Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2008-04-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors keep their playoff hopes alive in Phoenix?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 pm

YES
83%
NO
17%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:10 pm
I'm not paying BD the big bucks to chuck three's and playing invisible defense against the opposition PG's...

Take the chance and let Monta and Buke be the future backcourt of the future!!!

Riley likes BD maybe he'll bite and give us the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft...Beasley comeon down!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Why is everyone leaving? You guys shut the board down in the offseason or something? I could talk Warriors 24/7 365

yeah :D :D
for me i just get a lil pissy on all the band wagoners im good ...great season
great wins would do the whole thing again in a second

I agree! People are expecting too much too fast. We SUCKED hardcore two years ago, and we still sucked last year (although a little less hardcore) and were lucky to make the playoffs. We were better this year and I think we narrowed down our needs (last offseason we needed SO much) so that they can be addressed. As long as each year is a step up I can't complain.

good take we can address a couple/few issues and will be locked and loaded for next year

Yep! Last year when the season ended EVERYTHING was so up in the air and our financial situation was still a little stretched. I feel like we're in a much better situation financially as well as not having 800 needs that need to be met...we're getting closer

mp got to go , barnes ( in know jack i know ) league min or got to go
harrington got to go...... then we find a power forward and .....

btw perovic looked good against shaq..
captain you and your girl are welcome to hit a another game up with us anytime
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:15 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Why is everyone leaving? You guys shut the board down in the offseason or something? I could talk Warriors 24/7 365

I agree! People are expecting too much too fast. We SUCKED hardcore two years ago, and we still sucked last year (although a little less hardcore) and were lucky to make the playoffs. We were better this year and I think we narrowed down our needs (last offseason we needed SO much) so that they can be addressed. As long as each year is a step up I can't complain.

You speak the truth!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:17 pm
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

good take we can address a couple/few issues and will be locked and loaded for next year

Yep! Last year when the season ended EVERYTHING was so up in the air and our financial situation was still a little stretched. I feel like we're in a much better situation financially as well as not having 800 needs that need to be met...we're getting closer

But Matty is so pretty!!!! Ha ha I know, I'm with you, I doubt he gets more than the league min. anywhere so I actually think he might stick around.

Thanks Joel, I promise we will, Monta and I had a blast! She's already talking about heading up there with you guys without me next year.

As for Perovic, I was actually pretty impressed once he settled down. He was a little jumpy early and kept dropping the ball, but later on he actually looked pretty good. With him, Andris, Wright I wouldn't feel too bad...I'd love to keep Croshere too if he could stay healthy.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:26 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

But Matty is so pretty!!!! Ha ha I know, I'm with you, I doubt he gets more than the league min. anywhere so I actually think he might stick around.

Thanks Joel, I promise we will, Monta and I had a blast! She's already talking about heading up there with you guys without me next year.

As for Perovic, I was actually pretty impressed once he settled down. He was a little jumpy early and kept dropping the ball, but later on he actually looked pretty good. With him, Andris, Wright I wouldn't feel too bad...I'd love to keep Croshere too if he could stay healthy.

i kinda felt A B really wanted perovic to do wellat the onset looked like he wanted to feed the ball to him...didnt notice he was outa sorts....but still coming in and going toe to toe with shaq :D not an easy task.

matt will bounce back truth is i figured he would have pulled out of it by know...

i am happy to know " monta" will hit up some games with us ( even if she didnt do the patron thing) be sure to let her know she and you are ALWAYS welcome....Lena thought you to were cool and was a lil sad she couldnt hang with us
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:35 pm
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

i kinda felt A B really wanted perovic to do wellat the onset looked like he wanted to feed the ball to him...didnt notice he was outa sorts....but still coming in and going toe to toe with shaq :D not an easy task.

matt will bounce back truth is i figured he would have pulled out of it by know...

i am happy to know " monta" will hit up some games with us ( even if she didnt do the patron thing) be sure to let her know she and you are ALWAYS welcome....Lena thought you to were cool and was a lil sad she couldnt hang with us

I know, I was sad Lena couldn't come with us. I didn't realize she wasn't coming and I didn't even say bye to her! "Monta" is a big Patron fan, but she can't drink right now 'cause she's on some crazy pain medication for a back problem she has...maybe by next season she'll be down though.

Yeah I thought Kosta did a great job against Shaq. He just was dropping the ball a lot early on, I think he was excited since he never gets to play, but he settled down and I thought he looked great.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Matty to come back next year...if only so I can look at him some more :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:41 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

I know, I was sad Lena couldn't come with us. I didn't realize she wasn't coming and I didn't even say bye to her! "Monta" is a big Patron fan, but she can't drink right now 'cause she's on some crazy pain medication for a back problem she has...maybe by next season she'll be down though.

Yeah I thought Kosta did a great job against Shaq. He just was dropping the ball a lot early on, I think he was excited since he never gets to play, but he settled down and I thought he looked great.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Matty to come back next year...if only so I can look at him some more :mrgreen:

well its almost 11 i am going to go into the office in the morning going to call it a night i will pm you my email keep it for yourself and pass it along to monta
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:42 pm
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
JOEL wrote:

well its almost 11 i am going to go into the office in the morning going to call it a night i will pm you my email keep it for yourself and pass it along to monta

Thanks man, I'll send it along to her! Have a good night!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:41 am

Happens a lot, Cap (may I call you Cap?).

The board is still here, but lots of members do not post during the offseason, unless there's a big trade or signing (like when Monty was fired and Nellie came back). There's a lot of activity around draft day, too.

Most of the regulars keep posting as always, tho. Don't worry about it.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:49 am
TMC wrote:

Happens a lot, Cap (may I call you Cap?).

The board is still here, but lots of members do not post during the offseason, unless there's a big trade or signing (like when Monty was fired and Nellie came back). There's a lot of activity around draft day, too.

Most of the regulars keep posting as always, tho. Don't worry about it.

Of course you may call me Cap...or whatever I'm not picky, call me whatever you want (my sister calls me ninjab***h and my best friend calls me Poo, but those are long stories, the point is doesn't matter to me :) ).

Sweet, I'll be around...I have nothing better to do most of the time anyway!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:49 am
Captain_Jack wrote:Of course you may call me Cap...or whatever I'm not picky, call me whatever you want (my sister calls me ninjab***h and my best friend calls me Poo, but those are long stories, the point is doesn't matter to me :) ).

I'm sure the first one is worth telling... Ninjab***h??? :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:56 am
TMC wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:Of course you may call me Cap...or whatever I'm not picky, call me whatever you want (my sister calls me ninjab***h and my best friend calls me Poo, but those are long stories, the point is doesn't matter to me :) ).

I'm sure the first one is worth telling... Ninjab***h??? :mrgreen:

Ha ha, well my family is strange...we'll start there.

So my friend and I used to be big CSI:Miami fans because David Caruso is funny and he always has these crazy dramatic lines that he says in the show and we decided it would be cooler if you added "b***h" to the end of any of his corny lines (my favorite one was "let's go shake his tree"). Anyway I was telling this to my family because well I tell them everything (almost) and I was saying that every thing you say is just way better if you add "b***h" on the end. And so my brother was telling me about how he thinks that every story you tell is way better if you add ninjas to the story (like I said they're a little strange...although I totally get it 'cause ninjas are cool). Anyway so somehow from that we created the term Ninjab***h and now we all use it all the time. I tried for a long time to spread the word and make it universal, but no one was helping me out so I gave up. :mrgreen: Feel free to use it!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:03 am
Cool story... let's add some pictures to spice it up:

Maybe you should take one of these and add it to your myspace site. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:07 am
Ha ha....sweet!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:55 am
The spangers are gettin more creative on Haight street these days...
:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads