Game Thread: Warriors @ Toronto Raptors 2008-10-31

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors come back with a victory in Toronto?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:17 pm

YES
12
86%
NO
2
14%
 
Total votes : 14


All Star
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:17 pm
Golden State Warriors (0 - 1) @ Toronto Raptors (1 - 0)

Start time: 4:00 PM PST @ The Air Canada Centre
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Al Harrington
SF - Corey Maggette
SG - Stephen Jackson
PG - DeMarcus Nelson

Probable starters for the Toronto Raptors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Jermaine O'Neal
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Jamario Moon
SG - Anthony Parker
PG - Jose Calderon

Team leaders:
PPG - C. Maggette (27.0) | C. Bosh (27.0)
RPG - A. Biedrins (12.0) | C. Bosh (11.0)
APG - S. Jackson (5.0) | J. Calderon (7.0)
SPG - A. Harrington (3.0) | J. Moon (2.0)
BPG - R. Turiaf (4.0) | A. Bargnani (2.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Posts: 1076
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 pm
Team is not that bad...bit more slower paced than the past few years, but Nellie gonna need to use the bench a lot more. Jackson cannot be playing the entire game like tonight. They also need to find themselves a play maker down the stretch...it is probable that Jackson can do this, but not if he hasn't gotten any rest the entire game.

Nellie definitely gave Harrington tons of minutes tonight. Still played mediocre... This worries me because if they keep doing this, Wright and Randolph will never get a chance to develop. Trade him now!! Bring in Hinrich :-)

Still, I think this team can play .500 ball....probably not good enough to make the playoffs, but things will change when Monta gets back.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm
Interesting to see how (if at all :evil: ) Nellie uses Wright and Randolph in this game, as IMO they would be a nice matchup against the length of Bosh and JO, who aren't really power players but athletic lengthy players like BW and AR. If we can properly defend against their frontcourt, we should win as they don't really have a lot of significant offensive weapons otherwise.

Rookie
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:50 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:56 pm
Nellie hates Wright, he won't play. More seven man rotations.

All Star
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Sunnyvale
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:18 am
we will see wright this game. believe it!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:28 am
i think we're going to be in touble in the paint... calderon is a really good point guard too... it'll be interesting to see if we could shut him down or not...

also, chris bosh and jermaine are good shot blockers... lets see if andris can stay out of foul trouble and score inside this game...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:58 am
nellie will use the bench this game. if theres a time to give your guys rest, its on the road...and nellie knows that...at least i hope
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 am
I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:57 am
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.


If we keep playing a 7 man rotation, I'm predicting another loss. Raps by 12.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.


If we keep playing a 7 man rotation, I'm predicting another loss. Raps by 12.


Youll have this one on TV wont you bud? its on a Friday night, it starts at about 11pm for us here, so midnight for you..............you gonna watch it?

If you want too but its not on TV, then Ill sort you out some links.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.


If we keep playing a 7 man rotation, I'm predicting another loss. Raps by 12.


Youll have this one on TV wont you bud? its on a Friday night, it starts at about 11pm for us here, so midnight for you..............you gonna watch it?

If you want too but its not on TV, then Ill sort you out some links.


Nope. It's not on TV, and I won't be able to download a game til next week, so I think I'm gonna miss this one.

That's why I'm not posting much about our games right now. Hard to tell how we're playing without watching the game.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:12 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.


If we keep playing a 7 man rotation, I'm predicting another loss. Raps by 12.


Youll have this one on TV wont you bud? its on a Friday night, it starts at about 11pm for us here, so midnight for you..............you gonna watch it?

If you want too but its not on TV, then Ill sort you out some links.


Nope. It's not on TV, and I won't be able to download a game til next week, so I think I'm gonna miss this one.

That's why I'm not posting much about our games right now. Hard to tell how we're playing without watching the game.


I mean "links" as in LIVE links to watch it live...........thats why I said about the time it will be on. :roll: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:34 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.


If we keep playing a 7 man rotation, I'm predicting another loss. Raps by 12.


Youll have this one on TV wont you bud? its on a Friday night, it starts at about 11pm for us here, so midnight for you..............you gonna watch it?

If you want too but its not on TV, then Ill sort you out some links.


Nope. It's not on TV, and I won't be able to download a game til next week, so I think I'm gonna miss this one.

That's why I'm not posting much about our games right now. Hard to tell how we're playing without watching the game.


I mean "links" as in LIVE links to watch it live...........thats why I said about the time it will be on. :roll: :mrgreen:


If I can't download games, I can't watch them live. It takes me a while to post here, so I can't even think about streams or any other way to watch vids.

All Star
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Location: lithuania, gargzdai
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 am
if nelson doesn't start playing young ones this game, i officially have nellie in my doghouse :evil:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:31 pm
bad feelin about this one. We're gonna get monstered inside. Looking forward to seein how Maggs goes again though. More outings like last night, and he'll quickly become a fan favourite
Next

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest