Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2008-10-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you looking forward to the start of the season?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:41 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 17

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:59 am
Thanks Nellie, we have the same identical record as the pitiful Clippers and it does look like we will be going fishing with BD at the end of the year. You think you can develop a bench like Phillip at the fricking first game of the season. Thanks for saving Corey the entire second quarter, that was a stroke of genius. While other coaches develop the likes of Perkins, and Leon Powe and our former bust POB, we got Nellie sending our young players trade or imaginary values to zilch. Nellie wanted to beat an elite team period. Unlike Pops, or Sloan, or Phil, or Doc or any other elite coach who create viable PLAYOFF teams, he wants to win the battle but lose the war. They are wins that mean nothing, there are NBA good losses (developing a young player), and Don Nelson losses (play your so called stars max minutes), play an atriocious brand of half court basketball (the end of the second quarter), destroy young players confidence and trade value, and send a franchise to purgatory. We don't lose 11 straight seasons for nothing.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 am
THIZZ wrote:
Knightofoceans wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Trade his dumb ass (AL)!!!

Are you kidding me? He was great! Get the hell out of here.

13 points in 42 minutes! I thought the 7 man rotation was dead, Nelly is unbelievable

Yeah...that was total sarcasm by the way! :-o
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:13 am
dareedle wrote:Thanks Nellie, we have the same identical record as the pitiful Clippers and it does look like we will be going fishing with BD at the end of the year. You think you can develop a bench like Phillip at the fricking first game of the season. Thanks for saving Corey the entire second quarter, that was a stroke of genius. While other coaches develop the likes of Perkins, and Leon Powe and our former bust POB, we got Nellie sending our young players trade or imaginary values to zilch. Nellie wanted to beat an elite team period. Unlike Pops, or Sloan, or Phil, or Doc or any other elite coach who create viable PLAYOFF teams, he wants to win the battle but lose the war. They are wins that mean nothing, there are NBA good losses (developing a young player), and Don Nelson losses (play your so called stars max minutes), play an atriocious brand of half court basketball (the end of the second quarter), destroy young players confidence and trade value, and send a franchise to purgatory. We don't lose 11 straight seasons for nothing.

ummm...do you mean 0-1? I am loathe to engage, my consistently negative fellow poster, but Don Nelson was not around for those eleven losing seasons so I am hoping you are not blaming him for those...that said, I am sick of his short bench bullshit. He will drain Sjax by xmas at this rate, and there is no logic behind not playing BW and Belli. Positives: Maggette, Azu, Jackson through the 3rd quarter, Biedrins other than free throws, Turiaf...negatives, Harrington, NO PG, Nelson's ludicrously short bench.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 pm
man Maggs might be making 30pts a night! he had a quiet 27 last night, where as Jax had a noisy 26 (playing the full game, handled the ball a lot, took a lot of time to create his shot).

the mix of Biedrins and Turiaf was great. It'd be nice to see turiaf at least get some tip ins, and maybe some 4th qtr borads. but bean's got a good amount of rest. and both played hard last night. Beans fouled out early and still got a double double.

Jackson - looks HOR-RI-BLE at the point. he just doesn't have the speed, handles, vision, or passing ability for that position. He's a good shooting guard don't get me wrong, and a great defensive man all around, but you see he just can't push the ball up the floor.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 pm
I watched the game on my breaks last night at my gig, a little on the net later that night.
I'll just be echoing a lot of what's been said, but I haven't commented on this game yet so here goes...

Magette was awesome. I like his game, I like his freethrow shooting..

Kelenna's aggressiveness is beastly. He has no qualms about banging and finishing. I'm so glad we kept him!

Andris has stepped up his game once again. He will be raking up big points and rebounds if he can stay out of foul trouble.
andris: stay after practice, listen to John Coltrane and/or James Brown and shoot freethrows until the cd is done.

Jack was miserable at pg, there were a couple of these meaningless 2 ft passes where he just looked desperate to get rid of the rock. He looked very awkward handling the ball. He cannot do it all, nor should he try. As always though, he played an intense game and made a lot of good buckets too.

Harrington... I hope he steps up his game and decides he wants to stay.
If not... BW!!!

BWRIGHT ..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next home game, start the Chant!!!!

Now I'm going to overstate the obvious.. WE NEED A FREEKIN POINT GUARD!!!! In the meantime, I hope Demarcus steps it up and Nelson gives him a chance to make a few mistakes...

I don't know about this season, but once Monta is back to full speed, and we have a great point guard in place, they'll be more likely to be consistently making the playoffs.

Should be an interesting season if not a winning one. If our meddlesome owner/executives can simply commit to winning and let the basketball staff take care of their business (not likely to happen) I'd like this team even more. We've had one game. Maybe the team will actually be able to settle down and focus on playing basketball this year in between all the off-court drama.
:roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:15 pm
Jackattack wrote:I watched the game on my breaks last night at my gig, a little on the net later that night.
I'll just be echoing a lot of what's been said, but I haven't commented on this game yet so here goes...

Magette was awesome. I like his game, I like his freethrow shooting..

Kelenna's aggressiveness is beastly. He has no qualms about banging and finishing. I'm so glad we kept him!

Andris has stepped up his game once again. He will be raking up big points and rebounds if he can stay out of foul trouble.
andris: stay after practice, listen to John Coltrane and/or James Brown and shoot freethrows until the cd is done.

Jack was miserable at pg, there were a couple of these meaningless 2 ft passes where he just looked desperate to get rid of the rock. He looked very awkward handling the ball. He cannot do it all, nor should he try. As always though, he played an intense game and made a lot of good buckets too.

Harrington... I hope he steps up his game and decides he wants to stay.
If not... BW!!!

BWRIGHT ..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next home game, start the Chant!!!!

Now I'm going to overstate the obvious.. WE NEED A FREEKIN POINT GUARD!!!! In the meantime, I hope Demarcus steps it up and Nelson gives him a chance to make a few mistakes...

I don't know about this season, but once Monta is back to full speed, and we have a great point guard in place, they'll be more likely to be consistently making the playoffs.

Should be an interesting season if not a winning one. If our meddlesome owner/executives can simply commit to winning and let the basketball staff take care of their business (not likely to happen) I'd like this team even more. We've had one game. Maybe the team will actually be able to settle down and focus on playing basketball this year in between all the off-court drama.
:roll:

haahaa start the chant ...i could see that working if the crowd is dilegent
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:51 pm
Nellie didn't want to put a bad showing at the Oracle so he went strictly with the vets!!! Plus he wanted to win this game against one of the top teams...

Guarantee if this were the Heat or any other bad team you see more of Wright or maybe a glimpse of AR...

They should develop AR and let him dominate the D-League!!!! Maybe sent both Hendrix and AR down there for a few games
Previous

Return to Game Threads