Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2008-10-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you looking forward to the start of the season?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:41 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 17

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm
bada wrote:Nelson playing 7 guys is absolutely rediculous. If this is the way he will use his rotation against teams he feels are better than us, this will be such a frustrating season.

i thought we could have thrown Wright in there. Start making him a replacement for AL NOW!

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm
Yeah!!! 5-17 we should trade your dumbass!!! 8)

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:42 pm
David West owns Harrington's butthole!!! AB is still AB not improvement in his FT shooting it looks like he changed his technique!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 pm
It's painful to lose this game, as we played pretty well, and this including the fact that the Hornets played well as well. Only if:

Jackson and Harrington got more rest--Jackson especially. Mixing in some of the young guns in the 2nd and 3rd quarters will not only refresh Jax and Harrington for the 4th, but also provide a spark in those middle quarters.
That turnover: simply not acceptable to screw up a play in that situation. :banghead:

At least there were positives: Maggette showed that he's a force, there were only a couple threes that I would say were ill-advised shots, we functioned well as a team, Turiaf looked good, and Azubuike was especially great. Demarcus can hold his weight during the time that he's in but nothing more.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:44 pm
bada wrote:Nelson playing 7 guys is absolutely rediculous. If this is the way he will use his rotation against teams he feels are better than us, this will be such a frustrating season.

And then he'll go and use it to get pity, saying well we've come up short but we've had to go with a seven man rotation. Bullshit. You can steal minutes to rest the main guys.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm
I'm starting to think Wright is a goner, nellie hates him and his lone supporter Mullin is on the way out.
Last edited by NightAngel on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:52 pm
This is the happiest I have been after a loss in a long long time. I was expecting to get blown out by the Hornets tonight, let's face it they are a team that could win the West this year.

I really thought Maggette, Jackson, Azubuike, and Beans played real well. I love what Maggette brings to the table, he should have got the ball more down the stretch especially when we got in the bonus early in the 4th. Peja couldn't guard him and Maggs could have gotten to the line way more.

Jackson played real well, and I normally have hated Jackson while he was with the Warriors. Nellie should have rested him for at least 5 min, because Jax missed some 3's because of fatigue late in the 4th.

Beans fouling out was huge, we missed out on some rebounds that Biedrins would have gobbled up. Free throws need to be a bit better though. Buike is real solid and I feel so confident about him when he is in there.

As for the bad.....

AL ******* Harrington-- You were abysmal, this coming a day after you demand a trade? Note to Al- Play well and maybe some other team will want you.

Nellie- Need to play either Randolph, Wright, or Williams at least some minutes to spell guys like Jackson and Al. How much worse could Wright have played tonight compared to Al?

Overall I thought it was a solid effort and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. We have a scrappy team that will be in ball games because we can rebound better!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 pm
I know Wright and Randolph deserved minutes. It's ridiculous they didn't see any action.

Jackson should of had some rest. Playing him to the brink is stupid. Note to Nelson, overplaying Baron early on proved costly towards the end of the season last season. So what makes playing Jackson the full 48 minutes, smart? Spell him, please. Even if it's for 4-5 minutes. He needs the rest. I guarantee, he would of knocked down those missed three's in the end if he had some time to catch his breath.

Oh, and KEEP FEEDING THE BALL to Maggette. He's a complete beast when he has the ball. Dribble penetration, lay up, and1, free throw. Either way, he gets to the line. Which seemed to be contagious as Azubuike and Jackson did it early on in the first half. GET THE BALL TO Maggette early and often. Believe me, if it weren't for all those fouls, he would of probably had 35-42 points.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 am
The absence of Monta..........without "The 1 man fast break" the dubs have no fast break...........

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:55 am
there were a couple times in the fourth quarter (not just the last minute) where jack and harrington tried to be the heroes of the game when they should have just got it to maggs or buike to take it in. both beasted during the game and got to the line nearly at will. once the warriors figure how to utilize those two toward the end of the game, we should see more Ws on our record. kinda like playing small ball in baseball...just gotta chip away at the lead, goin back to fundamentals.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:58 am
pretty soon... wright himself would not want to play for the warriors anymore... We did give up Jrich for this game... we didn't even use the TE we got from trading Jrich. So basically we just got rid of Jrich and just gonna let Wright sit it out on the bench. Wright and CO. should be getting 15 min a game... is that too much to ask for? How will we ever know of our draft picks and those from trades will pan out?
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:09 am
Viz wrote:pretty soon... wright himself would not want to play for the warriors anymore... We did give up Jrich for this game... we didn't even use the TE we got from trading Jrich. So basically we just got rid of Jrich and just gonna let Wright sit it out on the bench. Wright and CO. should be getting 15 min a game... is that too much to ask for? How will we ever know of our draft picks and those from trades will pan out?

You said it right. It is looking like JRich was given away for nothing and people go on about Richmond for Owens :roll:
Can't believe Nelson isn't at least trying his young players

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:24 am
One game in and we are already feeling cheated, puzzled and frusrated with decision making.

1 - Why the f*ck did so few players play??? Im sorry, if DeMarcus can be given a shot, and start!!! then we could have had a look at Brandan/Randolph even Williams..........bull sh*t.

2 - WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT LAST PLAY!!! with 13 seconds left, a ball in bound to Harrington at the top of the key, one pump fake and a contested, off balance chuck with 12 seconds left, down by 3..............what in the f*ck is that???

Whos missing Baron now??? as Ive said many times, we DO NOT have a late game go to guy that can CREATE a good shot................man, its gonna be a long season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:52 am
bigstrads wrote:One game in and we are already feeling cheated, puzzled and frusrated with decision making.

1 - Why the f*ck did so few players play??? Im sorry, if DeMarcus can be given a shot, and start!!! then we could have had a look at Brandan/Randolph even Williams..........bull sh*t.

2 - WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT LAST PLAY!!! with 13 seconds left, a ball in bound to Harrington at the top of the key, one pump fake and a contested, off balance chuck with 12 seconds left, down by 3..............what in the f*ck is that???

Whos missing Baron now??? as Ive said many times, we DO NOT have a late game go to guy that can CREATE a good shot................man, its gonna be a long season.

actually he pump faked but i dont think it was a off balance chuck. al just missed.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:56 am
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:One game in and we are already feeling cheated, puzzled and frusrated with decision making.

actually he pump faked but i dont think it was a off balance chuck. al just missed.

Fine, maybe he wasnt totally off balance but the defender was in his ear atleast...............besides, my point/annoyance was more with the catch and force with 12 seconds left!???

Why not move the ball around and try to get a good shot, from a guy who wasnt 5-16 at that point? :roll:

Mags had 11 shots, made 8 of them and had been driving by people with ease all night............why not give the ball to him and let him extend the game with a foul or a quick 2 then force them to make free throws???............isnt that why we wanted Mags? so he could be that guy who gets us a drive/foul when we need it?............no, we give it to the coldest hand on the floor who thows up a desperation three with a hell of alot of time left, game over from there.

If it was under 5 seconds, then Id understand but not with 13 seconds left. :roll:
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads