Game Thread: Warriors @ Philadelphia 76ers 2008-11-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back and win one in Philly?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:45 pm

YES
62%
NO
38%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 pm
wow..

we eff it up so badly late game.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:
pollykraker wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
pollykraker wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
pollykraker wrote:oh and by the way bigs.. your complaining about young guys playing.. in that celtics lineup there is only 2 young guys playing....

so far tonight we have gotten 2 young guys good minutes... so.... dont see what your point is with that.

toooo many people whine and cry all the time on this board.. thats why i barely talk on it... you guys are annoying

People who whine and complain about people who they think whine and complain.............now thats funny. :mrgreen:

Go back to not talking much bud.

so your only reply back is about me complaining about you... you have nothing to say about the actual info i made in the post.... your celtic comment doesnt make sense.... its only 2 young guys in the lineup... how does that really back up what you are saying about playing young guys?? it doesnt...

Fine, I just though complaining about complaining was quite funny.

Look, I wasnt happy in the first half, and with most of our games this season because we dont/didnt have any kind of rotation and the young guys werent getting good time..............look whats happend when we have played this young lineup? the best ball we have played all year is when the 2-3 of the young guys are out there.

The Boston point was also about using their bench, aswell as Glen Davis and Powe..........trusting these guys, which Nellie is doing right now, and its working..........so what was wrong with the other games where most of the guys who are getting us in this game right now were getting DNP's or 10 mins max.

well now this post makes a lot more sense and I can respect that..you just mention young guys in the celtics post so i was responding off of that.... i thing that when ha plays a 9 man rotation we do have a better team, but at the same moment, guys like randolph and wright cant be in there for 15 straight minutes and are better in 5 min spurts... seems to me like morrow and wright been playing consistent min the last 4 games or soo...

i wasnt trying to get in a fight or be disrespectful to ya though, not trying to do that on a MB

Cool............however, at what point did I mention only the young guys =

bigstrads wrote:I watched the end of the Boston vs Toronto game earlier............Boston was up by 12 when the 4th started, what did they do??? =

They played Glen Davis, Leon Powe, Brian Scalabrine, Tony Allen and Eddie House then rest of the way!!!............and they held the lead, and extended it actually............now is that unit better than our second unit? = no.

Thats why I didnt respond..............because you maybe didnt read what I wrote properly.

well above that statement you made.. you actually were complaining about that young guys not playing.. and then went into the rant about that lineup...so one would assume thats what you still were talking about...

but we all know what happens when someone assumes something..

no worries misunderstanding.. no need to keep talking about it
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:16 pm
THUNK... off the rim.. and it's over... Jax takes some ugly shots...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:17 pm
when it was 76-76 Nelson should have changed the lineup or take a time out, imo
Latvians are balts, not slavics.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:19 pm
the best play we can run when the game was tied was a ISO to Morrow???????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:20 pm
MacGyver wrote:when it was 76-76 Nelson should have changed the lineup or take a time out, imo

Yup...........Nellie just seems to have lost all recognition of what a rotation is............its either one set of players for long stretches, or another.

The Sixers rested Brand/Miller to start the 4th, we kept flogging the same horse and it worked until they got tired..........sooner or later, that horse is going to die.
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:23 pm
Lets go MARCO! wrote:the best play we can run when the game was tied was a ISO to Morrow???????? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

he was hot man....

and it wasnt an iso... it was an inbound play with morrow coming off the screen for a 3... he was covered so he had to take his dribble... the play call was fine for me... you must not know what morrow is capable of...

i wouldnt have mind a maggette drive to the hoop tho... but whatever... games over...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:34 pm
Nelly needs to sit Jax down and tell him to stop playing like he's Kobe, its getting to the point where i really believe that he actually thinks he's a top ten player, or just doesnt trust his teamates. He does some of the most mind boggling plays on offense ive ever seen, then misses defensive plays cause he's still down court with the reffs arguing a no call. He needs to pull it back, big time
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:17 pm
Our big men will really never be able to develop under Nellie!!! Even against a huge big lineup he goes with the midget lineup!!! AB will get tired eventually!!!

He needs to go to another lineup...S-Jax and Buke are gonna hit the wall pretty soon...It bothers me everytime when S-Jax has games like this 5-14!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:19 pm
Morrow has cooled down already!!! Time to stop experimenting and go with a bigger lineup!!!

I want to see a rotation of Maggette, S-Jax, Randolph, Wright and AB

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:32 pm
J-Rich wrote:Morrow has cooled down already!!! Time to stop experimenting and go with a bigger lineup!!!

I want to see a rotation of Maggette, S-Jax, Randolph, Wright and AB

so going from one extreme to another will solve it :roll:

i think instead of randolph, we can have crawford in there, and he be our pg, so it looks more normal sized. sure i think ur lineup j-rich is possible for few minute stretches, but like small ball, too much extreme will result in broken dreams.

plus when monta comes back (assuming he is monta of old), then we can have him or crawford as the starter/six man. I would also assume that if monta comes to be as great as he once was, we would be trading someone (one of our sg/sfs) for either a vet pg, or a big man.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:18 pm
Crawful is a very weak rebounder!!! I don't know why everyone expects him to start on a team that is weak in rebounding and defense!!! He has averaged about 2 rebounds a game for the last few seasons!!! That is ffuccking pathetic!!! You put him and Monta together.

Yeah, he's a big time scorer that's it!!! I'd rather have Buke and Monta out there!!! With Crawford and Morrow coming off the bench!!!

Wow!!! That's gonna be a site Crawford and Jackson chucking it up!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:22 pm
J-Rich wrote:Crawful is a very weak rebounder!!! I don't know why everyone expects him to start on a team that is weak in rebounding and defense!!! He has averaged about 2 rebounds a game for the last few seasons!!! That is ffuccking pathetic!!! You put him and Monta together.

Yeah, he's a big time scorer that's it!!! I'd rather have Buke and Monta out there!!! With Crawford and Morrow coming off the bench!!!

Wow!!! That's gonna be a site Crawford and Jackson chucking it up!!!

Because you don't make a player who's being paid 8-9 million come off the bench.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:43 pm
Well then it's settled the Dubs are gonna get killed just like what's gonna happen to the Gordon and Hinrich backcourt of the past...

I can't wait!!! 8)

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:45 am
8th ave wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:COME ON!!!............whats getting us back in the game huh??? energy, hustle, D and movement FROM THE BENCH!!!

They're just actually making shots and layups...and playing a tiny bit of D...they've got three bigs in so they're blocking shots.

Exactly............funny what happens when you actually have a real team, that makes sense, out there.

yeah... our youngins our bringing us back...

btw bigs... i kinda dont buy the whole "they dont get PT so they they're nervous when they play"

you gotta be ready at all times....

You can't sit someone, then throw him in, then not, then yank him, then not use him when he is expecting to be used, etc, etc. That is called "yanking your chain", a Nelson trait. People don't respond well to that. The Ws over the Nelson years have certainly proven that.

People respond better to roles and a steady hand at the helm. Anyone who has had an erratic coach or boss knows that people just get all nervous and defensive, and actually resentful.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads