Game Thread: Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers 2008-11-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Maggette have a big night against the Clippers?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm

YES
62%
NO
38%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm
Golden State Warriors (3 - 6) @ Los Angeles Clippers (1 - 7)

Start time: 12:30 PM PST @ The Staples Center
Local TV: CSN Bay Area (Also available in HD)

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Corey Maggette
SF - Kelenna Azubuike
SG - Stephen Jackson
PG - C.J. Watson

Probable starters for the Los Angeles Clippers:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Chris Kaman
PF - Marcus Camby
SF - Al Thornton
SG - Cuttino Mobley
PG - Baron Davis

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Jackson (22.3) | A. Thornton (16.4)
RPG - A. Biedrins (14.8) | C. Kaman (9.9)
APG - S. Jackson (6.0) | B. Davis (7.6)
SPG - C. Maggette (1.4) | B. Davis (1.4)
BPG - R. Turiaf (2.1) | M. Camby (2.8)
Last edited by krome on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 pm
Sadly I don't think we win this one. We're the better team, but Baron is going to have an unbelievable day and destroy us...he's like that.

Anyone else think it's weird that the Clippers all have the same skin tone (except for the obvious exception).

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Sadly I don't think we win this one. We're the better team, but Baron is going to have an unbelievable day and destroy us...he's like that.

Anyone else think it's weird that the Clippers all have the same skin tone (except for the obvious exception).

Yeah i agree, baron wants revenge. but hopefully Maggette wants it too.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:36 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Sadly I don't think we win this one. We're the better team, but Baron is going to have an unbelievable day and destroy us...he's like that.

Too bad Maggette is no where near as good as Baron.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:43 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

It's definitely going to be a bittersweet game. Baron represents a golden era for us Warrior fans, despite it being just 2 years.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:44 pm
chinchilla13 wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

It's definitely going to be a bittersweet game. Baron represents a golden era for us Warrior fans, despite it being just 2 years.

Eh...for me Baron represents the "jacked up too many ridiculous 3's" era, or the "was really good, but only tried 2/3 of the time" era...either one, I don't miss him at all.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm
Hopefully we get this one. They're 1-7, however, and we always lose to teams that are far worse than we are.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am
Please no more Maggette at the PF. Start Wright!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 am
NightAngel wrote:Please no more Maggette at the PF. Start Wright!!

Couldn't agree more.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:54 am
Cuttino "Orenthal James" Mobley anyone?

I voted Maggette not having a big game, but I believe, or at the very least hope, the Warriors can pull this one out. Let's have Randolph+Beans+Wright on the court again.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:06 am
Sadly, as bad as they are............ its going to be a tough game as Baron will want to highlight the error of letting him go of course...........and The Cat/Warrior Killer Mobley always has great games against us.

Crossing my fingers for an emotional victory in this one. [-o<
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:51 am
bigstrads wrote:Sadly, as bad as they are............

I don't really get this. Going by their starting lineup, the Clippers are good enough to be a playoff team. All that "as bad as they are" is bullsh*t. The only one that truly s*cks in the Clippers organization is their coach, who has been one of the luckiest coaches in the league after being chosen to coach the Lakers when Magic was still playing and the Blazers when they had the best roster in the whole NBA, and still is unable to have a .500 record. Not counting those two rosters, he has ONE winning season in his resume in 9 seasons. Any other coach would have been out of the league with half of that record.

Going back to the Clippers, I don't think we match up too well against them, particularly (and pretty obvious, too) at PG. As somebody said above, Baron is gonna kill us.

Clips by 12.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:03 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Sadly, as bad as they are............

I don't really get this. Going by their starting lineup, the Clippers are good enough to be a playoff team. All that "as bad as they are" is bullsh*t. The only one that truly s*cks in the Clippers organization is their coach, who has been one of the luckiest coaches in the league after being chosen to coach the Lakers when Magic was still playing and the Blazers when they had the best roster in the whole NBA, and still is unable to have a .500 record. Not counting those two rosters, he has ONE winning season in his resume in 9 seasons. Any other coach would have been out of the league with half of that record.

Going back to the Clippers, I don't think we match up too well against them, particularly (and pretty obvious, too) at PG. As somebody said above, Baron is gonna kill us.

Clips by 12.

:mrgreen: ............I should have written "As bad as they have been playing" record wise.

I agree, on paper, their team should be alot better record wise than it is...........and agree that this is mostly down to poor mixture of coach/ing style and player personel not fitting with that.

The only reason I did say that, is because I think there team is good!!!..........and will probably beat us purely because of the players they have, so Im not really saying they ARE bad, just that they are playing and organised poorly.

Know what I mean? :wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:08 am
I will be curious to see what happens at the game. I am sure most people will boo him because of the fact that most of the people at the oracle are band wagon fans and still dont know anything behind the story of baron and rowell. I say clips beat us. davis will score as much as Azu and Watson combined. Davis may have been struggling so far this season... but tomorrow he will play with something to prove. I have been bored as of late with the warriors win or loss... only time i was interested was just to watch Wright, Randolph, and sometimes belli get his one or two touches. Other than hoping that our young guys pan out.. The only player i enjoy watching the most is Beans... He is one player on the team that i believe the rest of the league will be talking about for the rest of the year.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:32 am
bigstrads wrote: :mrgreen: ............I should have written "As bad as they have been playing" record wise.

I agree, on paper, their team should be alot better record wise than it is...........and agree that this is mostly down to poor mixture of coach/ing style and player personel not fitting with that.

The only reason I did say that, is because I think there team is good!!!..........and will probably beat us purely because of the players they have, so Im not really saying they ARE bad, just that they are playing and organised poorly.

Know what I mean? :wink:

Ok, "as bad as they've been playing". We both win. :wink:
Next

Return to Game Threads