Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2008-04-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors finish this road trip with a win on national television?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:17 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:04 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Yeah, I'm with J-Rich. This just isnt a playoff team. They live-and-die by the three, and, when it doesnt fall, like it hasnt been lately, they have none chance to do anything. They will not go in and get easy layups, which they can every time, if they wanted to. They refuse to play defense. They have no lock down defender, and dont like to rebound the ball.

If they do make the playoffs, it will be because we caught a couple of breaks and some teams lost, but we will not get in there because of our own good play.

I have not given up, and really want it to happen, but, realistically, it wont.

WOW!!!!!!!! never thought Id see that.

For f*cks sake though...........how do you guys not see that all this is to do them being burned out from so much running all season!!!

We lead the league in shots attempted (very tiring to shoot the most shots if youve ever played ball)........we lead the league in steals and forced turnovers (its very tiring to force the other team to turn the ball over and get steals......if youve ever played ball)...........and we lead the league in fast break points (hmm, always though running hard and more than the other team was always pretty tiring)

These last 4 games have all been a by-product of us running into the ground all season.........nothing to do with heart.

I couldn't agree more. If Wright and atson had been used more often and Pietrus, Barnes and Azu had been used in a method where they didn;t have to just be the "hot hand" to play, this team would have not tanked out at the end.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:53 pm
i couldn't do much on the board, cause been watching the game with my girlfriend. but - as much as i am dissapointed i really hate all these 'trade jax and baron' guys. well, i could agree on trading harrington. we lost, simple as that. jax was off,is off as of lately, what can you expect, when even azubuike doesn't hit threes. if it was memphis they would've gone in. plus we were tied 90-90 as far as i remember. it could've turned out the other way, but it didn't...
ah, it's sad. but watching a game with a girlfriend makes it so much easier at the end :mrgreen:
we still have a chance, albeit soooooooooooooo small
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:07 pm
Well. I still believe. This was the game we expected them to lose. Dallas are likely out of reach but if we beat Denver and they lose to Houston and Jazz (not unthinkable) we can even afford losing to the suns and still get in.

We still have a decent chance at it. Where's the faith people?

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:08 pm
cladden wrote:Well. I still believe. This was the game we expected them to lose. Dallas are likely out of reach but if we beat Denver and they lose to Houston and Jazz (not unthinkable) we can even afford losing to the suns and still get in.

i will pull for my team untill death

many on this board give up but will be high when we make it
its all good it takes all types...i like all the types just ...some more than others. i will never give in even at the 11th hour
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 pm
That Seattle win really made me feel better. I was pretty pissed about our play, and I still am, but at least, now, we have a chance. GOTTA take care of buisiness on Tuesday, though. :|
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:That Seattle win really made me feel better. I was pretty pissed about our play, and I still am, but at least, now, we have a chance. GOTTA take care of buisiness on Tuesday, though. :|

i was very upset as well ...then it got worse when the fans on the board we talking like it was over :shock:
but now weare in the hunt fosho
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:28 pm
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:That Seattle win really made me feel better. I was pretty pissed about our play, and I still am, but at least, now, we have a chance. GOTTA take care of buisiness on Tuesday, though. :|

i was very upset as well ...then it got worse when the fans on the board we talking like it was over :shock:

I assumed that Denver would have blown them out, and if that was the case, in my mind, we were done. By no means are we now, though.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JOEL wrote:

I assumed that Denver would have blown them out, and if that was the case, in my mind, we were done. By no means are we now, though.

i certainly not :D
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 pm
JOEL wrote:
cladden wrote:Well. I still believe. This was the game we expected them to lose. Dallas are likely out of reach but if we beat Denver and they lose to Houston and Jazz (not unthinkable) we can even afford losing to the suns and still get in.

i will pull for my team untill death

many on this board give up but will be high when we make it
its all good it takes all types...i like all the types just ...some more than others. i will never give in even at the 11th hour

I don't think that is true... merely voiceing out frustrations with the teams play lately, but there is still some playoff life left with Sonics beating out Denver.

Dammnit.... we need to get a rally cap for the next two games. GO DUBS!!!!
6-7 Man Rotation??? WTF!$!%!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:03 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JOEL wrote:

Me too. But Denver insists on keeping us alive... How the **** can they lose to Seattle in one of the biggest games of their season???
Previous

Return to Game Threads