Game Thread: Denver Nuggets @ Warriors 2008-04-10

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors be able to stop the Nuggets?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:10 pm

YES
94%
NO
6%

Total votes : 32

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:10 pm
Denver Nuggets (47-31) @ Golden State Warriors (47-31)

Start time 5:00 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Local Television: TNT

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Denver Nuggets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Anthony Carter
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Marcus Camby

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.9) | A. Iverson (26.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.4) | M. Camby (13.3)
APG - B. Davis (7.6) | A. Iverson (7.2)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | A. Iverson (1.9)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | M. Camby (3.6)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:16 pm
Pshhhhh the Warriors better take care of them. Only two games I saw in person were losses and I am hoping third time is the charm for me to witness a win.
And aside from my personal reasons, I need some happiness in my life and the Dubs in the playoffs would bring just that. :wink:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:22 pm
Playoff Baron will be in the building.....look out....we all know this is the season for us and the Nuggets aren't a very good road team but we shall see what happens. LETS GO DUBZ!!!!!!!!! I will be decked out in dubz gear all day, lucky boxers as well. We gotta pull out all the stops for this one!!!!!!!!!!! :) :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:24 pm
This is the game we have been waiting for. Who wants it more? We will soon find out. Go Dubs!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:40 pm
definite playoff atmosphere for this game. its gonna be a good game. probably the biggest game of the year (i know all these past games have been called the same thing). no predictions from me for this one.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 pm
Dun, dun, dunnnnn........ in this corner....

A regular season game cannot get any bigger than this. Everyone needs to put on the hustle and the extra extra effort for this game.

Keep KMart in check, AI and Mello will get theirs just need to keep the supporting casts in check.

Go DUBS!!!
6-7 Man Rotation??? WTF!$!%!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:03 am
EMan32 wrote:definite playoff atmosphere for this game. its gonna be a good game. probably the biggest game of the year (i know all these past games have been called the same thing). no predictions from me for this one.

this is the biggest game of the year. But I think its the Clippers game after the Nuggets game we should be worried about. Looking at our past record it seems like we get destroyed after beating a good opponent. Look at our win against SA, Boston, Phx, Lakers.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:29 am
Who wouldda known at the beginning of the year that we'd be deciding the fate of the season in one game???

Well, it's at home, and both teams know it's a must-win. We can't fail at this point. Not at home.

Let's show this Nuggets who they really are:

PS: Please, no f*cking waves...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:34 am
For all those who have either said the Warriors will/will not make the Playoffs, this is what we have all been waiting for. THis is the Playoffs, no excuses...Warriors need to kick some major ass! Baron should play out of his mind (just like tonight) :headbang:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:52 am
2007-08 - Western Conference Playoffs - Game 0

Man...........this is just a little too big to even contemplate...............so I wont.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:02 am
sleandres wrote:For all those who have either said the Warriors will/will not make the Playoffs, this is what we have all been waiting for. THis is the Playoffs, no excuses...Warriors need to kick some major ass! Baron should play out of his mind (just like tonight) :headbang:

this is the play off and we will win this round
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:28 am
Just pissed how TNT put the W's in the basement when it comes to primetime.

You have the a game that doesn't even need to be televised (Clips vs. Fakers) in prime time and you throw a playoff game at 5pm (Pacific).

Is the NBA taking advice from Monday Night Football now (If you all remember how they moved the time to 5:30pm Pacific start then the next year had to recant)

I think it's Bob Delaney and Stern pissing on the Warriors fans again.

Thank God for Tivo.

I think I'm going down to the Embarcedero with a "Free Tibet & Screw Stern & Delaney" sign :protest:

I know I'm way off on the Stern/Delaney thing but still can't get over the damn Lakers game and all the "what ifs" if the W's had a chance at a last shot and possibly being up a game right now on the Nugs and a game back of the Mavs.

I thought Fitz's suggestion that you take all 6 conference leaders and then the next 10 best times was right on point.

THE FREAKING HAWKS IN THE PLAYOFFS???

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:42 am
SFBlue wrote:Just pissed how TNT put the W's in the basement when it comes to primetime.

You have the a game that doesn't even need to be televised (Clips vs. Fakers) in prime time and you throw a playoff game at 5pm (Pacific). Is the NBA taking advice from Monday Night Football now (If you all remember how they moved the time to 5:30pm Pacific start then the next year had to recant)

Thank God for Tivo.

I think I'm going down to the Embarcedero with a "Free Tibet & Screw Stern & Delaney" sign :protest:

I know I'm way off on the Stern/Delaney thing but still can't get over the damn Lakers game and all the "what ifs" if the W's had a chance at a last shot and possibly being up a game right now on the Nugs and a game back of the Mavs.

I thought Fitz's suggestion that you take all 6 conference leaders and then the next 10 best times was right on point.

The 5pm game time IS prime time for much of the US. This is actually a great chance for the East and Central regions to see the Ws play in prime time. I know Warriors fans like to hate TNT, but in this case you're making something out of nothing.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:49 am
hoopitup wrote:
SFBlue wrote:Just pissed how TNT put the W's in the basement when it comes to primetime.

You have the a game that doesn't even need to be televised (Clips vs. Fakers) in prime time and you throw a playoff game at 5pm (Pacific). Is the NBA taking advice from Monday Night Football now (If you all remember how they moved the time to 5:30pm Pacific start then the next year had to recant)

Thank God for Tivo.

The 5pm game time IS prime time for much of the US. This is actually a great chance for the East and Central regions to see the Ws play in prime time. I know Warriors fans like to hate TNT, but in this case you're making something out of nothing.

5PM is as far from prime time as humanly possible. You are talking about two west coast teams that most rabid Knicks and Nets fans could give a crap about.

It's about the standard that TV adheres to to get the most viewers.

Why do you think they changed MNF to a later time when they tried to move it earlier for the east coast folks? Too many west coast folks started watching after the half. (One of the highest rated TV shows ever).

The east coast is use to late night sports or you would see MLB/NBA/NHL west coast games all starting earlier than 7:30pm to adhere to the east.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 am
obviously a MUST win. We lose and we are essentially 2 games back with 3 to go.

Return to Game Threads