Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2008-11-05

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors beat the new look Nuggets?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:28 pm

YES
36%
NO
64%

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:28 pm
Denver Nuggets (1 - 2) @ Golden State Warriors (1 - 3)
Start time: 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena
Local TV: ESPN (Also available in HD)

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Al Harrington
SF - Corey Maggette
SG - Stephen Jackson
PG - DeMarcus Nelson

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Nene
PF - Kenyon Martin
SF - Carmelo Anthony
SG - J.R. Smith
PG - Chauncey Billups

Team leaders:
PPG - S. Jackson (22.7) | K. Martin (16.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (12.0) | K. Martin (8.0)
APG - S. Jackson (6.0) | C. Anthony (6.0)
SPG - A. Harrington (1.7) | K. Martin (1.7)
BPG - R. Turiaf (3.3) | C. Anderson (2.3)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 pm
Don Nelson needs to use the bench. The Warriors looked like they completely ran out of gas against Memphis.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:48 pm
we lose this one. I can feel it in my bones. We can't contain anyone. Nene looks like he will rape us like Marc Gasol.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:32 am
LOL!

I love it..............every game thread is the same, first 2 pages is people saying "Nelson needs to play the rookies" once the game starts its "What the hell is going on???" and "Man, this is awful"

We are f*cked.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:40 am
The best side effect the trade has for Denver is that J.R. Smith will be a much more important guy with AI gone. It's going to be interesting to see how they play with Chauncey at the helm.

As for the game itself, I think we have a good chance to win it, being at the Oracle.

Dubs by 8.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:21 am
nelson at the point is getting stronger by the game
maggs hami NEEDS to be right in order for him to produce
brandon is playing more minutes and should get even more
harrington and jack have to make shots......

buike should start over harrington
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:01 pm
is any one else nervous we are going to look like straight fools on National TV against the Nuggs? Im Praying we dont get emmbarassed, i cant wait to hear the Announcers mispronounce our players names and then talk sh*t about them... :roll:
Aint no king, but im royal. A lifetime Golden State Warrior like Adonal Foyle ( FIRE DON NELSON )

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:44 pm
I dont know, usually guys like Stack and Harrington get hyped for games on ESPN.

I mean, look at Barnes with the Suns, that guy is playing on a higher level considering their first two games were nationally televised.

I voted that they're going to lose, but in my heart I have a feeling they'll pull this one out.

And damnit DeMarcus, you'd better start hitting your damn free throws.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:04 pm
J.R. Smith has a funny shaped head
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:54 pm
we lose this one...we will lose every game until everyone get what they want.... and right now that is more time for our bench... simple as that
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:56 pm
Rex Chapman, the Nuggets' vice president of player personnel, said there isn't enough time for Billups to get to Oakland for the game.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/nov/04/nuggets-billups-not-expected-face-warriors/
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:47 am
i hope they can win this game...

I am getting tired of Nellie....in his mind only want to win,win,win while our future players sit on the bench and just watch,watch,watch...

the players will never be good if they only sit on the bench...

Just play them and even we lose the game at least they learn something from the game....

but, fukkk nellie only trust veteran players.....
I don't give a damnnn to those players, i just want to see our future players get better day by day so we'll have a good team near the future.

arrrrggggghhhh....
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:51 am
GSW United wrote:i hope they can win this game...

I am getting tired of Nellie....in his mind only want to win,win,win while our future players sit on the bench and just watch,watch,watch...

Just play them and even we lose the game at least they learn something from the game....

I don't give a damnnn to those players, i just want to see our future players get better day by day so we'll have a good team near the future.

arrrrggggghhhh....

:mrgreen: .............anyone remember how William used to be the blindly optimistic one??? never admit something was wrong, every game we were gonna win, never say a bad word about anything Warrior related.

Jeez, guess thats what Nellie can do to you huh? Imagine how Brandan and Randolph feel? :shock: :evil:

Ps: Will, I love the new you! :wink:

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:06 am
bigstrads wrote:

arrrrggggghhhh....

:mrgreen: .............anyone remember how William used to be the blindly optimistic one??? never admit something was wrong, every game we were gonna win, never say a bad word about anything Warrior related.

Jeez, guess thats what Nellie can do to you huh? Imagine how Brandan and Randolph feel? :shock: :evil:

Hahaha. I remember when he first started posting, you could always count on him to cheer you up after a bad loss, now he's jaded like the rest of us.

Welcome to the club Will 8)
DUBBBIN’ !
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:25 am
PVWarriorFan wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

arrrrggggghhhh....

Hahaha. I remember when he first started posting, you could always count on him to cheer you up after a bad loss, now he's jaded like the rest of us.

Welcome to the club Will 8)

Not sure how this game is going to turn out...any given day in the NBA! :)
However, according to the game that actually mattered LAST season against these Nuggets IN Oracle...it doesn't look so good. BUT Oracle should be making some noise and we need the win especially after losing to Memphis with a 36 percent shooting average. We need to make some damn shots! Start Buike over Harrington...etc. etc. etc.

Predicted Score - 101 to 96, Warriors.
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Next

Return to Game Threads