense was excellent, a lot of crisp ball movement, not very many forced threes at all, and to have only 9 turnovers in an overtime game with that many points is outstanding. The Ws can score against anyone, but their defense is maybe the worst I have seen in a long long time, and both of these are to be laid at Don Nelson's feet.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:41 pm
coltraning wrote: The Ws have NO D.

our defense has been non existent for years. the sad thing is this might be the worst its ever been. teams scoring 82 points on us in the 1st half is laughable. teams avg. 110 points per game against us.:oops: :mrgreen:

call me crazy but i do think its a quick fix. if we could get a dominant big man who could control the glass and defend the paint i think our defense would be much improved and capable of holding teams under 100 points.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:45 pm
Mr.KC wrote:

our defense has been non existent for years. the sad thing is this might be the worst its ever been. teams scoring 82 points on us in the 1st half is laughable. teams avg. 110 points per game against us.:oops: :mrgreen:

call me crazy but i do think its a quick fix. if we could get a dominant big man who could control the glass and defend the paint i think our defense would be much improved and capable of holding teams under 100 points.

Ok, your crazy :wink:..................how many "dominant" big men are there that could shore up OUR defense???..............3 or 4? who are untouchable of course.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:45 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:

Ok, your crazy..................how many "dominant" big men are there that could shore up OUR defense???..............3 or 4? who are untouchable of course.

blake griffin :?:

your right... its highly unlikely but its what we need. its improbable but not impossible.

and i take back the word "dominant"... replace that with good. if we could get a good big man who could control the boards and defend the paint i think our defense would do a 180.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:54 pm
coltraning wrote:As others have observed, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Ws offense, it was excellent, and the aggressiveness in getting to the foul line instead of settling for the outside shot was excellent. 46-51!!! Crawford and Maggette played excellent games, and anyone blaming them for the loss is not worth commenting on. The Ws have NO D. As Barnett observed, they cannot stop anyone. He came about as close as I have ever heard him come to criticizing Nelson. He said, after a series of particularly atrocious defensive sets, something like "you know , the problem is, let me stop myself and be careful how I say this. I'll just say the problems on defense are correctable." You don't have to be Einstein to know that even Barnett has had it with Nelson's utter lack of interest i or ability to coach defense. You cannot say the Ws didn't try -they killed themselves with effort, but they were raped on the offensive glass. One more thought - the refs bailed out the Ws twice. When Marion fouled out it was absolutely a charge on Maggette, and on the basket that Haslem made to send the game into overtime, he was hacked and they didn't call it.

The most sickening play to me was the Biedrins pass intercepted by Beaslye, following their failing to call the timeout Nelson wanted...utter mental breakdown.

Again, the offense was excellent, a lot of crisp ball movement, not very many forced threes at all, and to have only 9 turnovers in an overtime game with that many points is outstanding. The Ws can score against anyone, but their defense is maybe the worst I have seen in a long long time, and both of these are to be laid at Don Nelson's feet.

Nicely put and I agree.

However, in terms of Mags, the other crucial thing that bothered me was that 3-pt shot he didn’t even contest. He was right there and didn’t even bother jumping or raising his hand.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:04 am
Mr.KC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:

Ok, your crazy..................how many "dominant" big men are there that could shore up OUR defense???..............3 or 4? who are untouchable of course.

your right... its highly unlikely but its what we need. its improbable but not impossible.

and i take back the word "dominant"... replace that with good. if we could get a good big man who could control the boards and defend the paint i think our defense would do a 180.

We had a chance to go after Marcus Camby for a bag of chips, but didn't pursue it. Nelson would probably just sit him down, mostly, anyway and go back to fondling his small ball. :shock:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:20 am
CjR wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:

We had a chance to go after Marcus Camby for a bag of chips, but didn't pursue it. Nelson would probably just sit him down, mostly, anyway and go back to fondling his small ball. :shock:

Don't think anybody really knew Camby was headed out of Denver, especially for that cheap. You're right though, he would likely not be used much here anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 am
CjR wrote:
coltraning wrote:As others have observed, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Ws offense, it was excellent, and the aggressiveness in getting to the foul line instead of settling for the outside shot was excellent. 46-51!!! Crawford and Maggette played excellent games, and anyone blaming them for the loss is not worth commenting on. The Ws have NO D. As Barnett observed, they cannot stop anyone. He came about as close as I have ever heard him come to criticizing Nelson. He said, after a series of particularly atrocious defensive sets, something like "you know , the problem is, let me stop myself and be careful how I say this. I'll just say the problems on defense are correctable." You don't have to be Einstein to know that even Barnett has had it with Nelson's utter lack of interest i or ability to coach defense. You cannot say the Ws didn't try -they killed themselves with effort, but they were raped on the offensive glass. One more thought - the refs bailed out the Ws twice. When Marion fouled out it was absolutely a charge on Maggette, and on the basket that Haslem made to send the game into overtime, he was hacked and they didn't call it.

Nicely put and I agree.

However, in terms of Mags, the other crucial thing that bothered me was that 3-pt shot he didn’t even contest. He was right there and didn’t even bother jumping or raising his hand.

yeah, that was strange. Wonder if he was worried about a foul, since if he had gone up the shooter could have crashed into him.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 am
coltraning wrote:
CjR wrote:

Nicely put and I agree.

yeah, that was strange. Wonder if he was worried about a foul, since if he had gone up the shooter could have crashed into him.

Maybe, but I think his brain just froze because he didn’t even raise his hand. Also, he had a slight angle and could have jumped towards his left, thus avoiding the shooter but making an attempt for the block.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:10 am
migya wrote:
CjR wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:

Don't think anybody really knew Camby was headed out of Denver, especially for that cheap. You're right though, he would likely not be used much here anyway

We had to know. Denver just wanted cap relief, and most teams were/are over the cap and we were one of the very few who could afford it. I would imagine these few teams (us and Clips) were contacted to see what they could get. And guess what we traded for Marcus Williams (albeit lottery protected) just for him to rot on the bench. :banghead:
Previous

Return to Game Threads