Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2008-11-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors beat the new look Nuggets?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:28 pm

YES
36%
NO
64%

Total votes : 11

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:01 am
seriously... stop using AL. if he wants to be traded so badly then bench his ass. I still need to see Belli and AR getting some play time but i cant be selfish... i should be happy the wright was able to get 32 min. But i cant help but want to see belli and AR with some pt and show what they can do in real time competition
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:07 am
is there a better place to see the highlights than nba.com?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:19 am
BIG(S) SIGH OF RELIEF............

Man, what heart, balls and TALENT!!! of Brandan to step in, after how he must be feeling at being left out so much and produce what he did =

18 PTS, 7-9 FG, 13 REB/6 OFFREB, 3 BLKS!!! in 32 MINS............if anyone could ever answer a question, then this was the best answer possible.

Lets see it continue Nellie!!! No more Al!!!

Sounds like a great game, sure Ill be watching it later.

J-Rich wrote:This is ****ing embarrassing!!! There must be some type of dunk contest out there in the arena!!! Have fun reading the box score out there overseas buddy!!! (You know who you are)

Ohh and thanks J-Rich, I did enjoy reading the boxscore...........I also enjoyed reading this post as your last in the thread on page 3, because of course, you only post about negatives, and so as soon as good things happen...........not another word from you............J-Rich everybody!!! give him a round of applause for being the worst fan on here. :D :roll:
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:22 am
I'm happy that Brandan Wright got time to prove himself. He's proven to be a guy we can rely on for our future, and I hope this is just the start and Nellie comes to his senses regarding him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:03 am
Wright was terrific. Much props to him for sparking this team tonight. His play energized the team. Azubuike as well, but Brandan started it. Great game all-around.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:22 am
xbay wrote:Wright was terrific. Much props to him for sparking this team tonight. His play energized the team. Azubuike as well, but Brandan started it. Great game all-around.
It was a great game, although Jackson had to play another 43:30
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 am
After watching the first quarter, I thought we were headed for a blow out.
It was pathetic. Thank god for Brandon Wright!!! and Buike.
It seems CJ and Demarcus are improving too.

I fell asleep during the second half some time (combo of antihistamines and Pacificos),
did I open one eye and see Bellinelli in the game?? :shock:

making buckets too... :D

Andris needs to figure out how to play solid D without getting so many fouls!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 am
bigstrads wrote:
J-Rich wrote:This is ****ing embarrassing!!! There must be some type of dunk contest out there in the arena!!! Have fun reading the box score out there overseas buddy!!! (You know who you are)

Ohh and thanks J-Rich, I did enjoy reading the boxscore...........I also enjoyed reading this post as your last in the thread on page 3, because of course, you only post about negatives, and so as soon as good things happen...........not another word from you............J-Rich everybody!!! give him a round of applause for being the worst fan on here. :D :roll:

Can you be considered a fan if you do that crap? I don't think J-Rich can be considered a fan, I know when we were down 15 I said to my buddy, we are still going to win this game. Being a fan is backing your team through tough times (down 15 points) and through good times. Sure you can be honest and say we aren't playing very good, but I hate people that always like to harp on the negatives on a team. What happens when people are playing well and the team performs. Then those people shut up!!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:34 am
def not a fan... deep down inside I see a laker lover but i enjoy his/er/its presence. Forums shouldnt be all about jocking your team, sometime (granted few) he/she/it makes some very good points.

You don't see him/her/it in this thread anymore because him/her/it was WRONG = looking stupid = feeling stupid. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:34 am
I thought CJ, Azu, Wright, Jack, and Biedrins played fantastic defense in the second half, I was incredibly impressed. Especially by CJ 'cause I wasn't sure he had it in him, but last night he played aggressively and looked great.

Azubuike continues to be one of the most unheralded and most impressive young players, he looks 1000% times different than he did last year, he's aggressive and confident and I'm really glad we locked him up for the next 3 years.

Wright, I don't know what to say. I knew that he was playing more inspired basketball ever since Nellie told the media that Randolph was ahead of Brandan on the depth chart, but he played better than I ever expected him to.

Jack continues to be dominant. It's funny because I always assumed that the way he played the last year and a half was him at his absolute maximum potential, but he has looked much better this year. He still takes stupid shots and he probably always will (although they are no where near as stupid as Baron's shots), but he has looked like a leader and the star of the team.

And of course Biedrins has looked great. He just keeps improving every year, I keep waiting for him to hit a plateau, but it hasn't happened yet.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:37 am
tvaldivi wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Can you be considered a fan if you do that crap? I don't think J-Rich can be considered a fan, I know when we were down 15 I said to my buddy, we are still going to win this game. Being a fan is backing your team through tough times (down 15 points) and through good times. Sure you can be honest and say we aren't playing very good, but I hate people that always like to harp on the negatives on a team. What happens when people are playing well and the team performs. Then those people shut up!!!!

No. There are many different ways to be a fan, you don't have to agree and you can say J-Rich is stupid, but he watches almost every game and he wants the team to do well, he's a fan. There's no right or wrong way to be a fan of a team.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:57 am
Jackattack wrote:After watching the first quarter, I thought we were

The refs could help him stay on the floor also by not calling some of the stuff they call on him. Did you see the play when he picked up his 3rd foul, Nene hooked him and drug him down to the floor and the foul was called on Andris. I think a lot of times, he gets to the ball on a board or a block so quick he gets a whistle because the refs dont realize he has the advanced skills to do so. I would say he is the king of the wayward whistle.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:01 am
Yeah!!! It's funny that you mention that I'm not a fan!!! I'm here in LA right now locked in my room happy that the W's game is being shown on ESPN!!! 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:04 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Jackattack wrote:After watching the first quarter, I thought we were

The refs could help him stay on the floor also by not calling some of the stuff they call on him. Did you see the play when he picked up his 3rd foul, Nene hooked him and drug him down to the floor and the foul was called on Andris. I think a lot of times, he gets to the ball on a board or a block so quick he gets a whistle because the refs dont realize he has the advanced skills to do so. I would say he is the king of the wayward whistle.

I did see that! It was a BS call too... :banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:51 pm
The Duh factor, is we need to develop Brandon to be a legit PF. Who cares about Ellis and Mags, they don't play defense. Sure they are nice players and can score, but our entire season depends on the production from the PF position. If we get rebounding, high percentage shots (all those Brandon short range (mid to high post moves), we don't need transistion D, make the others teams play half court, and can play our pressure D that leads to Mags,Ellis, Jackson, and Azu getting those transition buckets. The difference was Jackson got nailed in the 1st quarter turnovers and bricks, and Denver ran like AI was in town. When Brandon came in, he kept hitting shots and picking up rebounds so Denver didn't get dunks and transistion buckets. My analogy is Boston, Boston will win and lose with the production of the trio of Perkins, Powe and POB. Ray, ray can score all he wants or just disappear, but the KG compliments in the post make and break the defending champions.
Previous

Return to Game Threads