Game Thread: Warriors @ Toronto Raptors 2008-10-31

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors come back with a victory in Toronto?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:17 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:17 pm
Golden State Warriors (0 - 1) @ Toronto Raptors (1 - 0)

Start time: 4:00 PM PST @ The Air Canada Centre
Local TV: CSN Bay Area

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Andris Biedrins
PF - Al Harrington
SF - Corey Maggette
SG - Stephen Jackson
PG - DeMarcus Nelson

Probable starters for the Toronto Raptors:
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Jermaine O'Neal
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Jamario Moon
SG - Anthony Parker
PG - Jose Calderon

Team leaders:
PPG - C. Maggette (27.0) | C. Bosh (27.0)
RPG - A. Biedrins (12.0) | C. Bosh (11.0)
APG - S. Jackson (5.0) | J. Calderon (7.0)
SPG - A. Harrington (3.0) | J. Moon (2.0)
BPG - R. Turiaf (4.0) | A. Bargnani (2.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 pm
Team is not that bad...bit more slower paced than the past few years, but Nellie gonna need to use the bench a lot more. Jackson cannot be playing the entire game like tonight. They also need to find themselves a play maker down the stretch...it is probable that Jackson can do this, but not if he hasn't gotten any rest the entire game.

Nellie definitely gave Harrington tons of minutes tonight. Still played mediocre... This worries me because if they keep doing this, Wright and Randolph will never get a chance to develop. Trade him now!! Bring in Hinrich :-)

Still, I think this team can play .500 ball....probably not good enough to make the playoffs, but things will change when Monta gets back.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 pm
Interesting to see how (if at all :evil: ) Nellie uses Wright and Randolph in this game, as IMO they would be a nice matchup against the length of Bosh and JO, who aren't really power players but athletic lengthy players like BW and AR. If we can properly defend against their frontcourt, we should win as they don't really have a lot of significant offensive weapons otherwise.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:56 pm
Nellie hates Wright, he won't play. More seven man rotations.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:18 am
we will see wright this game. believe it!
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:28 am
i think we're going to be in touble in the paint... calderon is a really good point guard too... it'll be interesting to see if we could shut him down or not...

also, chris bosh and jermaine are good shot blockers... lets see if andris can stay out of foul trouble and score inside this game...
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:58 am
nellie will use the bench this game. if theres a time to give your guys rest, its on the road...and nellie knows that...at least i hope
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 am
I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:57 am
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.

If we keep playing a 7 man rotation, I'm predicting another loss. Raps by 12.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:03 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I am not assuming or predicting ANYTHING with this team this year.............simple as that.

Youll have this one on TV wont you bud? its on a Friday night, it starts at about 11pm for us here, so midnight for you..............you gonna watch it?

If you want too but its not on TV, then Ill sort you out some links.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Youll have this one on TV wont you bud? its on a Friday night, it starts at about 11pm for us here, so midnight for you..............you gonna watch it?

Nope. It's not on TV, and I won't be able to download a game til next week, so I think I'm gonna miss this one.

That's why I'm not posting much about our games right now. Hard to tell how we're playing without watching the game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:12 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

Nope. It's not on TV, and I won't be able to download a game til next week, so I think I'm gonna miss this one.

That's why I'm not posting much about our games right now. Hard to tell how we're playing without watching the game.

I mean "links" as in LIVE links to watch it live...........thats why I said about the time it will be on. :roll: :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:34 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

I mean "links" as in LIVE links to watch it live...........thats why I said about the time it will be on. :roll: :mrgreen:

If I can't download games, I can't watch them live. It takes me a while to post here, so I can't even think about streams or any other way to watch vids.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 am
if nelson doesn't start playing young ones this game, i officially have nellie in my doghouse :evil:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:31 pm
bad feelin about this one. We're gonna get monstered inside. Looking forward to seein how Maggs goes again though. More outings like last night, and he'll quickly become a fan favourite
Next

Return to Game Threads