Game Thread: Warriors @ New Jersey Nets 2008-11-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors take one in New Jersey?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:16 pm

YES
79%
NO
21%

Total votes : 14

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 pm
I tell you this...........it SOUNDED horrible.

Win is a win.............even if its a continuation of bleeding 7 guys dry..............hey, atleast we know we will see the young guys in the 2nd half of the season, because these 7 are going to be worn out.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:41 pm
52 free throws ?! are you kidding, it's like two quarters just on free throws! ****ing crazy!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm
martin wrote:52 free throws ?! are you kidding, it's like two quarters just on free throws! ****ing crazy!

nice to finally have someone in Maggs that can knock em down
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Maggs has had 40 something free throws in the first three games...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:54 pm
Jackattack wrote:Maggs has had 40 something free throws in the first three games...

which is awesome. He's an absolute bulldozer when going to the hole. Is it pretty? Well no, but fk pretty- give me effective any day
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:55 pm
Alright...just got home and took a gander at the score. Needless to say I was happy! But after looking at the box score and seeing how the DUBS were up by so many then took a nose dive towards the end...yes, that wasn't too pleasing!
But like everyone is saying...a W is a W...and if Nelly continues to have a 7 (well...the 8th man doesn't really count yet) rotation then we are ROYALLY screwed down the stretch!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:49 am
Knightofoceans wrote:Alright...just got home and took a gander at the score. Needless to say I was happy! But after looking at the box score and seeing how the DUBS were up by so many then took a nose dive towards the end...yes, that wasn't too pleasing!
But like everyone is saying...a W is a W...and if Nelly continues to have a 7 (well...the 8th man doesn't really count yet) rotation then we are ROYALLY screwed down the stretch!

It was about time. We needed this win badly.

Not much to say, because I still haven't been able to watch a single game, but I'm excited about the kind of season Maggs is having, even tho he's played just three games. Can't wait to watch a few games.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 am
TMC wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:Alright...just got home and took a gander at the score. Needless to say I was happy! But after looking at the box score and seeing how the DUBS were up by so many then took a nose dive towards the end...yes, that wasn't too pleasing!

Not much to say, because I still haven't been able to watch a single game, but I'm excited about the kind of season Maggs is having, even tho he's played just three games. Can't wait to watch a few games.

One thing I can tell you bud.............its NOT exciting to watch.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:46 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Hey, I was talking about Maggs, not the team. I'm pretty sure we're playing some ugly bball right now, without a real PG to lead the team. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:52 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Hey, I was talking about Maggs, not the team. I'm pretty sure we're playing some ugly bball right now, without a real PG to lead the team. :wink:

I know you were talking about Mags dude...............have you seen the mans FG%??? and free throw attempts??? hes attempted about 40 free throws in 3 games!.............I can tell you, its NOT exciting to watch.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:57 am
bigstrads wrote:I know you were talking about Mags dude...............have you seen the mans FG%??? and free throw attempts??? hes attempted about 40 free throws in 3 games!.............I can tell you, its NOT exciting to watch.

I know he's shooting poorly, below .400, but he's making his free throws, which is a must, and still putting up 20 ppg and almost 9 boards. Those are great numbers, no matter how you look at it.

As for the FG%, I don't think it will improve much until we get a real PG to run our offense.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:10 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I know you were talking about Mags dude...............have you seen the mans FG%??? and free throw attempts??? hes attempted about 40 free throws in 3 games!.............I can tell you, its NOT exciting to watch.

I know he's shooting poorly, below .400, but he's making his free throws, which is a must, and still putting up 20 ppg and almost 9 boards. Those are great numbers, no matter how you look at it.

As for the FG%, I don't think it will improve much until we get a real PG to run our offense.

Yeah man, 20ppg, 9rpg, 82%ft is all great of course..............but as I said, its not exciting to watch. :wink:

*EDIT* - Torrent here for anyone who wants to download/see last nights game!

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:44 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

I know you were talking about Mags dude...............have you seen the mans FG%??? and free throw attempts??? hes attempted about 40 free throws in 3 games!.............I can tell you, its NOT exciting to watch.

I don't know man, even though it's not nearly as excited as years past, I'm just excited to watch basketball in general. I mean, anytime you can still feel a bit angry after a win, you know you're still watching a team that's competitive.

I reflect those feelings b/c I'm a 49ers and SF Giants fan. I can't even watch those teams.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:48 am
i agree its not exciting to watch maggs ( although im glad he is on our team and look forward to the year with him)...
watching the team as a whole imo is very fun.....yeah no fast break
but the scores are very close which make for a good time.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:58 am
JOEL wrote:i agree its not exciting to watch maggs ( although im glad he is on our team and look forward to the year with him)...
watching the team as a whole imo is very fun.....yeah no fast break
but the scores are very close which make for a good time.

Yeah they are fun to watch. I really like what Turiaf and Maggs have brought to this team. Stephen Jackson is what he is which is a good player sometimes a great player sometimes not so great, Biedris looks great and is playing the best basketball of his career so if we can get some good play at the point we will be really nasty. The way this team is constructed we are not really designed to run the fast break like we used to.
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads