Game Thread: Warriors @ Boston Celtics 2008-11-25

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors pull an upset against the Celtics?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:08 pm

YES
3
25%
NO
9
75%
 
Total votes : 12


Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:10 pm
man, u guys better shut it up. The calls didnt go are way. plus THERE THE GOSH DARN CHAMPIONS. I'm tired of the same few idiots making the same stupid comments. I, Mr. KC, and Stuckinsocal, seem to be the ones having to respond to these dumb comments often, but are often obscured cuz of the idiocracy.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:13 pm
errr...they just played the defending champs in Boston, team with a few fellas named Garnett, Allen and Pierce, yup,the same team that DOMINATED the Lakers in the finals, and played them well, scoring more points than have been scored on the Celtics all year, IN BOSTOn on the back end of a back to back- - I swear, dareedle, you epitomize anhedonia, you put the neg in negativity

The Ws would have beaten 90% of the teams in the league playing like this tonight, and that is pretty damn good for a team that is a mid-level team at best, right now. Other than Jackson and Maggette having simply great games, nice to see Crawford contribute...lucky them, now they go on to play the Lebrons, a team that is undefeated at home...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:14 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:man, u guys better shut it up. The calls didnt go are way. plus THERE THE GOSH DARN CHAMPIONS. I'm tired of the same few idiots making the same stupid comments. I, Mr. KC, and Stuckinsocal, seem to be the ones having to respond to these dumb comments often, but are often obscured cuz of the idiocracy.

yup, except your tagline makes no sense since I fixed mine!
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:man, u guys better shut it up. The calls didnt go are way. plus THERE THE GOSH DARN CHAMPIONS. I'm tired of the same few idiots making the same stupid comments. I, Mr. KC, and Stuckinsocal, seem to be the ones having to respond to these dumb comments often, but are often obscured cuz of the idiocracy.


generally... you never wanna depend on the refs to win you a game... did some calls get missed? yes... but is that why we lost??? no...

we got back into this game by playing a more traditional lineup... turiaf and andris were on the floor together and they had trouble scoring the ball... 4th quarter... we go back to small ball, and we gave up too many points...

say what you want... but i dont think all the name calling is necessary... sounds like you want a cookie for being optimistic or something...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

Role Player
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:18 pm
dareedle wrote:Is Nellie in Maui? That was some really bad coaching, predictable 4th quarter choke, but still bad. Starting as the new Warriors center, Corey fricking Maggette with Jackson as your PF, Azu your three, Jamal no defense, and Monta Ellis as the point if he ever returns. Maybe we can get Gugs or Seikly in return for Biedrins.


That's some really bad English.

All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 pm
rizon wrote:
rizon wrote:
8th ave wrote:i dont have a good feeling about this one... i think everything is just gonna start falling apart


well it's time to get a proper lineup back in! the small ball was good for a run, but god, how thick-headed is nellie


and what happened to ball movement?


Nellie sure is thick headed. As a coach u have to stay with what is working and the traditional line up and and make adjustment for the 2nd half to add to that lead. Why did we have small ball line up at the end of the game.

I know it was the Celtics we played against and they do know how to turn it on during key quarters(3rd and 4th) but the Nellie needs to keep stressing what was working while we had the lead, instead he went back to his old ways at the end with small ball.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 pm
Gotta stick with the big lineup that kept us in the game!!! I've always suggested that S-Jax is the (SG), Ellis (PG), Maggette (SF), Biedrins (C) and either Turiaf or Wright at the (PF)...

FFFuuckk that Crawford and Ellis midget backcourt!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 pm
Turiaf gets the starting nod at the PF everytime he gets minutes he gets his swats!!! And is another big body to help skinny asss Beans!!!

All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:45 pm
J-Rich wrote:Gotta stick with the big lineup that kept us in the game!!! I've always suggested that S-Jax is the (SG), Ellis (PG), Maggette (SF), Biedrins (C) and either Turiaf or Wright at the (PF)...

FFFuuckk that Crawford and Ellis midget backcourt!!!


Yea if its working why change it. I think Crawford and Ellis can co-exist its more the foward and center posistion am concerned about. The defense in the middle was incredible with Beans and Turaif in the game. Why change that.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:58 pm
8th ave wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:man, u guys better shut it up. The calls didnt go are way. plus THERE THE GOSH DARN CHAMPIONS. I'm tired of the same few idiots making the same stupid comments. I, Mr. KC, and Stuckinsocal, seem to be the ones having to respond to these dumb comments often, but are often obscured cuz of the idiocracy.


generally... you never wanna depend on the refs to win you a game... did some calls get missed? yes... but is that why we lost??? no...

we got back into this game by playing a more traditional lineup... turiaf and andris were on the floor together and they had trouble scoring the ball... 4th quarter... we go back to small ball, and we gave up too many points...

say what you want... but i dont think all the name calling is necessary... sounds like you want a cookie for being optimistic or something...


no, im pissed cuz people are acting like we played bad. We didnt play bad. And then people are calling for heads to come off, and saying we suck. They need to shut up. We went small ball cuz Turiaf got hurt. Wright was ineffective, whats the point putting him in. Crawford played pretty good, and Jax, and Maggs. We are still a couple pieces shy .

i think people forget Monta is out, he's only like the teams best player. We play good as a team w/out its star. HELLO, WE WONT DO MUCH WITHOUT HIM OUT, AND LASTING THIS FAR IN A GAME AGAINST THE CHAMPS AT THEIR HOME IS PRETTY F*ING GOOD!
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:04 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:13 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
8th ave wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:man, u guys better shut it up. The calls didnt go are way. plus THERE THE GOSH DARN CHAMPIONS. I'm tired of the same few idiots making the same stupid comments. I, Mr. KC, and Stuckinsocal, seem to be the ones having to respond to these dumb comments often, but are often obscured cuz of the idiocracy.


generally... you never wanna depend on the refs to win you a game... did some calls get missed? yes... but is that why we lost??? no...

we got back into this game by playing a more traditional lineup... turiaf and andris were on the floor together and they had trouble scoring the ball... 4th quarter... we go back to small ball, and we gave up too many points...

say what you want... but i dont think all the name calling is necessary... sounds like you want a cookie for being optimistic or something...


no, im pissed cuz people are acting like we played bad. We didnt play bad. And then people are calling for heads to come off, and saying we suck. They need to shut up. We went small ball cuz Turiaf got hurt. Wright was ineffective, whats the point putting him in. Crawford played pretty good, and Jax, and Maggs. We are still a couple pieces shy .

i think people forget Monta is out, he's only like the teams best player. We play good as a team w/out its star. HELLO, WE WONT DO MUCH WITHOUT HIM OUT, AND LASTING THIS FAR IN A GAME AGAINST THE CHAMPS AT THEIR HOME IS PRETTY F*ING GOOD!


hey bud, the majority of us weren't expecting us to even be in the game, so it's understood that it should be a positive that we gave the defending champs a game.

but here's the thing. it's the same feeling i had opening night against the hornets. i think we have the talent to win games like this, but all too often coaching has hindered us, especially down the stretch. randolph picks up two fouls, both questionable, and both when blocking the **** out of the ball. why never bring him back?

i've said time and again that small ball is great... in spurts. but when you just leave them in, they're bound to get crushed eventually. turiaf was playing well when taken out. fine, but bring him back after the small ball trick has run it's duration. sure, he got hurt, and sure bwright was scared tonight, but where was randolph then instead of an entire 4th quarter of smalls? and you know what, if not randolph, why not even kurz for a minute? we all know he's probably reached his ceiling in terms of talent, but nevertheless, in that minute he was in, he played well and at least put a bigger body down low.

rant over.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:20 pm
U kidding me?? Biedrins let almost defender get inside shots against him!!!

U guys are so entertained about having a high scoring backcourt that your forget about the defense, rebounding and other areas of the game...

That's why coaches like Phil Jackson are mostly successful because he like to have guards that are tall and interchangable!!! None of this midget (Hey guys in open!!! Get me the ball I'm waiting at the 3pt line!!!) Crawford and Ellis is not J-rich and BD!!!

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:36 pm
rizon wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
8th ave wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:man, u guys better shut it up. The calls didnt go are way. plus THERE THE GOSH DARN CHAMPIONS. I'm tired of the same few idiots making the same stupid comments. I, Mr. KC, and Stuckinsocal, seem to be the ones having to respond to these dumb comments often, but are often obscured cuz of the idiocracy.


generally... you never wanna depend on the refs to win you a game... did some calls get missed? yes... but is that why we lost??? no...

we got back into this game by playing a more traditional lineup... turiaf and andris were on the floor together and they had trouble scoring the ball... 4th quarter... we go back to small ball, and we gave up too many points...

say what you want... but i dont think all the name calling is necessary... sounds like you want a cookie for being optimistic or something...


no, im pissed cuz people are acting like we played bad. We didnt play bad. And then people are calling for heads to come off, and saying we suck. They need to shut up. We went small ball cuz Turiaf got hurt. Wright was ineffective, whats the point putting him in. Crawford played pretty good, and Jax, and Maggs. We are still a couple pieces shy .

i think people forget Monta is out, he's only like the teams best player. We play good as a team w/out its star. HELLO, WE WONT DO MUCH WITHOUT HIM OUT, AND LASTING THIS FAR IN A GAME AGAINST THE CHAMPS AT THEIR HOME IS PRETTY F*ING GOOD!


hey bud, the majority of us weren't expecting us to even be in the game, so it's understood that it should be a positive that we gave the defending champs a game.

but here's the thing. it's the same feeling i had opening night against the hornets. i think we have the talent to win games like this, but all too often coaching has hindered us, especially down the stretch. randolph picks up two fouls, both questionable, and both when blocking the **** out of the ball. why never bring him back?

i've said time and again that small ball is great... in spurts. but when you just leave them in, they're bound to get crushed eventually. turiaf was playing well when taken out. fine, but bring him back after the small ball trick has run it's duration. sure, he got hurt, and sure bwright was scared tonight, but where was randolph then instead of an entire 4th quarter of smalls? and you know what, if not randolph, why not even kurz for a minute? we all know he's probably reached his ceiling in terms of talent, but nevertheless, in that minute he was in, he played well and at least put a bigger body down low.

rant over.


Good Points rizen, i somewhat disagree/agree on this.

heres my problem with Randolph's blocks (which were legit tonight). he needs to use the blocks as an advantage of a possession change. Now this game is not a great example cuz the foul calls, but often he does this great block, but its still the opponents ball. Like, he will give them another possession. I blame this on youth, and I'm sure he will take this to an advantage someday, as he is a talented kid. Now, i do think Nelly should of played Randolph in the third, and u are right on this part. but by the fourth, the kid had been in the bench so long that it would of been ineffective, so because he didnt play him on the third, not playing him on the four was justified.

Remember, Turiaf got hurt. Thats why he came out. he went back in, was very ineffective (maybe wrist still bothering him?) and went back out. By that time, its catchup time.

I wonder what was the free throw difference in the 3rd/4th, man, boston was all over that.


J-Rich wrote: That's why coaches like Phil Jackson are mostly successful because he like to have guards that are tall and interchangable!!! None of this midget (Hey guys in open!!! Get me the ball I'm waiting at the 3pt line!!!) Crawford and Ellis is not J-rich and BD!!!


and J-rich, u continue to say dumb comments. I defended u early on from Bigs when he slashed u, but i see why. You are so illogical. Monta hasn't even played this season, crawford just played 2 games (which he looked much better today then yesterday). Did u see crawford, he played like a pg, with his cuts, and drive ins, and most importantly, his passing (the best thing to a point guard by far in this team).

seriously, did u watch the game or read the box score?
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:13 pm
man just saw the highlights of this game on sportscenter. I just threw up in my mouth a little. I'm not blaming it on the taco bell i had for dinner.
100.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:16 pm
That's how I feel!!! That midget backcourt ain't gonna get it done!!! Ellis and S-Jax for president and vice president...

Please keep your dumb comments to yourself!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron