All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:59 pm
thank god
Go Ham
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:55 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Im gonna pray every night for elton brand. Dude is money.

Maybe this will give you some more incentive:

from AP article:

“I hope they make it,” Brand said of the Warriors. “I’ve got a lot of friends over there, so I’m rooting for them. I wasn’t rooting for them tonight. I was trying to get a win, but now our game is done with, and I hope they make it.”
This season is not a flop.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:25 am
It was fun being in the game...

Especially after they showed the Nougats/ Jazz final score in the jumbotron... the whole arena kept on the chant the entire timeout. You could feel the emotion and the vibe picking up at that moment.
6-7 Man Rotation??? WTF!$!%!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:28 am
Also, got a bit nerve wrecking when Clips cut down the lead and Mobley was getting his shot on.

Good win... bench stepped up, ball was moving, Jax got some nice Js to go in...

LETS GO HOUSTONNNN!!!
6-7 Man Rotation??? WTF!$!%!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:09 am
Nice win. And, what's even more important, Denver lost at Utah. Let's focus on winning against the Suns and pray for the Rockets to win at Denver.

Man, to think we'd already be in the playoffs by winning that game at home against Denver... :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:20 am
I am not sure how much you guys listen to KNBR, but many fans calling in wanted a Brand for Davis trade. You guys like? I'm sorry if it has been said.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 am
Doesn't make sense for the clippers at all. No point in having davis if they dont have brand there. I wouldn't hate the trade tho if we draft Augustin or westbrook.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:32 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am not sure how much you guys listen to KNBR, but many fans calling in wanted a Brand for Davis trade. You guys like? I'm sorry if it has been said.

I think the Clipps WOULD want Baron as they are missing that veteran PG/distributer.............but I think both teams (and both players, as they are real good friends) would them both together.

Man, if we could package some salaries (Harrington and a sign and trade Pietrus) with some prospects (they un-doubtedly would want Brandan in excange) and some picks maybe..........then Id take that in a second!!!............not sure Clipps would though.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:13 am
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I am not sure how much you guys listen to KNBR, but many fans calling in wanted a Brand for Davis trade. You guys like? I'm sorry if it has been said.

I think the Clipps WOULD want Baron as they are missing that veteran PG/distributer.............but I think both teams (and both players, as they are real good friends) would them both together.

Man, if we could package some salaries (Harrington and a sign and trade Pietrus) with some prospects (they un-doubtedly would want Brandan in excange) and some picks maybe..........then Id take that in a second!!!............not sure Clipps would though.

If Brand opts out of his contract (which he has the right to do this year) then the Ws don't need to trade anything for him (unless I misunderstood what the announcers said last night about his contract situation)
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:16 am
hoopitup wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

If Brand opts out of his contract (which he has the right to do this year) then the Ws don't need to trade anything for him (unless I misunderstood what the announcers said last night about his contract situation)

The only way we can get him is in a trade. We have no cap-space to sign him with and no exceptions that are big enough (I think).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:36 am
cladden wrote:
hoopitup wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

The only way we can get him is in a trade. We have no cap-space to sign him with and no exceptions that are big enough (I think).

Your both right............Brand has a player option to opt out of his current deal (like Baron and Arenas do too)

And we would have no-where near enough cap room to sign him at what he would un-doubtedly want after giving up the final year of his big salary (think its about 12-14 mil without checking)

The only way Brand would take less money, is if he was going to a true contender............which even with him on our team for nothing in exchange...........I still dont think we would be.

Trade is the only way...........unless his friend the Baron can convince him to accpet the Mid Level Exeception!!! (around 5.75 mil) :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:44 am
I don't want Brand!!! He is nearing his thirties and I don't want to commit that type of money to him!!! A prime example of a player like him is Ben Wallace a undersize type of players who is about the same age and he is not contributing like he used to!!!

Fuuuuccckkk this Brand for Davis deal!!! Just deal him to someone who has some cap space and build for youth again...Use that FA money to bring in an impact player...Plus we get a low draft pick to pickup a stud...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:32 pm
J-Rich wrote:I don't want Brand!!! He is nearing his thirties and I don't want to commit that type of money to him!!! A prime example of a player like him is Ben Wallace a undersize type of players who is about the same age and he is not contributing like he used to!!!

Fuuuuccckkk this Brand for Davis deal!!! Just deal him to someone who has some cap space and build for youth again...Use that FA money to bring in an impact player...Plus we get a low draft pick to pickup a stud...
we dont need youth we are the 4 youngest team we need to keep our veterans and make make some minor trades for more effient bench
I like pie
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:47 pm
J-Rich wrote:I don't want Brand!!! He is nearing his thirties and I don't want to commit that type of money to him!!! A prime example of a player like him is Ben Wallace a undersize type of players who is about the same age and he is not contributing like he used to!!!

You're comparing Elton Brand with Ben Wallace???.

Amazing. Wave goodbye to your credibiilty, buddy. What was left of it, I mean.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 pm
TMC wrote:

You're comparing Elton Brand with Ben Wallace???.

Amazing. Wave goodbye to your credibiilty, buddy. What was left of it, I mean.

I get it............I stop going at him................then you can instead? :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads