Game Thread: Minnesota Timberwolves @ Warriors 2008-11-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Can Don Nelson turn this team around?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:29 pm

47%
YES
8
53%
NO
9

Total votes: 17

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3618
» Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:29 pm
JayPat wrote:Needed victory, even though we struggled. Morrow and Randolph looked pretty good, although Randolph needs to improve his shot selection. Azubuike is really becoming a force, and Wright had another strong showing to fortify his position as a rotation player. Our D looked pretty awful at times...


good analysis... our d was HORRIBLE in the 3rd... our team just forgot how to box out that quarter... this wouldve been a horrible lost. good thing we pulled it out in the last 5 minutes of the 4th... good win... i'll take it

Rookie
Posts: 12
» Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 pm
Our D was atrocious at rebounds, but give the Wolves some credit in the 3rd where they seemed to shoot lights out. Turnovers were the big problem though. Empty possession after empty possession because of a bad pass, forced in the lane, or offensive fouls (The last one on Beans though was mega bullshit). Look at the shot differential, 110 for wolves, 80 for dubs. The warriors thankfully made it up at the line, shooting 29-37, with Azu going perfect after his first quarter 2 misses.

The defense stepped up a lot at the end.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:49 pm
Brandan Wright, Brandan Wright, Brandan Wright.

Did anyone notice of how much of a difference he made once he finally was subbed in the 4th? Rebounds, defense, offense was all there FINALLY after the dry spell.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:54 am
Wow..............

S-Jax = 48 mins, Azu = 49 mins, Beans = 43 mins..............all that, JUST to beat the Wolves..............in overtime...............sigh.

Well, a win is a win.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:38 am
bigstrads wrote:Well, a win is a win.


I was gonna say something, but that sums it all quite well. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:18 am
JayPat wrote:Needed victory, even though we struggled. Morrow and Randolph looked pretty good, although Randolph needs to improve his shot selection. Azubuike is really becoming a force, and Wright had another strong showing to fortify his position as a rotation player. Our D looked pretty awful at times...



if buike can get that three pointer to start dropping , damn he will make some noise

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:22 am
bigstrads wrote:Wow..............

S-Jax = 48 mins, Azu = 49 mins, Beans = 43 mins..............all that, JUST to beat the Wolves..............in overtime...............sigh.

Well, a win is a win.


i still give nellie a ton of credit....when we were down big to start the game nellie switched it all up to have us pull right out of our funk.

surprized to see buike stayed out on the floor that long , jack and beans yeah nothing new but buike had a ton of minutes...i hope his three's start falling
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 155
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:22 am
Morrow played good that kid can shoot.He shot 70% from behind the arc in the summer league.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1143
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:38 am
Buike needs to stop shooting and take it to the hole. That guy is a force driving in the lanes. Excellent finisher too. :D
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:05 am
Let's see, last year we would have jumped out to a 20 pt lead only to watch it disappear in the third quarter with dismal D, then have a run somewhere in the late 3rd or early 4rth quarter and squeak out a win.

This year we seem to be destined to have tight games.. with a few exceptions.

I noticed people are beating us with the fast break a lot. Who told them they could steal our game....
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2860
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 am
Jackattack wrote:Let's see, last year we would have jumped out to a 20 pt lead only to watch it disappear in the third quarter with dismal D, then have a run somewhere in the late 3rd or early 4rth quarter and squeak out a win.

This year we seem to be destined to have tight games.. with a few exceptions.

I noticed people are beating us with the fast break a lot. Who told them they could steal our game....


yeah true. you can watch the young guys after we shoot and the other team secures the rebound, they are still ball watching or they try to go for a steal. Hopefully that will change soon.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 am
Is it just me, or is the officiating really bad? I couldnt believe all of the moving screen calls on Biedrins last night. Also, you never see the amount of charges called at the end of the game as you do when the Dubs play. I watch a fair amount of games and I know Im a bit biased, but it seems like game after game down the stretch the officiating is consistently bad against the Warriors. How many times can a moving center draw a charge on a point guard? Also, how many times was Al Jeffersons 4th foul announced last night?

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 am
"Always" Next wrote:Is it just me, or is the officiating really bad? I couldnt believe all of the moving screen calls on Biedrins last night. Also, you never see the amount of charges called at the end of the game as you do when the Dubs play. I watch a fair amount of games and I know Im a bit biased, but it seems like game after game down the stretch the officiating is consistently bad against the Warriors. How many times can a moving center draw a charge on a point guard? Also, how many times was Al Jeffersons 4th foul announced last night?


yeah that f*cker had 7 or 8 fouls by the end of the game. he shoulda been fouled out with 9 minutes left in the 4th.

All Star
Posts: 3310
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:21 am
Quetzalcoatl wrote:Morrow played good that kid can shoot.He shot 70% from behind the arc in the summer league.


yeah...now he just needs to learn how to play D.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm
I used to think we fans were just sensitive, but I've definitely noticed a media bias lately when they report about GSW games.

For OUR win against the nuggets, ESPN talked about Carmelo the entire segment, and just merely mentioned the Warriors won at the end.

Then I saw a quick rundown of NBA this morning and the clip they showed of a WARRIORS WIN... was Azubuike getting the ball stolen... wtf?

:banghead:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests