Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2008-11-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors defend their homecourt against the Pistons?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:22 pm

YES
48%
NO
52%

Total votes : 21

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:45 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
monchu wrote:
J-Rich wrote:AB has that nervous look!!! Where you know he is gonna miss one!!!

1/2 FT is better that a TO where we even give up points to the other side. CJ too many TOs!

All you CJ people need to chill out. The guy's in his second year and his first full year. Just like Buike last year...he's practically a rookie, cut him a little slack.

for me... i am piss because I expect him to be better than that. You are right, he is still a rook but does that mean we cannot discuss about his bone headed mistakes?

BTW.... I dont seem to understand why wright was playing only 17 minutes, was he in foul trouble????
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:48 pm
Lets go MARCO! wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
monchu wrote:

1/2 FT is better that a TO where we even give up points to the other side. CJ too many TOs!

All you CJ people need to chill out. The guy's in his second year and his first full year. Just like Buike last year...he's practically a rookie, cut him a little slack.

for me... i am piss because I expect him to be better than that. You are right, he is still a rook but does that mean we cannot discuss about his bone headed mistakes?

BTW.... I dont seem to understand why wright was playing only 17 minutes, was he in foul trouble????

Nah I give you that, you can discuss them, but there are a lot of people calling for Williams over him (not just on this board, on my other one too), and that is just silly. Watson is doing very well for his experience level and his time in the league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:49 pm
Lets go MARCO! wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
monchu wrote:

Because a rookie is going to make bone headed mistakes. LeBron did it in his rookie year. MJ did it too. Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley are doing the same on their teams, respectively.

When you have a team full of young players, you completely have to accept the fact that you're not going to win and you're going to see a whole lot of mistakes. They will piss you off, they will be growing pains. But if these kids don't make mistakes now, they'll never learn as they progress. These kids are KIDS. They aren't veterans. They're still learning the game. Making mistakes as a young player is a good thing. If you don't like it, that's too bad. Because it's going to happen ALL 82 GAMES.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:58 am
Man, another tough one to swallow............another close one.............another 3rd qtr meltdown.

Why did Turiaf not play more against the big front court of Detroit??? he had 11 minutes, isnt that why we signed him??? to compete with big teams like Detroit. :roll:

Prince had 16 rebounds!!! Im sure Brandan could have prevented quite a few of those if hed played more than 17 minutes, hell, he had 9 pts/6 rbs/2 blks in that time..........why not more?

Well, atleast it was a mildy respectable score line on national TV, Beans carried on his double double streak and monstrous numbers.............thats all I got on the positive side.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:33 pm
Great first half. Horrible second half.

We are actually running plays, passing underneath the net!!!!!, getting points off offensive rebounds.. All of these are very positive and were much needed.

Things fell apart after Andris missed the dunk. Stupid mistakes and bad free throw shooting killed it for them. At the end they were just panicking.

It's tough to see this team, that looked like it was building upon something for the last couple of years, go back into rebuilding mode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Previous

Return to Game Threads